- EF 50mm f/1.8 STM Prime Lens
- 49mm Multicoated Protective UV Filter
- Lens Cap Keeper
- Micro Fiber Cloth
Compact and lightweight-an outstanding walk-around lens-Canon's EF 50mm f/1.8 STM is a great entry into the world of EOS prime lenses. With an 80mm effective focal-length on APS-C cameras, 50mm on full-frame cameras, it's an excellent prime lens for portraits, action, even nighttime photography. Its bright maximum aperture of f/1.8 helps it not only to excel in low light, but also to capture gorgeous, sharp images and movies with beautiful background blur thanks to its circular 7-blade design. An updated lens arrangement with new lens coatings helps render images with excellent color balance, plus minimized ghosting and flare. Performance is brilliant, with a stepping motor (gear-type STM) to deliver near silent, continuous Movie Servo AF for movies plus speedy, smooth AF for stills. A redesigned exterior with improved focus ring placement makes manual focus adjustments a breeze. Canon's most compact 50mm lens, the EF 50mm f/1.8 STM has a rugged metal mount, plus an improved minimum focusing distance of 1.15 ft. (0.35m) and a maximum magnification of 0.21x. Offering sharp performance for the best in movies and stills, it's a fixed focal length gem-the perfect lens for photographers and moviemakers to expand the creative possibilities with their EOS cameras.
- Compact, lightweight fixed focal length lens ideal for everyday photos, and with a large f/1.8 aperture, a perfect lens for low-light photography and creative background blur.
- 80mm effective focal-length when attached to an APS-C camera, optimal for portraits and photos of fast moving subjects such as children and pets.
- A stepping motor (Gear-type STM) supports the Movie Servo AF function in providing smooth and quiet continuous AF during video recording, as well as when shooting photos.
- Improved exterior design includes new focus ring placement making it the most compact Canon 50mm lens.
- Metal mount helps provide stability and ruggedness.
- Optimized lens placement and coatings help deliver outstanding color balance, while minimizing ghosting and flare.
- Circular aperture (7 blades) helps deliver beautiful, soft backgrounds.
- Minimum focusing distance of 14in (0.35m); maximum magnification of 0.21x.
- Focal Length & Maximum Aperture: 50mm f/1.8
- Lens Construction: 6 elements in 5 groups
- Diagonal Angle of View: 46 Degrees
- Focus Adjustment: AF with full-time manual
- Closest Focusing Distance: 1.15 ft./0.35m
- Filter Size: 49mm
- Max. Diameter x Length, Weight: 2.7 x 1.5 in., 5.6 oz. / 69.2 x 39.3mm, 159g
In the box:
- EF 50mm f/1.8 STM Prime Lens
- Lens Cap E-49
- Lens Dust Cap E
- Instruction Manuals
- Warranty card
This Kit Includes:
EF 50mm f/1.8 STM Prime Lens
Compact, lightweight fixed focal length lens ideal for everyday photos
Perfect lens for low-light photography and creative background blur
A stepping motor (Gear-type STM) provides smooth and quiet continuous AF during video & photos
Our Price: $125.00
1 Piece Micro Fiber Cloth
XT1FC comes complete with 1 high quality micro fiber cloths to clean and protect your precious equipment. Perfect to clean LCD screens, lenses and all high-tech optics.
Our Price: $7.99
49mm Multicoated Protective UV Filter
49mm UV filter - Protects your lens from all dust, dirt, scratches and fingerprints. This basic clear glass filter is a must for every lens.
You never take it off the lens. If you scratch or break the filter, you can easily replace it, save the lens!
Our Price: $4.39
Lens Cap Keeper
The perfect way to keep track of your lens caps. A small button tapes onto the front of your lens cap and the elastic loop goes around the barrell of your lens so that your lens cap always remains attached, hanging from the lens.
Our Price: $3.99