GPS Running Watch with Wrist-based Heart Rate
- Colorful graphic interface shows your zone and beats per minute at a glance
- Tracks distance, pace and heart rate; activity tracking counts steps and calories all day
- Built-in accelerometer records distance indoors
- Connected features: automatic uploads to Garmin Connect, live tracking, social media sharing
- Compatible with advanced workouts and free training plans from Garmin Connect
Know your zone with Forerunner 225 - the first Garmin GPS running watch with wrist-based heart rate. Now you have the option to run without a heart rate strap because this watch has a built-in sensor using Mio Heart Rate Technology that measures heart rate at the wrist.
Training with Heart Rate is a Shade Easier
We didn't just get rid of the heart strap on the 225 - we also refined how this watch sums up your effort. A colorful gauge identifies your heart rate zone and beats per minute in real time: when it's gray, you're in your warm-up zone, which starts at 50 percent of your max heart rate; blue is your easy zone (starts at 60 percent of max); green is aerobic (starts at 70 percent of max); orange is threshold (starts at 80 percent of max); and red is your maximum zone, which starts at 90 percent of the maximum rate your heart can beat. If your training plan calls for running a set time or distance within a certain zone, you'll appreciate this colorful interface that helps you see your zone at a glance so you can simply focus on your effort.
Out of the box, Forerunner 225 sets your zones based on your age-adjusted max heart rate estimate of 220 minus your age. You can adjust these zones either on the watch or at Garmin Connect, allowing you to customize your watch as needed. At Garmin Connect, our free online community, you can also create advanced workouts or download free training plans, send to your watch and get coach-like guidance.
It's All in the Wrist
Forerunner 225 uses an optical sensor (using Mio Heart Rate Technology) that shines light into your skin and then measures the amount of light returned. Because there are slight changes as blood pumps through your wrist, the sensor detects those changes and uses a sophisticated filtering process to determine your heart rate. A light seal on the back of the watch blocks out ambient light to help ensure proper heart rate detection.
Beyond the Running Trail
In addition to using GPS to calculate distance and pace, the 225 has a built-in accelerometer. This allows it to capture distance and pace data when you're running on an indoor track or treadmill, with no need for a separate foot pod accessory. It even doubles as an activity tracker, counting the steps and calories you burn all day. Plus, it will remind you to move if you?ve been sitting for more than an hour. When you get that cue to move, just walk for a couple of minutes to reset the inactivity indicator.
Forerunner 225 offers connected features like automatic uploads to Garmin Connect, our free online community where you can save, plan and share your activities. Just download the free Garmin Connect Mobile app to your smartphone and then pair your watch. When you save your completed run, it will automatically upload when you?re in range of your phone. Additional connected features include live tracking, which allows your friends and fans to follow along and see your stats in real-time. You can also share your activities on your social media sites by posting updates through the Garmin Connect Mobile app.
Physical & Performance
- Physical Dimensions: 11.3" x 1.9" x 0.6" (287 mm x 48 mm x 16 mm)
- Display Size, WxH: 1.0" (25.4 mm) diameter
- Display Resolution, WxH: 180 x 180 pixels
- Color Display: Yes
- Weight: 1.9 oz. (54 g)
- Battery: Rechargeable lithium-ion
- Battery Life: Up to 4 weeks in watch mode; up to 10 hours in GPS mode with optional HRM
- Water Rating: 5 ATM
- GPS-Enabled: Yes
- High-Sensitivity Receiver: Yes
- Vibration Alert: Yes
- Watch Functions: Includes date and alarm
Maps & Memory
- History: 200 hours of activity data
- Accelerometer (calculates distance for indoor workouts, without need for a foot pod): Yes
- Personal Records: Yes
Running & Cycling Features
- Heart Rate Monitor: Yes
- Foot Pod: Yes (optional)
- Auto Pause (pauses and resumes timer based on speed): Yes
- Auto Lap (automatically starts a new lap): Yes
- Auto Scroll (cycles through data pages during workout): Yes
- Advanced Workouts (create custom, goal-oriented workouts): Yes
- Pace Alert (triggers alarm if you vary from preset pace): Yes
- Interval Training (set up exercise and rest intervals): Yes
- Heart Rate-Based Calorie Computation: Yes
- Calculates Calories Burned: Yes
- Customizable Screen(s): Yes
- Shock Resistant: Yes
Activity Tracking Features
- Step Counter: Yes
- Auto Goal (learns your activity level and assigns a daily step goal): Yes
- Move Bar (displays on device after a period of inactivity; walk for a couple of minutes to reset it): Yes
- Sleep Monitoring (monitors total sleep and periods of movement or restful sleep): Yes
- Garmin Connect Compatible (online community where you analyze, categorize and share data): Yes
- Automatic Sync (automatically transfers data to your computer): Yes
- Wrist-Based Heart Rate: yes
- Activity Tracking: yes
This Kit Includes:
Forerunner 225 GPS Running Watch with Wrist-based Heart Rate - Black/Red
The Forerunner 225 GPS is the first Garmin running watch with wrist-based heart rate. Now run without a heart rate strap because this watch has a built-in sensor using Mio Heart Rate Technology that measures heart rate at the wrist.
Our Price: $229.00
Bicycle Mount Kit
Attach your compatible device to your bike to collect workout data while cycling. Great for multisport workouts, your device quickly attaches to the mount for a clean transition from running to biking.
Our Price: $14.99