True video enthusiasts and advanced amateurs will find their inspirational match in the new VIXIA HF G20. Experience Pro-level Imaging
True video enthusiasts and advanced amateurs will find their inspirational match in the new VIXIA HF G20. Designed to rival pro-level camcorders in image quality, it's equipped with a Genuine Canon 10x HD Video Lens with 8-bladed iris for stunning quality video and soft, beautiful background blur. The camcorder's Canon HD CMOS Pro Image Sensor provides extraordinary flexibility with extended dynamic range, enhanced gradation, and significantly more light capture for 20% improved low-light performance*. You'll record up to 12 hours of crisp HD video to a 32GB internal flash drive or simultaneously to 2 memory card slots (SDHC and fast, high-capacity SDXC). For extra assurance Relay Recording automatically switches recording to the SD memory cards when the internal drive is full so you never miss a moment - the second card takes over automatically when the first becomes full. Dynamic SuperRange Optical Image Stabilization keeps your video smooth and blur-free, even at the long end of the zoom, and Intelligent IS ensures effortless stabilization no matter what the shooting situation. The VIXIA HF G20 can deliver simultaneous output to both the Electronic Viewfinder with pro-style large eye cap, and the bright 3.5-inch Touch Panel LCD. For easy, high-quality shooting, Smart AUTO automatically recognizes and selects proper settings for 38 different scenes, and the camcorder's rich array of manual functions and Professional Shooting Assist Functions bring a new level of control to your video. Your creativity is further supported with newly customizable Cinema-Look Filters to alter the mood and intensity of your video, and Touch Decoration options to add an element of fun and excitement.
- Genuine Canon 10x HD Video Lens (35mm equivalent: 30.4mm - 304mm) with 8-Blade Iris delivers exceptional image quality with smooth backgrounds for professional-looking results.
- Canon HD CMOS Pro Image Sensor is a professional-level 1/3-inch native 1920 x 1080 image sensor which delivers outstanding video resolution, improved low-light performance*, and a wide dynamic range. -- 20% improved low-light performance compared to the Canon HD CMOS Pro Image Sensor used in the Canon 2011 VIXIA HF G10 Camcorder.
- Record up to 12 hours of crisp high-definition video to a 32GB internal flash drive or directly to 2 memory card slots (SDHC/SDXC compatible); Relay Recording automatically switches video recording to the memory card when the internal drive becomes full.
- Dynamic SuperRange Optical Image Stabilization corrects a full range of motion and Intelligent IS automatically chooses from four different modes to optimize image stabilization for the shooting condition.
- 3.5-inch Touch Panel LCD offers fast and easy control right at your fingertips plus an Electronic Viewfinder.
- Smart AUTO makes shooting great videos easy by intelligently selecting the best settings from 38 predefined situations, including Auto Tele Macro that provides spectacular close-ups and the dramatic look of a video shot with shallow depth-of-field.
- Professional Shooting Assist Functions, normally only available to professional videographers, allow you to obtain an exceptional level of control.
- Cinema-Look Filter offers nine different built-in filters to create video with a variety of professional cinematic looks and Touch Decoration allows you to superimpose and record a variety of fun and exciting images for a creative flair.
- Audio Scene Select enables easy operation and setup for outstanding audio that complements the pristine image quality.
Pro-style Lens Hood and Eye Cup - The VIXIA HF G20 camcorder comes standard with a large lens hood that shuts out unwanted flare from external light sources, and incorporates a lens barrier that eliminates the need for a lens cap. The hood can be attached even when using a Canon filter. The large, comfortable eye cup is the same as that used on Canon's XA 10 professional model, and is designed to improve visibility by blocking out extra light.
100% View Ratio - The VIXIA HF G20 is designed with a 100% view ratio - excellent visibility that ensures you'll get exactly the shot you want.
Versatile Display Features - Videographers with exacting needs will appreciate the VIXIA HF G20's range of functions designed to assist in pinpoint focus adjustment and exposure control. Color peaking, zebra pattern, waveform/edge monitor, SMPTE color bars and an audio test tone are all available.
Pre-Rec - The Pre-Record feature places your VIXIA HF G20 camcorder in a stand-by "pre-roll" mode. With this feature the camcorder continuously records three seconds of video to memory before you even press the record button. When you start recording, the additional video is recorded too. It will be easier than ever to capture the moment when the bat hits the ball at the start of that home run.
Quick Start - The Quick Start function on the VIXIA HF G20 gets you up and shooting whenever a great scene happens. Simply open the LCD panel and the camcorder powers on.
Native 24p Progressive Mode - The VIXIA HF G20 features the Native 24p Progressive Mode, generally found only on Canon's professional camcorders. The mode allows 24 frames per second to be captured and recorded (instead of the standard 60i) - a must for serious filmmaking work.
Story Creator - Story Creator assists you in the process of creating an organized and sophisticated video. Choose one of five different themes - Travel, Kids & Pets, Party, Ceremony, and Blog - and the camcorder provides a list of suggested scenes to shoot. After capturing your video, Story Creator helps you categorize and rate your scenes, making it easy to review, select and play back your favorites.
Video SnapShot - Video Snapshot allows you to capture the highlights of a once-in-a-lifetime trip or a family milestone with the same ease as taking photos. Simply record a series of short video clips - or select your favorite clips while in Playback Mode - and blend in your favorite background music to create an exciting movie that will grab everyone's attention. Video Snapshot on the VIXIA HF G20 allows selectable recording time (2, 4, or 8 seconds). Additionally, audio from an external source such as an MP3 player can be played along with the Snapshot movie, and playback can be controlled from that source.
Instant AF - A critical objective when shooting in high definition is achieving the sharpest focus possible. The VIXIA HF G20 camcorder features Canon's Instant AF focusing system, which offers a dramatic improvement in autofocus speed and accuracy, compared to traditional autofocus systems. The Instant AF feature uses an external sensor, in combination with Canon's autofocus system, to help significantly decrease the time it takes to find focus, even in low-light conditions. This system achieves focus instantaneously, reducing focus "hunting." This is especially beneficial in high brightness or night shooting situations. In addition, with Instant AF it's possible to capture fast, accurate focusing even when following a moving subject.
For those situations in which the super quick action of Instant AF might not be desirable, you also have the option of Medium AF, which is softer and smoother than Instant AF, but faster than would be possible with manual focusing.
Accessories Get the Most from Your Camcorder - Canon helps you get more out of your camcorder with a wide range of accessories that inspire your creativity and productivity alike. Canon's optional WM-V1 Wireless Microphone allows you to record high-quality audio without wires from up to 164 feet away (50m), making it ideal for ceremonies and recitals. For the ultimate home theater experience, the optional 5.1-channel Surround Sound Microphone SM-V1 captures audio quality that matches the stunning realism of your HD video. Five distinct pickup sensors capture sound from all directions, making your home movies look and sound more lifelike than ever before. The optional Canon WD-H58W Wide Converter is optically matched for the VIXIA HF G20's HD lens. It provides a magnification factor of 0.8x, increasing wide-angle capability to approximately 24mm (35mm equivalent).