The Rebel Has Gone DIGITAL - Photography Without Limits
Adding to the world's most popular line of autofocus SLR cameras, the new EOS Digital Rebel combines the quality, affordability and ease of use the Rebel is renowned for with the immediacy, vitality and economy that digital delivers. Sleek and stylish ? with a high-grade titanium gray metallic finish ? the Digital Rebel puts the power and flexibility of a single lens reflex camera into a compact, light weight, high performance, high resolution 6.3 megapixel package.
Digital Rebel Body Features:
High-performance digital SLR with 6.3 Megapixel CMOS Sensor and Digic Imaging Processor
High-speed, wide-area 7-point AF with superimposed focusing points
12 shooting modes, including 6 Programmed Image Control modes
Compact, lightweight body with ergonomic grip and control layout
Direct Print support with PictBridge-compatible printers plus Exif Print and DPOF 1.1
Compatible with over 50 EF lenses (including EF-S lens) and most EOS system accessories
- Type: Digital AF/AE SLR
- Recording Medium: Type I and II CF card
- Image Size: 22.7 x 15.1mm (0.89 x 0.59 in.)
- Compatible Lenses: Canon EF lenses including EF-S Lens. (Focal length
- conversion factor: Equivalent to approx. 1.6x indicated focal length compared to 35mm format.)
- Lens Mount: Canon EF mount
- Type: High-sensitivity, high-resolution, single-plate, color CMOS
- Pixels: Effective pixels: Approx. 6.3 megapixels
- Total pixels: Approx. 6.5 megapixels
- Aspect Ratio: 2:3 (Vertical:Horizontal)
- Color Filter System: RGB primary color filter
- Low-pass Filter: Located in front of the imaging element, non-removable
- Recording Format: Design rule for Camera File system (JPEG) and RAW. Exif 2.2 compliant.
- Image Format: JPEG and RAW
- File Size (on CF card): ); JPEG: (1) Large/Fine: Approx. 3.1 MB (3072 x 2048), (2) Large/ Normal: Approx.1.8 MB (3072 x 2048), (3) Middle/Fine: Approx. 1.8 MB (2048 x 1360), (4) Middle/Normal: Approx. 1.2 MB (2048 x1360), (5) Small/Fine: Approx. 1.4 MB (1536 x 1024), (6) Small/ Normal: Approx. 0.9 MB (1536 x 1024); RAW: (7) Middle/Fine: Approx. 7 MB (3072 x 2048)
- File Numbering: (1) Continuous numbering, (2) Auto reset
- Processing Parameters: Standard parameters plus up to three custom processing parameters can be set
- Interface: USB
- Shutter Speeds: 1/4000 to 30 sec. (1/3-stop increments), bulb, X-sync at 1/200 sec.
- Shutter Release: Soft-touch electromagnetic release
- Self-Timer: 10-sec. delay.
- Remote Control: Remote Control with RS-60E3 terminal or Wireless Remote Controller RC-1/ RC5
- Built-in Flash: Type: Auto pop-up, retractable, built-in flash
- Guide No: 13/43 (at ISO 100 in meters/feet)
- Flash Recycling time: Approx. 3 sec.
- Flash ready indicator: Flash-ready icon lights on in viewfinder
- Flash coverage: Up to 18mm focal length (equivalent to approx. 28mm in 35mm format)
- EOS-dedicated Speedlite: E-TTL auto flash with EX series Speedlite.
- PC Terminal provided.
- Battery: One Battery Pack BP-511/512 (lithium ion rechargeable battery)
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 5.6 x 3.9 x 2.9 in. / 142 x 99 x 72.4mm
- Weight: 19.7 oz. / 560g