For sophisticated wireless flash setups, there's nothing like the new Speedlite Transmitter ST-E3-RT. Facilitating radio controlled, two-way wireless transmission up to 98.4 feet, among up to five groups or fifteen individual Speedlites, the ST-E3-RT represents the next generation in wireless flash systems. With operational controls similar to the new Speedlite 600EX-RT, including diverse flash metering options, and a number of flash modes, the Speedlite Transmitter ST-E3-RT makes complex lighting setups simple. With a compact design and highly reliable construction, combined with a clearly laid-out information panel and buttons with back lighting and more, the Speedlite Transmitter ST-E3-RT is an indispensible tool for advanced, professional flash photography.
*Because it does not have an optical transmission function, the Speedlite Transmitter ST-E3-RT is not compatible with earlier Speedlite models such as 580EX II.
- Newly-designed wireless system uses 2-way radio wave communication for enhanced communication among master and slave units. Achieves a transmission distance of up to 98.4 ft./30 m, all at a 360 degree angle.
- Up to 5 groups, or 15 individual flashes can be controlled via 1 transmitter.
- Supports E-TTL II flash, manual flash, stroboscopic and auto external flash metering.
- Dot matrix LCD panel displays all pertinent information simultaneously and backlit control panel means easy operation.
- 8 types of custom functions, 3 types of personal functions.
- Improved hot shoe contacts for more reliable information transmission and operation; compact design is approx. 2.65 (w) x 2.42 (H) x 3.05 (D) in.
Type - Radio transmissions wireless Speedlite transmitter
Compatible Cameras - Type A EOS cameras (E-TTL II/E-TTL autoflash)
Sync Speed - High-Speed Sync provided (EOS-1D X and EOS 5D Mark III only)
Flash Exposure Confirmation - Flash exposure confirmation lamp lights in green
AF Assist Beam - N/A
Wireless Functions -
Transmission System - Radio Transmission
Transmission Range - Approx. 98.4 ft. (30m)
Flash Ratio Control - 1:8 - 1:1 - 8:1, power 1/2-stop increments
Flash Coverage - Transmission Angle: 360? all around
Slave Operation Confirmation - Green Light
Lit: Radio Transmissions Okay
Lit: Not Connected
Blinking: Transmission Error/ Too many units (Master units + slave units = more than 16 units)
Lit: Sub-master transmission
Blinking: Receiving remote release shooting, linked shooting signal
Slave Unit SE Mode Cancellation - The test flash button can be pressed to test if the slave units fire or cancel the auto power off status.
Power Source - AA/LRG Alkaline Batteries x2 (Ni-MH and Lithium batteries can also be used)
Battery Life: Approx. 10 hours continuously *When using AA/LR6 alkaline batteries used (At a room temperature +23?C/73?F).
SE Mode - Power off after 5 min. of idle operation
Dimensions - 2.65 (W) x 2.42 (H) x 3.05 (D) in. / 67.4 (W) x 61.5 (H) x 77.4 (D) mm
Weight - 3.9 oz. / 110g (excluding battery)