The Tokina AT-X 107 DX, For Canon is a fish-eye lens that gives the digital photographer an approximate 180 Deg field of view with dramatic curvature of field or "fish-eye" effect. With this lens an entire view or vista can be captured, wider than the human eye can see. The AT-X 107 opens an entirely new dimension of photography. Unlike other fish-lenses, the AT-X 107 DX gives a full corner-to-corner image.
The front element of the AT-X 107 DX has a newly formulated WP or AgWater ProofAh optical coating on the glass. This new coating makes marks such as spots left by water or finger-prints much easier to clean than standard multi-coating.
The rear optical group of the lens contains 1 SD (Super-Low Dispersion) glass element to reduce the number of elements (pieces of glass) in the optical design in order to make the lens more compact, light-weight and faster focusing.
Note: This lens is designed to work with cameras that have an APS-C sized sensor only.
- Mount availability: Canon EOS, Nikon-D
- Focal length: 10 to 17mm
- Maximum aperture: f/3.5-4.5
- Minimum aperture: f/22
- Optical construction: 10 elements in 8 groups
- SD glass: One elements
- Coatings: Multi-layer
- Angle of view: 180 Deg to 100 Deg
- Minimum focus distance: 5.5 in. (14 cm)
- Reproduction ratio: 1:2.56
- Zooming system: Rotary type
- Number of diaphragm blades: 6
- Filter size: N/A
- Maximum outer diameter: 2.75 in. (70mm)
- Dimensions: 2.75 in. (70mm) X L 2.79 in. (71.1mm)
- Weight: 12.3 oz. (350g)