With Celestron's revolutionary new alignment technology, setting up and using a computerized telescope is faster and easier than ever before!
Point the telescope at three bright objects in the sky and the telescope tell's YOU what the objects are. You do not need to know the names of the stars - youcan even pick the moon or bright planets! SkyAlign is the easiest method to align a computerized telescope, it's perfect for beginners and provides the convenience and accuracy demanded by experienced users. SkyAlign is the only alignment method where you truly do not have to know the night sky - and it's only available from Celestron.
- Now with Celestron's Revolutionary SkyAlign technology - Using Celestron's patented SkyAlign, simply input the date, time and location into the hand control then slew the telescope to any three bright celestial objects in the sky. You do not need to know the names of the stars you could even pick the moon or bright planets!
- NEW! Flash Upgradeable Hand Control - conveniently upgrade your 8i SE operating software via the Internet
- Special Anodized Orange Optical Tube with Signature Special Edition Logo In the tradition of Celestron's famous orange optical tubes, the new Special Edition 8i combines the classic heritage of the original orange tube telescopes with the latest state-of-the-art features
- Low Price - One of the lowest priced 8" Schmidt-Cassegrain computerized telescopes on the market!
- Portable - At only 24 lb. it's easy to move from location to location!
- Patented Single Fork Arm Design - Celestron's unique patented single fork arm with integral hand control design provides a rigid and smooth operating structure for the 8i's optical tube
- XLT High Performance Optical System
- 2-Year Limited Warranty
Optical tube: 203mm (8") Diameter Schmidt-Cassegrain
Focal Length / F#: 2032mm F/10
Finderscope: Star Pointer
Mount: Fork Arm
Motor Drive: Integrated D.C. Electronics
Eyepiece: Multicoated 25mm Plossl Eyepiece (81x)
Star Diagonal: 1 1/4"
Highest Useful Magnification: 480x
Lowest Useful Magnification: 29x
Limiting Stellar Magnitude: 14
Resolution: Rayleigh .68 arc seconds
Dawes Limit: .57 arc seconds
Photographic Resolution: 200 lines/mm
Light Gathering Power: 843x unaided eye
Field of View: standard eyepiece 1.0?
Linear FOV (@1000 yds): 52.5 ft
Optical Coatings: XLT High Performance
Secondary Mirror Obstruction: 2.7" (11% by area)
Optical Tube Length: 21 inches
Telescope Weight: 34.5 lbs