Own a genuine HP notebook. Now easier than ever!
Get more freedom now. Grab HP's most affordable notebook and go! The HP 2000 places genuine HP reliability in your hands at a must-have price. Take your work and fun with you and get connected online for everyday tasks and entertainment at a low price. An unbeatable value, only from HP.
Just what you need at a just-right price.
No more relying on other people for computer access for work, play and online living: the new HP is priced within reach. And what value: for a low price you get all the essentials plus support for HD video and Altec Lansing stereo speakers for great entertainment. Integrated wireless Internet lets you connect while within range of a WiFi hotspot. A large hard drive holds plenty of work, homework, music, photos and videos. Take it wherever you go with confidence in HP's design and reliability. Get true freedom: the new HP 2000 notebook.
- 15.6" diagonal HD LED display
- Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit)
- Get up to 5 hours and 30 minutes of battery life with the 6-cell 47WHr Lithium-Ion battery.
- Get reliable performance for everyday multi-tasking with e-mail, word processing and photo management with the Intel
Pentium Processor B950
- Get immersive game-ready 3D graphics performance and save power with Intel- HD Graphics 3000 with up to 1760MB total graphics memory
- Store up to 66,000 photos, 60,000 tracks or 120 movies in HD with the 320GB hard drive.
- Wirelessly sync with phones and PDAs, plus print files, up to 30 feet away with Bluetooth 2.0.
- Award-winning HP Imprint finish in charcoal gray.
- Protection against cybercrime with 60-day Norton Internet Security subscription; optimized for your PC and ranked #1 in protection and performance. Surf, shop and bank online safely.
A better Windows 7 ? only from HP
Better organized with HP Launch Box: Find key Windows Live and HP Recommended apps grouped together on the task bar and a box to customize with your own. Faster start, shutdown, sleep and wake up times. Simplified Start Menu and notifications area to find what you need more quickly. Plus, fewer notifications and pop-ups to interrupt you! Do more with the HP Premier Experience.
Get all this in your HP 2000 too.
- Touchpad supporting multi-touch gestures
- 3 USB ports
- Digital Media Reader for SD and Multimedia cards
Connect online. Fast and easy!
Hand-picked HP PC technologies help your HP 2000 Notebook think, act and interact online the way you do.
- Built-in HP Webcam with integrated digital microphone lets you chat live, capture video and still images. Send to friends, upload to Facebook. Bonus: Personalize with YouCam software! (included)
- Connect fast anywhere internet access is available, with built-in Wireless LAN.
Entertainment value? It's a natural.
Major studios have long relied on HP technology when making blockbuster movies, from Disney's Fantasia (1940) to DreamWorks Animation's Kung Fu Panda 2 (2011). No wonder your HP 2000 notebook delivers outstanding entertainment value: it's in our DNA.
- Enjoy clear natural dialogue and music with integrated Altec Lansing speakers.
- Vivid color sweeps across full-screen HD content with the brilliant 16:9 HP BrightView display. Dive in!
Rely on HP to bring you a notebook this tough.
The U.S. Air Force relies on HP to support its cyber warfare strategy and as its preferred technology vendor to run critical operations. The Navy, to keep its defense network secure. Understandably so: HP notebooks are engineered to meet select US Department of Defense standards for equipment used in combat to help ensure they survive in extreme conditions for high temperature, humidity, shock and vibration. Our notebooks must survive extreme temperatures while running-a full 6 degrees hotter than the hottest day recorded in Death Valley, CA, to date. Before releasing this HP 2000 model for consumer use, we put it through a minimum of 140 tests, consuming at least 95,000 hours-all to help ensure it can outlast the rigors of daily life.
Relax with 24 x 7 support.
HP Total Care provides award-winning service and support for your computer. Visit online to learn about services and support options that supplement or extend your standard coverage. Check the label placed on the bottom cover (or inside it on select models) for your PC's warranty period.
