Tiny Size, Featherweight
The Ninja Star is the world's smallest, lightest Apple ProRes recorder (130g/4.6oz). Small enough to fit in your pocket and light enough to hang from a quad-copter - the Ninja Star is the go-anywhere recorder.
No More 30 min Barrier!
Recording straight out from the sensor means no more 29.59 minute record limits on your internal recordings. Whether you're filming a soccer match or birds in the wild there is no need to worry about your recording stopping at 29.59 minutes.
Record from the Sensor, Assassinate MPEG
Take your consumer camera to a truly Pro recording device. Avoid the internal MPEG compression and go from sub 30Mbps MPEG to 220Mbps ready to edit 10-bit 422 Apple ProRes HQ.
Ultra Long Battery
The Ninja Star is an efficient little beast meaning it can keep on going for over 5 hours on one battery. Record for the whole shoot and play back all on the included battery.
- ProRes: The Ninja Star opens up Apple ProRes to the mass camera market, offering post production quality recording at an affordable price.
- 422 10-Bit: HD off the sensor in edit friendly 422 10-bit Apple ProRes. 422 for improved colour accuracy and 10-bit for the extended color depth demanded in post production.
- Audio Line In: Record audio direct from the camera on the 2 embedded digital channels or add an external mic via the audio line in for an extra 2 channels of analog audio.
- Start/Stop Trigger: Trigger record start/stop and record timecode direct from the camera over HDMI (select Canon, Sony and cameras with the Atomos protocol).
- Accessories: You get more than expected with Atomos. Included in the price is a handy carry case, battery, charger, car adapter, Cfast card reader and cheese plate.
- Timecode: Synchronize with the camera's timecode for independent external recording.
- HDMI + Loop: The micro HDMI input and output allows you to connect and record from any HDMI device or loop out to larger monitors for client review.
Review: Recorded footage can be played back and controlled for large screen client viewing.
- CFast: CFast cards are small, reliable and thanks to Atomos also affordable. An Atomos 128GB Cfast card delivers up to 80mins of Apple ProRes HQ recording.
- Mount: The small size, light weight and provided cheese plate allows for an endless number of ways to mount the Star to your rig.
- Without batteries and CFast: 130g / 4.6oz (without batteries and CFast)
- With batteries and CFast: 249g / 8.8oz (with batteries and CFast)
- Dimensions (W x H x D mm): 95 x 60 x 25mm, 3.7 x 2.4 x 1.0"
- Construction: Advanced Rubberised Paint, Fan-less for silent operation
- Operating power: 3.5W / 4.5W (Rec, Play)
- Compatible batteries: NP series, D-Tap and supporting accessories (Nikon EN-EL15, Canon EL6)
- Input voltage (battery): 6.2V to 16.8V
- Battery time (based on 7.4V): 2600mAh - up to 5hrs, 5200mAh - up to 9hrs, 7800mAh - up to 14hrs
- Continuous power Patent pending: via optional Power Station
- Power Station continuous power dual supply: Optional
Video input/loop out
- HDMI: 1 x HDMI Micro (1.4)
- Signal: Uncompressed 10/8bit 4:2:2 (camera dependent)
Video output (play out)
- HDMI: 1 x HDMI Micro (1.4)
- Signal: Uncompressed 10/8bit 4:2:2 (Playback file dependent)
Supported loop out formats
- HDMI to HDMI: 1280 x 720p 50, 1920 x 1080i 50/60, 1920 x 1080p 24/25/30
Supported formats (in/out):
- HD: 1080i60, 1080i59.94, 1080i50, 1080p30, 1080p25, 1080p24, 1080p23.98, 1080pSF23.98, 1080pSF24, 1080pSF25, 1080pSF30, 720p60, 720p59.94, 720p50, SD 480i, 576i
Realtime hardware encoding
- 1920x1080 8/10-bit 4:2:2 to: Apple ProRes - HQ, 422, LT
- Pulldown conversion: 50i from 25PSF greater than 25P (2:2 Pulldown), 60i from 30PSF greater than 30P (2:2 Pulldown), 60i from 24P greater than 24P (3:2 Pulldown), 60i from 23.98P greater than 23.98P (3:2 Pulldown)
Audio input (48kHz PCM audio)
- Analog Line: 2ch 48KHz (no gain control)
- HDMI: 2ch 48kHz
Audio output (48kHz PCM audio)
- HDMI: Auto HDMI Trigger, Supported Protocols - Canon, Sony, Atomos Open Standard
- Supported media (Approved List Only): Atomos CFast and Approved 3rd party CFast
- Master caddy dock: USB 2.0/3.0 CFast card reader
- Supported applications: FCPX/FCP7+ / Media Composer 5.0+ / Premiere 5.5+
EDIUS 6.0+ / Vegas Pro 10+ / Lightworks / Autodesk Smoke 2015+
- Accessories included: Main unit, Universal battery charger 110-240V, AC adapter and car charger, CFast card reader, 1 x Atomos 2600mAh battery, Rugged carry case, Cheese plate mounting adapter
- Optional extras: D-Tap adapter, Canon and Nikon adapter plates, Connect H2S converter, Connect S2H converter, CFast cards, Atomos specialty HDMI cables, Powerstation