The Sony HVL-F58AM Flash Unit delivers flexible lighting control for a DSLR photographers. The innovative new "Quick Shift Bounce" system allows the flash to pivot 90 degrees left and right to maintain a proper lighting position, even when shooting vertically. The HVL-F58AM can also wirelessly control up to three groups of flashes, and Wireless Ratio Control allows users to specify luminosity ratios for each group. Additionally, the HVL-F58AM features an effective range of more than 45 feet (14.5m) and a fast, 5 second recharge time. A built-in wide panel and bounce sheet provide an even greater degree of creative control.
- The HVL-F58AM Flash Unit is designed specifically for Sony alpha DSLR cameras.
- Delivers high-illumination output in a compact, lightweight body, with an effective range of more than 45 feet (14.5m) and guide number 58. (Guide number measures the illumination capability of the flash; the higher the number, the higher the light output. Tested at ISO100, 105mm).
- The innovative "Quick Shift Bounce" system allows the HVL-F58AM to orbit 90 degrees left and right, allowing you to maintain horizontal light distribution even when shooting vertically. In addition to pivoting side-to-side, the flash unit can also tilt down 10 degrees or back 150 degrees, ensuring customers the lighting freedom they need to capture that perfect shot.
- Wireless Ratio Control allows customers to wirelessly control up to three groups of flashes, as well as specify the luminosity ratio for each group, so they can enjoy multiple-flash lighting techniques without the need for special equipment or tedious exposure settings.
- The HVL-F58AM Flash Unit recharges approximately 55 percent faster than the previous Sony high-end accessory flash (HVL-F56AM), so customers will be ready to catch the next great moment. And because it features a quiet recycle charge, there's no whine to distract them from their subject.
- Auto White Balance compensation allows for more accurate white balance in flash photography sending color temperature information from the HVL-F58AM to the camera, where it is incorporated into the camera?s white balance settings.
- Modeling light capability allows the HVL-F58AM to pulse, helping photographers determine where shadows will fall before taking the picture, so they can alter lighting or subject positioning as necessary.
- Stroboscopic lighting control lets the HVL-F58AM fire multiple times during a single exposure, allowing customers to capture stroboscopic images where moving subjects are frozen several times in the frame.
- ADI (Advanced Distance Integration) metering enables the HVL-F58AM to work more effectively with lenses equipped with distance encoders -- combining TTL (through-the-lens) flash metering with guide number control calculated automatically according to the distance to the subject, the ambient light and the pre-flash reflectivity of the subject.
- Conventional flashes only work well at shutter speeds from 1/125 to 1/250 of a second. The Sony HVL-F58AM Flash Unit provides High-Speed Synchronization mode that enables flash sync with shutter speeds from 1/500 to 1/4000 of a second to catch fast-moving subjects.
- The HVL-F58AM automatically adjusts flash for focal-length settings from 24mm to 105mm -- and a built-in, slide-out wide-angle panel increases wide-angle coverage to 16mm.
- The HVL-F58AM features a slide-out bounce sheet built into the flash head, and can be used in portraits and other bounced light shots to direct light at a subject?s pupils to deliver more lively expression.
- The large, easy-to-see LCD display and intuitive button layout make it easy to configure the HVL-F58AM for a variety of shooting needs.
- The HVL-F58AM comes with a mini-stand that can stand on its own or be mounted to a tripod or lighting stand for increased wireless freedom. Folds up for easy storage.
- Flash Coverage: GN58 = up to 58 meters (190 ft) at ISO100 with 105mm lens
- Flash Modes: Control: Bounce angles: Upward - 90 degrees; Downward - minus 10 degrees;; Left/ Right (Front/Back) - 180 degrees;Automatic Light Control
- Material: Poly-carbonate plastic
- Flash Modes: Automatic Light Control
- Storage Temperature: (-4 to +140 degrees F (-20 to +60 degrees)
- Battery Type: AA Alkaline /AA Ni-MH - requires 4
Weights and Measurements
- Dimensions (Approx.): (WHD) 3-1/8 x 4-7/8 x 4-1/4" (77 x 147 x 106 mm)
- Weight (Approx.): 15.6 oz (440 g)