Retaining the impressive optical performance and large aperture of the original EF 85mm f/1.2L USM, this new medium telephoto lens uses a Ring-type USM, high-speed CPU and optimized algorithms to achieve an autofocus speed approximately 1.8x faster than the original. The high-speed AF and circular aperture create a shallow depth-of-field that brings attention to the subject and blurs the background, which is ideal for portraits and weddings. The floating optical system, which includes an aspherical lens element, suppresses aberrations and ensures excellent imaging performance.
- Hood - ES-79 II (cylindrical clip-on hood; attachable in reverse)
- Focal Length & Maximum Aperture - 85mm 1:1.2
- Lens Construction - 8 elements in 7 groups
- Diagonal Angle of View - 28 degrees 30'
- Focus Adjustment - AF with full-time manual
- Closest Focusing Distance - 3.2 ft. / 0.95m
- Filter Size - 72mm
- Max. Diameter x Length, Weight - 3.6 in. x 3.3 in., 36.2 oz. / 91.5mm x 84mm, 1,025g (lens only)