A versatile, take-everywhere zoom lens - If you want an all-round, go-to lens for life's many unpredictable moments, look no further than the 1 NIKKOR 11-27.5mm f/3.5-5.6. Sleek and compact, it strikes an ideal balance with the Nikon 1 camera body while delivering a versatile 11-27.5mm (30-74mm equivalent on 35mm format) zoom range. Capture tack-sharp group shots, vibrant wide-angle landscapes, flattering portraits with softly blurred backgrounds and stunning HD videos from any vantage.
Brilliant shots from near and far
Wide-angle to medium-telephoto zoom - Catch a wide-angle group shot one moment, then zoom in for a candid close-up portrait the next. The 1 NIKKOR 11-27.5mm f/3.5-5.6's versatile standard zoom range (30-74mm equivalent on 35mm format) is ideal for just about any shooting situation, from landscapes to portraits. Every shot will be as brilliant as the moment it was captured.
Portable zoom versatility
Our most compact standard zoom yet - The Nikon 1 system is one of the most compact, portable interchangeable lens cameras available, designed so you can always have your camera on-hand. The 1 NIKKOR 11-27.5mm f/3.5-5.6 lens takes that portability to the next level. At just 31mm long, it's an ultra-compact standard zoom that keeps your Nikon 1 camera as slim as possible. And it produces such great results in so many situations, you'll carry it with you all the time.
Great photography effects
Blur-free action shots and softened backgrounds - Give your portraits beautiful softly blurred backgrounds. The 1 NIKKOR 11-27.5mm f/3.5-5.6's fast f/3.5 maximum aperture creates that attractive shallow depth-of-field and lets you shoot at faster shutter speeds in fast-action or low-light situations.
AS - AS stands for Aspherical lens elements. This type of lens utilizes non-spherical surfaces on either one or both sides of the glass in order to eliminate certain types of lens aberration.
Extra-low Dispersion Glass - An optical glass developed by Nikon that is used with normal optical glass in telephoto lenses to obtain optimum correction of chromatic aberrations.
IF Lens - A NIKKOR lens in which only the internal lens group shifts during focusing. These lenses will be designated with the abbreviation IF on the lens barrel.
- A Nikon CX-format compatible 2.5x standard zoom lens that covers the range of focal lengths from 11?27.5 mm (angle of view equivalent to that of 30?74-mm lens in 35-mm  format)
- Optics utilizing one aspherical lens element and one ED lens element optimized for the CX format
- Camera can be turned on and off using the retractable lens barrel button on the lens (J1 and V1 cannot be turned off using this button)
- Approximately 32 g lighter and approximately 11 mm shorter at maximum length than the 1 NIKKOR VR 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6
- Retractable lens mechanism for increased portability
- Designed with an appearance that expresses high performance and elegance with a form that emphasizes its slim profile