During your limited warranty period you get:
- 24 x 7 technical assistance via online chat, email, or phone
- Parts and labor coverage, including customer-replaceable parts, return of equipment to HP, and authorized service provider options
- 24 x 7 toll-free technical and limited software support in English or Spanish
In addition, and at no charge, you get lifetime access to:
- HP Support Forum in English, French, or Spanish
- HP Support Assistant: click the icon in your taskbar or desktop for easy access to automated maintenance, built-in diagnostic tools, and a choice of assistance options.
- Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit)
- Intel Pentium Processor B950
- 2.10 GHz
- 2MB L3 Cache
- 4GB DDR3 SDRAM (1 DIMM)
- Maximum supported = 8GB
ACCESSIBLE MEMORY SLOTS
- Intel HD Graphics 3000 with up to 1760MB total graphics memory
- 320GB 5400RPM hard drive
FINISH AND FEATURES
- HP Imprint finish in charcoal gray
- HP Webcam with integrated digital microphone
- SuperMulti DVD burner
- 15.6-inch diagonal HD BrightView LED-backlit Display (1366x768)
- 10/100BASE-T Ethernet LAN (RJ-45 connector)
- 802.11b/g/n WLAN and Bluetooth
- Digital Media Card Reader for Secure Digital and Multimedia cards
- Altec Lansing Speakers
- Full-size keyboard
- Touchpad with multitouch gesture support and on/off button
EXTERNAL NOTEBOOK PORTS
- 3 Universal Serial Bus (USB) 2.0
- 1 VGA (15-pin)
- 1 RJ -45 (LAN)
- 1 Headphone-out
- 1 Microphone-in
- 14.80" (L) x 9.72" (W) x 1.23" (min H) -1.41" (max H)
- 5.50 lbs
- Kensington MicroSaver lock slot
- Power-on password
- Accepts 3rd party security lock devices
- 65W AC adapter
- 6-cell 47WHr lithium-ion battery
- Up to 5 hours and 30 minutes
WARRANTY AND SUPPORT
- 1-Year Limited Hardware Warranty with Toll-Free Support (NA)
- 1-Year Free Hardware Technical Support
- 30-Days Free Limited Software Support with 1-Year (from date of purchase) with Product Registration.
SECURITY AND SUPPORT
- Free 60-day Norton Internet Security 2012 Subscription
- HP Support Assistant: Update your PC, troubleshoot problems and get technical support.
- HP Power Manager: Adjust power settings for optimal battery life or performance.
- HP Recovery Manager: Recover, restore, and create recovery media for, your PC.
- HP Launch Box: Group key apps in the taskbar for fast launch and customize your own.
- HP Setup Manager: Transfer files, set up backups, get connected and more-easily.
- LoJack for Laptops
PRODUCTIVITY AND FINANCE
- Microsoft Office 2010 preloaded. (Purchase of a Product Key required to activate a full Office 2010 suite.)
- Windows Live Essentials 2011: Mail, Messenger, Photo Gallery, Movie Maker, Writer, Mesh
- Adobe Reader X
- Adobe Flash Player
- Adobe Shockwave Player
- Microsoft Silverlight
MULTIMEDIA AND ENTERTAINMENT
- HP MovieStore powered by RoxioNow: Rent or buy the latest movies, TV shows and music videos.
- HP MusicStore powered by Rhapsody: Listen to the music you want at one low monthly price.
- Blio eReader application with full color includes 4 free digital books valued at $75 MSRP.
- CyberLink Power DVD
- Cyberlink YouCam BE
- Snapfish Picture Mover
- Zya Music Maker: Collaborate with famous artists to create and share your own music.
- HP Games powered by WildTangent includes 5 free games valued at $100 MSRP.
- Magic Desktop powered by Easy Bits: Discover a safer, more fun and educational way to share your PC with kids.
- HP MyRoom: See yourself and friends, family or colleagues during video chats.
- Internet Explorer 9
- Bing Bar for IE 9 (Bing Bar 7)
- HP QuickWeb: Instant-on web browser with customizable widget dashboard.
- HP webOS: Works like you?discover the difference.