An everyday notebook for everyone.
With the HP 2000, you get genuine HP reliability for your social networks, videos, music, and more. Surf the web, send email, or talk face to face with a built-in webcam. Play HD games and watch blockbuster movies on a brilliant display. Enjoy clear conversations and full sounding music thanks to premium Altec Lansing speakers. And do it all on the move with outstanding battery life.
Just what you need at a just-right price.
No more relying on other people for computer access for work, play and online living: the new HP is priced within reach. And what value: for a low price you get all the essentials plus support for HD video and Altec Lansing stereo speakers for great entertainment. Integrated wireless Internet lets you connect while within range of a WiFi hotspot. A large hard drive holds plenty of homework, music, photos and videos. Take it wherever you go with confidence in HP's design and reliability. Get true freedom: the new HP 2000 notebook.
- 15.6-inch diagonal HD BrightView LED-backlit Display (1366x768)
- Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit)
- Get up to 5 hours and 45 minutes of battery life on a single charge and never slow down.
- Get reliable performance for everyday tasks like e-mail, word processing and photo management with the Intel Pentium Processor B960.
- Get immersive game-ready 3D graphics performance and save power with Intel HD graphics.
- Store up to 116,000 photos, 105,000 tracks or 210 movies in HD with the 500GB hard drive.
- Wirelessly sync with phones and PDAs, plus print files, up to 30 feet away with Bluetooth 2.0.
- Award-winning HP Imprint finish in charcoal gray.
- Protection against cybercrime with 60-day Norton Internet Security subscription; optimized for your PC and ranked #1 in protection and performance. Surf, shop and bank online safely.
HP Premier Experience-a better Windows 7
Better organized with HP Launch Box: find Windows Live and HP Recommended apps grouped together on the task bar, plus set up a third box to customize with your own apps. Faster start, shutdown, sleep and wake up times. Put your notebook to sleep in less than 3 seconds; resume lightning fast in less than 1 second. Simplified Start Menu and notifications area to find what you need more quickly. And fewer notifications and pop-ups to interrupt you! Do more with the HP Premier Experience. Get all this in your HP 2000 too.
- Touchpad supporting multi-touch gestures
- 3 USB ports
- Digital Media Reader for SD and Multimedia cards
Connect online. Fast and easy!
Hand-picked HP PC technologies help your HP 2000 Notebook think, act and interact online the way you do.
- Built-in HP Webcam with integrated digital microphone lets you chat live, capture video and still images. Send to friends, upload to Facebook. Bonus: Personalize with YouCam software! (included)
- Connect fast anywhere internet access is available, with built-in Wireless LAN.
Entertainment value? It's a natural.
Major studios have long relied on HP technology when making blockbuster movies, from Disney's Fantasia (1940) to DreamWorks Animation's Kung Fu Panda 2 (2011). No wonder your HP 2000 notebook delivers outstanding entertainment value: it's in our DNA.
- Enjoy clear natural dialogue and music with integrated Altec Lansing speakers.
- Vivid color sweeps across full-screen HD content with the brilliant 16:9 HP BrightView display. Dive in!
Rely on HP to bring you a notebook this tough.
The U.S. Air Force relies on HP to support its cyber warfare strategy and as its preferred technology vendor to run critical operations. The Navy, to keep its defense network secure. Understandably so: HP notebooks are engineered to meet select US Department of Defense standards for equipment used in combat to help ensure they survive in extreme conditions for high temperature, humidity, shock and vibration. Our notebooks must survive extreme temperatures while running-a full 6 degrees hotter than the hottest day recorded in Death Valley, CA, to date. Before releasing this HP 2000 model for consumer use, we put it through a minimum of 140 tests, consuming at least 95,000 hours-all to help ensure it can outlast the rigors of daily life.
Relax with 24 x 7 support.
HP Total Care provides award-winning service and support for your computer. Visit online to learn about services and support options that supplement or extend your standard coverage. Check the label placed on the bottom cover (or inside it on select models) for your PC's warranty period.
