An everyday notebook for everyone.
With the HP 2000, you get genuine HP reliability for your social networks, web surfing, video chatting and more. Enjoy movies on the brilliant HD widescreen display amplified by Altec Lansing speakers. Access new experiences with the HP 2000.
Designed for every day of the week.
With the HP 2000, you get genuine HP reliability for your social networks, videos, music, and more. Surf the web, send email, or talk face to face with a built-in HP TrueVision HD webcam. Play HD games and watch blockbuster movies on a brilliant widescreen display. Enjoy clear conversations and full sounding music thanks to premium Altec Lansing speakers. And do it all on the move with outstanding battery life. Access new experiences and opportunities with the HP 2000.
HP PCs deliver optimal performance through meticulously engineered designs. Each series undergoes at least 140 rigorous tests defined by HP Labs to ensure they can survive extreme conditions and use over the long haul. And each includes components and software from world-class partners.
- Windows 8
- Go up to 5 hours and 30 minutes without recharging.
- Live life in high definition on the 15.6-inch diagonal HD BrightView LED-backlit display (1366x768).
- Get reliable performance for everyday tasks like e-mail, word processing and photo
management with the Intel Pentium B980 Processor.
- Store up to 116,000 photos, 105,000 tracks or 210 HD movies with a 500GB hard drive.
- Watch movies, record music and video, plus load apps with the SuperMulti DVD burner.
- Award-winning HP Imprint finish in black licorice.
- Stay connected to friends, family, and colleagues at wireless hotspots with Wi-Fi 802.11.
Built for everyday computing, the HP 2000 packs the PC essentials into an attractive design - all at an affordable price. An on-trend oversized HP logo sports the top cover and left palm rest, setting the 2000 apart from the everyday. And signaling HP's position as the most popular PC on the planet. Wrapped in an always-in-style matte black licorice HP Imprint finish that switches to gloss on the palm rest for sweet contrast.
HP humanizes technology: we are inspired by the way you think, feel, act and interact. From music to movies to video, we understand the way you want to see and hear entertainment, and we've designed our notebooks accordingly.
- Altec Lansing Speakers: Enjoy clear conversations and full sounding music.
- HDMI Port: Watch video on an HD TV and other compatible devices.
Major studios have relied on HP technology when making blockbuster movies, from Disney's Fantasia (1940) to DreamWorks Animations' Madagascar 3: Europe's Most wanted (2012). Delivering outstanding entertainment is in our DNA.
- HP Support Assistant: Keep running smoothly with automated help right on your PC.
- HP Connected Photo: Picture what's next. Sync photos across your PC, smartphone, and tablet. Crop, rotate, add captions, and more. Then share in seconds with friends and family through your social networks. Picture the fun.
- HP MyRoom: Make HP MyRoom your online meeting place! Enjoy IM, text and video chat, plus file sharing in a private virtual room.
- Cyberlink YouCam DE: Enhance your video chat with effects, gadgets and avatars-even amazing 3D augmented reality! Upload your webcam videos directly to YouTube or Facebook in HD.
Help save more than the earth.
Save time and money, too. Now recycling your HP and Compaq products is more convenient than ever-and totally free! Get your recycling voucher at online, then drop products off at a FedEx Office (more than 1,700 US locations) for packing and shipping. Or, get cash back, a gift card or options to donate computer hardware (any brand) with residual value, plus the option to recycle it. Responsible recycling has never been easier!
Your Windows 8 experience. Make it better with HP.
HP, a world leader in PCs and touch technology, now brings you Windows 8 on a full range of products designed to fit your needs. And, introducing HP Connected which links you to your photos. Your Windows 8 experience. Make it better with HP.
Here to keep you happy.
Our customer support team wins awards for doing what they do best: helping people like you. Visit online to learn about services and support options that supplement or extend your standard coverage. Check the label placed on the bottom cover (or inside it if removable) for your PC's warranty period.
During your limited warranty period you get:
- 24 x 7 technical assistance via online chat, email, or phone
- Parts and labor coverage, including customer-replaceable parts, return of equipment to HP, and authorized service provider options
- 24 x 7 toll-free technical and limited software support in English or Spanish a
In addition, and at no charge, you get lifetime access to:
- HP Support Forum in English, French, or Spanish - and now accessible on your smartphone
- HP Support Assistant: You can access HP Support Assistant by clicking the ? icon in your taskbar or by selecting the HP Support Assistant app on the Start Screen. You can schedule automatic updates and boost your PC's performance.
- Windows 8
- Intel Pentium B980 Processor
- 2MB L3 Cache
- 4GB DDR3 SDRAM (1 DIMM)
- Maximum supported = 8GB
ACCESSIBLE MEMORY SLOTS
- Intel HD graphics with up to 1696MB total graphics memory
- 500GB 5400RPM hard drive
FINISH AND FEATURES
- HP Imprint finish in black licorice
- HP TrueVision HD Webcam with integrated digital microphone
- SuperMulti DVD burner
- 15.6-inch diagonal HD BrightView LED-backlit display (1366x768)
- 10/100BASE-T Ethernet LAN (RJ-45 connector)
- 1x1 802.11b/g/n WLAN
- Multi-format digital media card reader for Secure Digital cards and Multimedia cards
- Altec Lansing dual speakers
- Full-size keyboard
- Touchpad supporting multi-touch gestures with on/off button
EXTERNAL NOTEBOOK PORTS
- 3 Universal Serial Bus (USB) 2.0
- 1 HDMI
- 1 VGA (15-pin)
- 1 RJ-45 (LAN)
- 1 Headphone-out
- 1 Microphone-in
- 1.20 in (min H)/ 1.41 in (max H) x 14.80 in (W) x 9.72 in (D)
- 5.39 lb
- Kensington MicroSaver lock slot
- Power-on password
- Accepts 3rd party security lock devices
- 65W AC adapter
- 6-cell 47WHr 2.2 Ah lithium-ion battery
- Up to 5 hours and 30 minutes
WARRANTY AND SUPPORT
- 1-Year Limited Hardware Warranty with Toll-Free Support (NA)
- 1-Year Free Hardware Technical Support
- 30-Days Free Limited Software Support with 1-Year (from date of purchase) with Product Registration.
Windows 8 Store Apps:
- Movie Maker
- Photo Gallery
COMMUNICATION AND CHAT
- HP MyRoom: 2-way IM, text and video chat, plus file sharing in a private virtual room.
- Cyberlink YouCam DE: Chat live and capture video or photos. Be yourself or a favorite avatar!
- HP Games powered by WildTangent: includes 10 free rental sessions of "Plants vs. Zombies", 2010 Game of the Year, and 1 free game Farm Frenzy valued at $19.99 MSRP.
HP HELP AND SUPPORT
- HP Online User Guide
- HP Support Assistant: Update your PC, troubleshoot problems and get technical support.
- HP Registration
SHOPPING AND SERVICES
- HP+ Best Offers
BOOKS, MUSIC, PHOTOS AND VIDEOS
- Kindle e-reader
- rara music: Music for every mood
- iHeart Radio: Listen, explore and customize a commercial-free station.
- HP Connected Photo powered by Snapfish: Sync photos snapped on your smartphone or tablet; edit and share through social networks in seconds.
- CyberLink PowerDVD and Power2Go
PRODUCTIVITY AND TOOLS
- Microsoft Office 2010: Buy Microsoft Office to activate Office software on this PC.
- Getting started with Windows 8
SECURITY AND PROTECTION
- Free 60-day Norton Internet Security subscription
- HP Recovery Manager: Recover, restore, and create recovery media for, your PC.