Smooth Transmission Focus - While subjects remain in sharp focus, out-of-focus backgrounds or foregrounds are blurred smoothly and evenly with gradation that thickens toward the edges of the frame for a pleasing aesthetic effect
Transmissive Brightness - After light passes through the apodization element, the lens aperture of f2.8 yields a T (transmissive brightness) equivalent of 4.5; a manual aperture ring can adjust T setting from 4.5 to 6.7.
Wide Focus Ring - The dedicated manual focusing system is controlled by a wide focus ring that's comfortable to hold and gives you a solid, hands-on feel for pinpoint focusing of your subject.
Circular Aperture - Because aperture blades form a near circle at the wide openings used for low-light shots, spot-light sources have a pleasing circular defocused effect.
- Lens Type: Standard & Medium Telephoto
- Aperture (Max.): f/2.8
- Aperture (Min.): f/31
- Filter Diameter: 72mm
- Lens Groups-Elements: 8 group, 6 elements
- Minimum Focus Distance: 0.87m
- Aspheric Elements: no aspheric
- Depth-of-Field: Yes
- Distance Encoder: Yes
- Angle of View: 18 degrees (12 degrees 35mm equivalent)
- Aperture Blade: 9 aperture blades
- Dimensions (Max. Diameter x Length): 80mm x 99mm
- Focal Length (35mm equivalent): APS: 202.5mm (35mm Equivalent: 135mm)
- Magnification: x 0.25
Weights and Measurements
- Dimensions (Approx.): 3 1/8 x 3 7/8" (80 x 99mm)
- Weight (Approx.): 1lb 10oz (730g)