Compact Design, All-Around Versatility - This superb 24-70mm zoom lens is an excellent choice for a wide range of photo applications a lens you can put on and leave on, providing large-aperture brightness that?s easy to carry (35mm equivalent: 36-105mm).
Superior Large-Aperture Performance - Like other large-aperture Carl Zeiss lens designs, this f2.8 24-70mm zoom lens is simply magnificent in its ability to capture brilliant high-resolution images in low-light conditions requiring fully open aperture.
In-Camera Image Stabilization - A major reason for its compact, lightweight design is the benefit of Super SteadyShot in-camera image stabilization, built into every Sony & 945 system DSLR -- and enabling accessory lenses to eliminate the extra weight and expense of in-lens stabilization mechanisms.
SSM (Super Sonic wave Motor) - Designed for fast, smooth, silent automatic focusing, this unique technology achieves high torque at low speed with rapid start/stop response. It operates through the ability of a piezoelectric device to reshape itself quickly when voltage is applied.
Carl Zeiss T Coating - Coated optics were pioneered by Carl Zeiss and this superb lens features T (T-Star) coating that virtually eliminates the lens flare, internal reflection and light scattering that can otherwise occur at glass-to-air surfaces.
Multi-Element Design - The SAL-2470Z is designed with 17 lens elements in 13 groups, including 2 aspherical elements and 2 ED glass elements. Floating motion between the third and fourth groups of lens elements helps compensate for any aberrations caused by the zooming action of the lens.
Glass-Molded Aspherical Lens Elements - These precision lens elements correct distortion for sharper, more visually accurate images across the entire zoom range of the lens.
- ED (Extra-low Dispersion) Glass - Because light of different wavelength (or color) bends at different angles when it passes through a lens, ED (Extra-low Dispersion) Glass is used in Carl Zeiss lenses to eliminate chromatic aberration by correcting certain wavelengths of light for sharp, clear images with well defined colors.
- Lens Type: Standard Zoom
- Aperture (Max.): f/2.8
- Aperture (Min.): f/22 - 29
- Filter Diameter: 77mm
- Lens Groups-Elements: 17 elements, 13 groups
- Minimum Focus Distance: 1' 1.8" (.34m)
- Aspheric Elements: 2 aspheric
- Distance Encoder: Yes
- Distance Scale: Yes
- Focal Length (35mm equivalent): APS: 24 - 70mm (35mm Equivalent: 36 - 105mm)
- Magnification: x 0.25
Weights and Measurements
- Dimensions (Approx.): 3 1/4 x 4 3/8? (83 x 111mm)
- Weight (Approx.): 2 lb. 1 oz (995 g)
- Removable Flash Media Compatibility