Spectacular Imaging that's Stylish
Some events are just too important to trust to the image quality of a smartphone camera. For those times, slip the ultra-slim, brilliantly stylish PowerShot ELPH 150 IS camera in your pocket. With the 10x Optical Zoom, you can reach right into the action to frame a shot just the way you want it, without blur or loss of resolution. The camera's 20.0 Megapixel sensor captures even the smallest details with superb clarity, naturally vivid color and beautiful luminosity. When you enlarge and print frame-worthy moments from weddings, important celebrations, vacations and more, the result is truly impressive: images that not only preserve your memories, but render them with all the lifelike, emotive nuance of great photography. For all its sophisticated imaging capabilities, the PowerShot ELPH 150 IS camera is extremely easy to use. Smart AUTO ensures you'll always get the best shot by automatically selecting the perfect camera settings for 32 shooting situations, so you can focus on capturing the moment. And Intelligent IS keeps photos and videos clear and steady, controlling camera shake even at the long end of the zoom.
10x Optical Zoom
The PowerShot ELPH 150 IS features a 10x Optical Zoom so spectacular shots are within your reach. You'll love the flexibility it gives you when shooting with an amazing range of 24?240mm (35mm equivalent) in a slim, stylish compact camera. Plus, the Wide-Angle lens captures expansive image in every shot, adding depth, perspective and grandeur. Landscapes, city scenes, family shots and more benefit from the extra width. Whether you're shooting wide group shots or zooming to the telephoto end, your images are assured to be bright and clear.
20.0 Megapixel sensor
Preserve all those special moments from weddings to vacations in stunning quality with the PowerShot ELPH 150 IS. The camera is equipped with a newly developed 20.0 Megapixel sensor to ensure that images are incredibly clear and beautifully detailed. The high level of resolution gives you the flexibility to be more creative with your shots: crop and enlarge any part of an image ? you can be confident that the detail and resolution you need are there, even when you want to print and frame your photos.
DIGIC 4+ Image Processor
The PowerShot ELPH 150 IS camera's DIGIC 4+ Image Processor features accelerated processing speed to create fast, responsive performance, giving you a shooting experience that's easy and natural. The DIGIC 4+ Image Processor also enhances image quality in several ways. Processing of high ISO shots has been shortened by 60% compared to the DIGIC 4 Image Processor. This significantly reduces noise for brilliant color, smooth gradations, and beautiful detail even in low light. The processor also allows for the integration of electronic Dynamic IS. This advanced system compensates for multiple motion types, effectively preventing angular blur, shift blur, and blur caused by parallel movement and tilt shift. The result is images that are reliably sharp and clear at all lengths of the camera's powerful 10x zoom. The processor's highly efficient design also extends battery life.
720p HD video
Using the slim PowerShot ELPH 150 IS, you can shoot high definition video anytime, anywhere. With a simple push of the dedicated movie button, you'll be able to instantly record every moment in motion. 720p HD video is smooth, vivid, and beautifully lifelike, making it an ideal way to capture special memories.
Getting that great shot is as simple as pressing the shutter button on the PowerShot ELPH 150 IS camera with Smart AUTO, which automatically detects scenes by assessing various factors in both the background and the subject. On the PowerShot ELPH 150 IS, detected scenes are analyzed using 32 predefined shooting situations. The camera then makes optimal settings to ensure the best possible image capture, whether you're shooting stills or video. Smart AUTO also includes Advanced Subject Detection, which allows the camera to detect and track non-human moving subjects like animals and vehicles. With Smart AUTO, all you have to do is frame your shot and capture away.
- Smart AUTO The camera automatically selects the best shooting settings for optimal quality based on subjects and environmental factors to provide point-and-shoot simplicity.
- Program The camera automatically and intelligently selects the aperture/shutter speed combination based on the shooting conditions.
- Live View Control Enables Brightness, Color, and Tone adjustments to your images using easy-to-understand controls.
- Portrait Brings the subject into focus while beautifully blurring the background.
- Face Self-timer The camera waits for a face to enter the frame before releasing the shutter.
- Low Light For high quality image capture in an amazing range of dimly lit situations.
- Fisheye Effect Now you can get the fisheye effect - a classic photographic distortion - without a fisheye lens.
- Miniature Effect Give images a miniature look with an effect that emphasizes perspective by blurring the top and bottom of the image.
- Toy Camera Effect Simulates photos taken with "toy" or pinhole cameras, darkening the image at the edges to create a vignette effect.
- Monochrome Choose from three single-tone effects: Black-and-White, Sepia, or Blue.
- Super Vivid Super Vivid intensifies existing hues, saturating the scene with bright colors.
- Poster Effect Poster Effect combines several similar shades into one color, turning subtle gradations into eye-catching, scene-popping contrasts.
- Snow Shoot clear snow scenes without darkened subjects or an unnatural bluish tint.
- Fireworks Create brilliant images of skyrocketing fireworks.
- Long Shutter Use to blur moving subjects for artistic effect, ideal for urban night photography.
- Movie Record video; unwanted scenes can be deleted in playback mode.
It's easy to capture clear, steady images with the PowerShot ELPH 150 IS, even in low light without using a tripod. That's because the camera is equipped with Canon's innovative Intelligent IS. The system automatically analyzes camera movement and applies the best shake correction method for the shooting situation - allowing you to focus on framing and capturing your shot. For stills, the system selects from Normal IS, Panning IS, Macro (Hybrid) IS and Tripod modes. When shooting video, the system selects from Dynamic IS, Powered IS, Macro (Hybrid) IS and active Tripod IS modes. New icons clearly mark the image stabilization mode, whether you're shooting still images or video.
Creative Shooting Modes
The PowerShot ELPH 150 IS provides shooting modes that easily give your shots a distinctly artistic feel without the need for any extra lenses and filters. Super Vivid heightens and saturates colors for eye-popping intensity. Poster Effect eliminates gradations between colors for an illustrative feel. Miniature Effect enhances perspective in a scene, blurring the top and bottom to make it look as if it were created with miniature models. You can also make a quirky portrait using the Fisheye Effect or add a beautiful single-tone effect with Monochrome. Toy Camera Effect simulates a vintage look as if capturing the photo using a "toy" or pinhole camera.
The PowerShot ELPH 150 IS features ECO Mode to provide more shots per single charge through LCD monitor and camera power management. The mode can be activated via a dedicated button for easy power preservation when an outlet is unavailable or the moment is too exciting to put the camera down. ECO Mode quickly wakes the camera from sleep when a button is pressed so you won't miss the moment. When the fun with family and friends runs late into the evening, ECO Mode makes sure your camera keeps up.
The PowerShot ELPH 150 IS camera is designed to be fun and easy to use, even for beginners. A Help Button on the camera's exterior brings up the help menu any time you need it, right on the LCD screen. From here, you can scroll through a variety of topics that answer your questions with clear explanations, offer helpful shooting advice, and show you diagrams highlighting the position of any buttons you'll need.