The NEX-EA50UH is an affordable, entry-level large sensor NXCAM professional camcorder. Thanks to its E mount interchangeable lens system, Exmor APS HD CMOS sensor, powerful imaging capabilities and flexible semi-shoulder design, the NEX EA50UH significantly expands creative freedom for Full HD video and 16.1 megapixel high-quality still photos shooting.
- The NEX-EA50H is capable of shooting in 50Hz or 60Hz systems; enabling users to produce content for clients around the world.
- It includes a newly developed E-mount servo zoom model SELP18200. It features: variable zoom speed, auto/manual focus, continuous variable iris and Optical Steady Shot image stabilization with Active Mode, making it ideal for shooting moving images.
- E mount interchangeable lens system accepts virtually any 35mm SLR, DSLR, and Cine lenses via inexpensive lens adapters.
- Its new Exmor APS HD CMOS sensor was designed for shooting Full HD video and 16.1 megapixel high-quality still photos without artifacts common to still camera sensors.
- Six picture profile settings for different shooting conditions are provided as default settings.
- As in other NXCAM camcorders, the internal recording format is AVCHD 2.0.
- A built-in GPS function automatically records absolute time and location information every half second of a shoot to AVCHD files.
- The optional HXR-FMU128 flash memory recording unit permits extended recording times exceeding 12 hours at 24Mbps and 10 hours at 28Mbps.
- One memory card slot accepts either compatible memory sticks or SD Cards.
- Simultaneous HD-HD recording to the memory card and FMU128 is possible