The much-anticipated 10x42 L IS WP is the first waterproof binocular to incorporate Canon's exclusive Image Stabilizer technology for steady, shake-free viewing. The high quality L series optics, featuring 2 Ultra-low Dispersion (UD) lens elements (on each side), deliver excellent correction for chromatic aberration. With a large lens diameter and a 4.2mm exit pupil diameter, this binocular provides an exceptionally bright view, even in low-light conditions. The 10x42 L IS WP binocular offers both the desired brightness and excellent waterproof capabilities, making it ideal for a host of activities including marine use, stargazing and wildlife observation - just to name a few.
- Canon's first waterproof IS Binocular.
- High performance L Lens with 2 Ultra-low Dispersion (UD) elements on each side.
- Doublet Field Flattener Lenses for sharp, distortion-free images edge-to-edge.
- Bright field-of-view from a 4.2mm exit pupil diameter, the largest of any Canon IS Binocular.
- Wide angle rating from an apparent angle-of-view of 65?.
- One touch IS usage.
- Body components feature metallic coating to prevent fogging.
- Distinctive, easy grip design.
Type: Prism binoculars
Objective Lens Effective Diameter: 42mm
Filter Size: 52mm
Real Field of View: 6.5 degrees
Apparent Field of View: 65 degrees
Objective Lens Construction: 4 elements in 3 groups (including protective glass, UD Lens)
Eyepiece Lens Construction: 7 elements in 5 groups
Exit Pupil Diameter: 4.2mm
Eye Relief: 16mm
Prism Type: Porro II
Eye Width adjustment: 57-75mm
Focusing Method: Manual focusing by turning the focusing ring
Dioptric Correction: +/- 3.0 diopters
Closest Focusing Distance: 8.2 ft./2.5m
Image Stabilizer: Vari-Angle Prism
Correction angle: +/- 0.8 degrees
Tripod Socket: Provided
Power Source: AA-size batteries (x2)
Dimensions: 5.4 x 6.9 x 3.4 in./137 x 175.8 x 85.4mm
Weight: 2.3 lbs./1030g