- Canon Powershot SX400 IS 16MP 30x Optical Zoom 720p HD Digital Camera - Black
- Compact Deluxe Gadget Bag for Cameras/Camcorders
- 8GB Secure Digital SD Memory Card
- Flexible Mini Table-top Tripod
- Hi-Speed SD USB 2.0 Card Reader
- 3pc. Lens Cleaning Kit
30x Optical Zoom and 24mm Wide-Angle Lens
Once you start shooting with PowerShot SX400 IS, you'll quickly wonder how you ever did without the versatility of its powerful zoom lens. The 30x Optical Zoom lens has a reach all the way from 24mm to 720mm, so if you're capturing a child on stage from the back of the auditorium, you'll see his/her every expression. The Wide-Angle lens just as easily delivers superb landscapes and large group portraits. Canon's decades of leadership in optical technology give every shot the brilliance and clarity it deserves. The Optical Image Stabilizer helps ensure you get clear, noise-free images, even at the long end of the zoom.
16.0 Megapixel* Image Sensor
The PowerShot SX400 IS camera's 16.0 Megapixel* CCD sensor delivers impressive photos with fine detail and brilliant color. The high resolution ensures superb image quality even when cropping or making very large prints.
* Image processing may cause a decrease in the number of pixels.
DIGIC 4+ Image Processor
The Canon DIGIC 4+ Image Processor powers the PowerShot SX400 IS camera's advanced functions and capabilities. Its accelerated processing speed creates fast, responsive performance, for a shooting experience that's easy and natural. The DIGIC 4+ Image Processor also enhances image quality: processing of high ISO shots has been shortened by approximately 60% compared to the DIGIC 4 Image Processor. This significantly reduces noise for brilliant color, smooth gradations, and beautiful detail even in low light. The processor's highly efficient design also extends battery life.
Canon HD Video Advantage
The PowerShot SX400 IS camera lets you record highly detailed 720p HD video at 25 frames per second with clear sound. Imagine the fun and excitement of being able to shoot high definition video whenever you want, right from your compact digital camera.
Dedicated movie button, Wind Filter feature and Optical Zoom while shooting
It's never been easier to shoot videos with a PowerShot digital camera. The PowerShot SX400 IS camera has a dedicated movie button that lets you start and stop recording instantly. The camera is always ready to shoot stills or video whenever you want. The camera also incorporates an electronic wind filter, which suppresses wind noise that can muffle or distort the sound. The PowerShot SX400 IS lets you use the full range of optical zoom when you're shooting a video without sacrificing HD video resolution.
The latest advance in Canon Optical Image Stabilization technology, Intelligent IS, analyzes camera movement and applies the best shake correction method for the shooting situation. For stills, the system automatically selects among Normal, Panning, Macro (Hybrid) and Tripod IS modes. When shooting video, the system automatically selects among Dynamic, Powered, Macro and Active Tripod IS modes. With Intelligent IS, you can concentrate on image capture, letting the camera make the most effective IS settings to help capture the steadiest possible image.
- Normal IS: Corrects for a wide range of camera movement when shooting stills.
- Panning IS: Panning motion is detected so that IS does not interfere with desired camera movement.
- Macro (Hybrid) IS: Corrects for shift-type camera shake, which typically occurs in macro (close-up) shooting.
- Tripod: When tripod use is detected, the Image Stabilizer is stopped because it is not needed.
- Dynamic IS: Effective for video shooting at wide-angle focal lengths, eliminating the unwanted shaking that typically occurs while walking.
- Powered IS: Compensates for hand movement when shooting video at the telephoto end of the zoom range, where camera shake is magnified.
- Macro (Hybrid) IS: Corrects for motion blur that is likely to occur when shooting video while walking. Also compensates for the shift-type camera shake common in macro shooting.
- Active Tripod IS: When shooting video while using a tripod, the image stabilization is active to compensate for slight camera shake.
High Speed AF
The PowerShot SX400 IS camera is equipped with Canon's latest advancements in autofocus (AF) technology. Working on multiple fronts, Canon has developed AF that is significantly faster than on previous models, for a shooting experience that's spontaneous and natural. The extremely responsive High Speed AF lets you capture great shots as they happen, with reduced lag time.
Several engineering breakthroughs contributed to this major enhancement to speed. In addition to improved AF algorithms, the camera can process multiple sequences simultaneously, and takes advantage of reworked controls between AF and the start of shooting.
Smart AUTO is a sophisticated Canon technology that makes getting that great shot as simple as pressing the shutter button. It automatically detects scenes by assessing various factors in both the background and the subject. Detected scenes are analyzed using predefined shooting situations. The camera then makes optimal settings to ensure the best possible image capture, whether you're shooting stills or video. With Smart AUTO, all you have to do is frame your shot and capture away.
Secure Enhanced Grip
Canon developed an innovative new grip for the PowerShot SX400 IS, optimized specifically for the camera's powerful zooming capability. The invitingly curved grip fits effortlessly into your hand. Without any strain, your fingers comfortably and naturally reach the shutter, minimizing the potential for shake at long zoom lengths.
PowerShot cameras offer shooting modes that make it easy to take impressive photos in a wide range of shooting situations by providing intelligent presets with optimized settings.
- Program: Access advanced exposure compensation features while shooting mostly automatically.
- Live View Control: Enables Brightness, Color, and Tone adjustments to your images using easy-to-understand controls.
- Smart AUTO: The camera automatically selects the best shooting settings for optimal quality based on subjects and environmental factors to provide point-and-shoot simplicity.
- Portrait: The camera sets a large aperture, focusing on the subject and artistically blurring the background to make your subject "pop".
- Face Self-timer: The camera waits for a face to enter the frame before releasing the shutter.
- Low Light: For high quality image capture in an amazing range of dimly lit situations.
- Creative Filters: This setting provides easy access to special filter effects and scene modes, such as Toy Camera Effect, Poster Effect, Monochrome and more.
- Fisheye Effect: Add a classic photo distortion without a fisheye lens.
- Miniature Effect: for Movies & Stills Emphasizes perspectives for a miniature effect by blurring upper and lower portions of the image.
- Toy Camera Effect: Simulates photos taken with ?toy? or pinhole cameras, darkening the image at the edges to create a vignette effect.
- Monochrome: Choose from three single-tone effects: Black-and-White, Sepia, or Blue.
- Super Vivid: Intensifies existing hues, saturating the scene with bright colors.
- Poster Effect: Combines several similar shades into one color, turning subtle gradations into eye-catching, scene-popping contrasts.
- Snow: Shoot clear snow scenes without darkened subjects or an unnatural bluish tint.
- Fireworks: Grab brilliant images of skyrocketing fireworks.
- Long Shutter: Use to blur moving subjects for artistic effect, ideal for urban night photography.
- Movie: Record video in monaural sound. Unwanted scenes can be deleted in playback mode.