Time Capsule its more than just a wireless hard drive, Time Capsule is also a full-featured AirPort Extreme Base Station with 802.11n technology. Experience a high-speed wireless network and a breakthrough way to back up all the Mac computers on your network. All in one device.
Fits your Wi-Fi lifestyle.
Time Capsule is Wi-FI Certified for 802.11n draft 2.0, so you can rest assured that it works with other certified 802.11n draft 2.0 products. And it's compatible with Macs and PCs that use 802.11a, b, or g technologies, as well as wireless devices such as iPhone, iPod touch, and Apple TV.
Print command central.
The included USB port is great for sharing a printer throughout your wireless network. Time Capsule and the Bonjour networking technology let everyone in the house or office - Mac and PC users alike- take advantage of one centrally located printer. And if you want to share both a printer and an additional hard drive, you can. Just connect a USB hub to Time Capsule. Whatever the combination, Time Capsule divides and conquers.
Works with Mac and PC.
Time Capsule with Time Machine in Leopard is the ideal backup solution. But that doesn?t mean Tiger, Windows XP, and Windows Vista users can?t enjoy the benefits of Time Capsule, too. Because it mounts as a wireless hard drive, Tiger and Windows users simply access Time Capsule directly from the wireless network for exchanging and storing files quickly and easily.
|Storage ||1TB hard disk drive|
- Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA/WPA2)
- Wireless security (WEP) configurable for 40-bit and 128-bit encryption
- MAC address filtering
- NAT firewall
- Support for RADIUS authentication
- 802.1X, PEAP, LEAP, TTLS, TLS, FAST
- Time-based access control
- Line voltage: 100-240V AC
- Frequency: 50Hz to 60Hz, single phase
- Maximum continuous power: 30W
|FCC Part 15 Class B, Canada RSS-210, EN 300-328, EN 301-489, EN 301 893, ARIB STD-T66, RCR STD-T33, AS/NZS 4268: 2003, UL 60950, CSA-C22.2 No. 60950|
|Interfaces || |
- One Gigabit Ethernet WAN port for connecting a DSL or cable modem
- Three Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports for connecting computers or network devices
- USB port for connecting a USB printer or USB external hard drive
- 802.11n wireless
|Included software and accessories |
- AirPort Utility for Mac and Windows
- AirPort Disk Utility for Mac and Windows
- 802.11n Enabler for Mac
- Bonjour for Windows
- Power cord
- Printed and electronic documentation
|Environmental requirements |
- Operating temperature: 50 to 95 F (10 to 35 C)
- Storage temperature: -13 to 140 F ( -25 to 60 C)
- Relative humidity (operational): 20% to 80% (non-condensing)
- Relative humidity (storage): 10% to 90%
- Maximum operating altitude: 10,000 feet
- Draft 802.11n
- Time Capsule is Wi-Fi Certified for 802.11n draft 2.0 (Firmware version 7.3.1)
- Interoperable with Wi-Fi Certified 802.11a, 802.11b, and 802.11g and 802.11n draft 2.0 Mac computers, Windows-based PCs, and other Wi-Fi devices
- NAT, DHCP, PPPoE, VPN Passthrough (IPSec, PPTP, and L2TP), DNS Proxy, SNMP, IPv6 (6to4 and manual tunnels)
|Frequency bands ||2.4GHz or 5GHz|
|Radio output power ||20 dBm (nominal)|
- Channels 1-11, 36-48, and 149-165 approved for use in the United States and Canada
- Channels 1-13 and 36-64 approved for use in Japan
- Channels 1-13 and 36-140 approved for use in Europe
- Channels 1-13, 36-64, and 149-165 approved for use in Australia, Hong Kong, and New Zealand