Universal IR Remote Control with Macro Functionality
Control the living room with the built-in Universal IR remote. Whether it's your TV, Blu-ray Disc player, stereo or cable box, you can control all of them right from your tablet. The Xperia Tablet's built-in Universal IR remote not only controls your Sony products, but other brands as well.2 Plus, program the remote to execute sequenced commands like, "Watch TV", or "Play Music".
Watch Now application
Introducing a new way to see what's on TV now. Watch Now provides an interactive, visual program guide, fueled by personal preferences and real-time trends from your social media feeds. Learn more about your favorite shows, or discover new shows that everyone's talking about. Watch Now can even change the channel for you through the IR remote.
Allow personalized configurations for different users by displaying different wallpaper, applications and widgets. As the device "owner", you can manage which applications and widgets are accessible by other users.
Xperia Tablet's splash proof5 design helps provide assurance that your tablet is protected from the elements.
Sony Entertainment Network
Access your favorite music and new release movies, or find countless other ways to entertain yourself with Sony Entertainment Network.
Up to $45 in movies from Google Play
Start your digital movie collection today with up to $45 in feature films on Google Play. Use the redemption codes inside to add 3 movies to your Google Play movie library. You can watch your movies unlimited times on your tablet and anywhere else you can access Google Play on the web. Select your 3 choices from the 15 available movies.
Xperia Tablet enables multi-tasking between two applications by using one app in a small screen (Small App) while you continue to use the main app you're in. Small Apps include calculator, Web browser, voice recorder, timer and IR remote.
Optimally Designed Hardware for Entertainment
Sony's TruBlack panel provides more vibrant colors, deeper blacks, and minimum screen reflections. Sony's original digital sound processing technologies - Clear Phase, xLOUD and S-Force Surround, dramatically enhance sound quality for any application.
Swift and Smooth Performance
Xperia Tablet is equipped with a powerful NVIDIA Tegra 3 quad-core processor for exceptional performance. Plus, Sony's latest software technology brings you fast web browsing, responsive touch panel, and exceptionally intuitive user interface.
Xperia Tablet has a host of optional accessories available including case with keyboard, HDMI adapter, charging cradle, assorted color cases and more.
Cross Device Connectivity
Share, view and transfer personal video, photos and music to your DLNA-compatible PC, TV or speakers.4 Also, use the Multi Port on the tablet for connecting to other devices through HDMI and USB (adapters sold separately), as well as for charging.
- Runs Android 4.0 Operating System
- Universal remote: turn on multiple devices with one touch
- Personalize apps & widgets on device for different users
- Splash proof for added protection from the elements
- Watch Now app: A visual TV guide fueled by social media
- Sony Entertainment Network - music, movies and games
- Up to $45 in free movies from Google Play
- Use small apps to multi-task between applications
- Virtual surround sound technology
- Optional cover with keyboard and HDMI adapter available
- Front - 1 Megapixels
- Rear - 8 Megapixels
- Remote Control Functions: IR remote control function with macro functionality
- Display Technology: TFT Color LCD
- Resolution: 1280 x 800
- Screen Size: 9.4" (23.8 cm)
Inputs and Outputs
- Expansion Slot: SD memory card slot
- Headphone Output: 1
- Multi Port: 1
- Internal Memory (RAM): 1 GB
Battery Life (Approx):
- Playing video - 12 hours
- Browsing web with Wi-Fi - 10 hours
- Lithium ion (internal)
- NVIDIA Tegra 3 Mobile Processor | with 4-PLUS -1 Quad Core ARM Cortex-A9 CPU 1.4 GHz (Maximum 1.4 GHz (1 Core Operation), Maximum 1.3GHz (Multi-Core Operation))
- Operating System: Android 4.0
- Total Storage Capacity: 32 GB
Weights & Dimensions
- Dimensions (Approx.): 9.45" (Width) x 0.35"~0.47" (Height) x 6.87" (Depth)
- Weights (Approx.): 1.26 lbs
- Bluetooth Technology: Bluetooth Standard Version 3.0
- Wi-Fi: IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n