During your limited warranty period you get:
- 24 x 7 technical assistance via online chat, email, or phone
- Parts and labor coverage, including customer-replaceable parts, return of equipment to HP, and authorized service provider options
- 24 x 7 toll-free technical and limited software support in English or Spanish
In addition, and at no charge, you get lifetime access to:
- HP Support Forum in English, French, or Spanish
- HP Support Assistant: click the icon in your taskbar or desktop for easy access to automated maintenance, built-in diagnostic tools, and a choice of assistance options.
- Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit)
- Intel Pentium Processor B960
- 2MB L3 Cache
- 4GB DDR3 SDRAM (1 DIMM)
- Maximum supported = 8GB
ACCESSIBLE MEMORY SLOTS
- Intel HD Graphics with up to 1696MB total graphics memory
- 500GB 5400RPM hard drive
FINISH AND FEATURES
- HP Imprint finish in charcoal gray
- HP Webcam with integrated microphone
- SuperMulti DVD burner
- 15.6-inch diagonal HD BrightView LED-backlit display (1366x768)
- 10/100BASE-T Ethernet LAN (RJ-45 connector)
- 802.11b/g/n WLAN and Bluetooth
- Digital media card reader for Secure Digital and Multimedia cards
- Altec Lansing Speakers
- Full-size keyboard
- Touchpad with on/off button
EXTERNAL NOTEBOOK PORTS
- 3 Universal Serial Bus (USB) 2.0
- 1 VGA (15-pin)
- 1 RJ-45 (LAN)
- 1 Headphone-out
- 1 Microphone-in
- 14.80" (L) x 9.72" (W) x 1.23" (min H) -1.41" (max H)
- 5.50 lbs
- Kensington MicroSaver lock slot
- Power-on password
- Accepts 3rd-party security locking devices
- 65W AC adapter
- 6-cell 47WHr lithium-ion battery
- Up to 5 hours and 45 minutes
WARRANTY AND SUPPORT
- 1-Year Limited Hardware Warranty with Toll-Free Support (NA)
- 1-Year Free Hardware Technical Support
- 30-Days Free Limited Software Support with 1-Year (from date of purchase) with Product Registration.
SECURITY AND SUPPORT
- HP Security Assistant: One-stop access to preloaded security solutions to help defend your data.
- Free 60-day Norton Internet Security 2012 Subscription
- HP Recovery Manager: Recover, restore, and create recovery media for, your PC.
- Windows Update
- Lojack for Laptops
- HP Support Assistant: Update your PC, troubleshoot problems and get technical support.
- HP Power Manager: Adjust settings for optimal battery life or performance.
- HP Setup Manager: Transfer files, set up backups, get connected and more-easily.
- HP Application Assistant: Makes finding and downloading the software needed to open your files easy.
- HP Launch Box: Fast launch of HP and Microsoft apps grouped in taskbar boxes, plus option to customize a third box.
PRODUCTIVITY AND FINANCE
- Microsoft Office Starter: reduced-functionality Word and Excel only, with advertising. No PowerPoint or Outlook.
- Windows Live Essentials 2011: Mail, Messenger, Photo Gallery, Movie Maker, Writer, Mesh
- Adobe Reader
- Adobe Flash Player
- Adobe Shockwave Player
- Microsoft Silverlight
MULTIMEDIA AND ENTERTAINMENT
- Windows Media Player
- Windows DVD Maker
- Cyberlink YouCam DE: Chat live and capture video or photos. Be yourself or a favorite avatar!
- Zya Music Maker: Zya makes it fun and easy for everyone to create and share their own music.
- RaRa Music: Music for every mood!
- HP MovieStore powered by Rovi: Rent or buy latest movies and TV shows.
- HP Music: Listen to all the music you want at one low monthly price.
- Snapfish Picture Mover
- HP Games powered by WildTangent includes 10 free game rental sessions of "Plants vs. Zombies", 2010 Game of the Year, and 1 free game Farm Frenzy valued at $19.99 MSRP.
- Blio eReader application with full color includes 4 free digital books valued at $75 MSRP.
- Internet Explorer
- Bing Bar for Internet Explorer 9
- HP QuickWeb: Instant-on web browser with customizable widget dashboard.