SSM (Super Sonic wave Motor) - A built-in lens motor for faster automatic focusing with high torque at low speed, quick start/stop response, and quiet, smooth operation.
ED (Extra-low Dispersion) Glass - Three precision ED Glass lenses correct chromatic aberrations to provide extremely sharp telephoto images distant subjects as well as dramatic sports close-ups.
Internal Focusing System - Internal lens elements move, so the overall length does not change creating an auto-focus zoom lens that doesn?t affect the balance of your camera.
2 DMF (Direct Manual Focus) Modes - Allow you to quickly revert to manual focus by just turning the manual focus ring of the lens.
Versatile Focus Hold - Four focus hold buttons in different lens locations, plus electronic slider focus range selector switch.
Lightweight Design - A strong, light magnesium lens barrel makes shooting more comfortable even on long wildlife or sports assignments.
- Lens Type: Telephoto & Telephoto Zoom
- Aperture (Max.): f/2.8
- Aperture (Min.): f/32
- Filter Diameter: 42mm (internal)
- Lens Groups-Elements: 12 groups, 13 elements
- Minimum Focus Distance: 6' 7" (2.0m)
- Aspheric Elements: no aspheric
- Distance Encoder: Yes
- Distance Scale: Yes
- Non-rotating Focusing Ring: Yes
- SSM Focusing: Built-in
- Tele-converter Compatibility - 1.4x: Yes
- Tele-converter Compatibility - 2.0x: Yes
- Aperture Blade: 9 aperture blades
- Focal Length (35mm equivalent): APS: 450mm (35mm Equivalent: 300mm)
- Focus-hold Button: Yes
- Magnification: x 0.18
Weights and Measurements
- Dimensions (Approx.): 5 13/16 x 9 3/8" (122 x 242.5mm)
- Weight (Approx.): 5lbs 1oz (2300g)