Bring on the action with the only mountable camera that captures it all in legendary Sony video quality. Shoot shake-free with image stabilization and enjoy Wi-Fi connectivity with NFC that lets you remote control, view and transfer your photos and videos with your smartphone. Instantly track your trail, speed, distance, and duration with built-in GPS and get lost in your adventure, not in your location - all while you record in Full HD 1080/60p or even 4x slow motion. It's ready, are you?
SteadyShot image stabilization reduces blur
SteadyShot image stabilization with Active Mode compensates for greater degrees of camera shake to deliver stunningly smooth video from wide angle to full telephoto shooting.
Built-in Wi-Fi with one touch NFC connection for remote control and viewing via smartphone
Turn compatible smart phones and tablets in to remote control viewing devices via Wi-Fi with One Touch Near Field Communication (NFC).
Built-in GPS plots location and calculates telemetry
Built in GPS can be used in conjunction with the free PlayMemories Home software to make viewing and sharing videos fun and easy. Location and trail information as well as speed information add more layers to your ability to analyze your performance that can be captured and displayed on your video.
6 video modes including 1080/60p HD and 4x slow motion
Six video shooting modes are available for flexible shooting scenarios. Record in Full HD 1920x1080/60p for beautiful smooth video. HQ mode delivers full-HD quality for the highest image resolution. Three standard HD modes are provided: STD mode, 2x SLOW and 4x SSLOW. 2x SLOW is useful for recording fast-moving extreme sports, while the 4x SSLOW mode can be used to slow the action down even further in order to analyze a golf or baseball swing, for example. There's also an SD mode that provides extended recording time at VGA resolution (640 x 480, 30p). FULL HD: PS (1920 x 1080 60p), HQ (1920 x 1080 30p) HD: STD (1280 x 720 30p), SLOW(1280 x 720?30p), (SSLOW (1280 x 720 30p) SD: VGA (640 x 480 30p)
Ultra wide 170-degree pro quality Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar lens
With an ultra-wide angle Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar lens, you will increase your perspective (170-degree viewing angle) while you venture out on breathtaking views of dynamic terrain to include ski slopes and mountain trails.
Exmor R CMOS sensor with enhanced sensitivity for beautiful images
Experience stunning low-light sensitivity with improved image clarity and drastically reduced grain with Sony's back-illuminated Exmor R CMOS sensor.
Remote control operation with optional Live View Remote
Using optional Live View Remote accessory you can control the HDR-AS30V via Wi-Fi1. This multi-functional watch allows you to frame your shots and control the camera's recording settings and start/stop record.
Capture amazing high quality 12MP still images in photo mode
Put your HDR-AS30V in still image mode and capture amazing high quality 12MP still images with a single press of the button.
Ruggedized, waterproof housing2 with universal tripod mount included
The Sony HDR-AS30V ships with a ruggedized, waterproof housing with universal tripod mount that is built to handle extreme environments, allowing you to concentrate on safety and composition while capturing Full HD videos. Within the housing, the camera is waterproof down to 197 feet and has a shock resistance rating for up to 5 foot drops plus dirt and dust resistant seals that help make it nearly impervious to mud, snow, rain, and grime.
Thin, light-weight, slim design
Thin and slim-line design receives less wind and water pressure and it is ideal for outdoor activities such as cycling. It can be used with a variety of mounting accessories to capture hands-free POV HD video while engaged in a wide spectrum of outdoor activities, including extreme sports. As compared to first generation Action Cam (HD-AS15) the new HDR-AS30V is 35% lighter and 25% smaller. The camera can be operated with simple buttons on the side of the housing.
Memory Stick Micro and Micro SD/SDHC compatible
Expandable memory with Memory Stick Micro and Micro SD/SDHC card slot.
Built-In stereo mic for quality sound recording
A built-in stereo microphone allows you to capture all the exciting sounds of your adventure.
HDMI output for easy file transfer
With HDMI output, you'll be able to share your Sony HDR-AS30V video with friends and family on your HDTV (HDMI cable required/not included).
- Camera Type : POV Action Cam
- Lens Type : Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar Lens
- Aperture : F2.8
- Focal Length (35mm equivalent) : f=15.3mm, f= 5/8 inch
- Minimum Focus Distance : Approx.1 3/16inch (Approx 30cm)
- Angle of View : 170? (without SteadyShot), 120? (with SteadyShot)
- Focal Distance : f=2.5mm, f=1/8inch
- Steady Shot Mode:Active : 21.3mm
- Imaging Sensor : 1/2.3" (7.77mm) back-illuminated Exmor R CMOS Sensor
- Processor : BIONZ image processor
- Pixel Gross : Approx.16800K pixels
- Effective Picture Resolution : Approx.11,900K pixels (16:9)
- Color Filter System : RGB primary color filters
- Recording pixels (photo, 16:9) : Approx.11900000 pixels
- Media Type : Memory Stick Micro (Mark 2), Micro SD/SDHC/SDXC, Memory Card (Class 4 or Higher)
- Still Image Mode : JPEG
- Still Image Max Effective Resolution : 11.9 megapixels
- Video Format : MP4: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264
- Video Resolution : PS:1920x1080 60p (PS), 1920x1080 30p (HQ), 1280x720 30p (STD), 1280x720 60p/- (SLOW), 1280x720 120p/- (SSLOW), 640x480 30p (VGA)
- Video Actual (Pixel) : Approx.11,900K pixels
- Video Signal : HD:HDTV 1080/60p
- Audio Format : MPEG-4 AAC-LC 2ch
- Microphone/Speaker : Built-in Microphone, Monoral Speaker
- Movie Recording Rate(Average Bit Rate/VBR) : HQ:Approx.16Mbps/ SSLOW:Approx.24Mbps/ SLOW:Approx.12Mbps/ STD:Approx.6Mbps/ VGA:Approx.3Mbps
- Still Image File Format : DCF Ver.2.0 compatible, Exif Ver.2.3 compatible, MPF Baseline compatible
- Still Image Size(Photo Mode) : 11.9 megapixels 16:9 (1920x1080)
- Progressive Mode : Yes
- Metering Modes : Multi-segment
- Scene Mode(s) : Auto / Underwater
- Noise Reduction : Yes
- White Balance Mode : Auto
- Minimum Illumination : 6 lux
- Backlight Compensation : Yes (Auto)
- Date / Time Stamp : Yes
- Media/Battery Indicator : Yes (recordable time) / Yes (remaining capacity)
- Multiple Language Display : English
- Fast Playback : About 5 times/10 times
- Image Management File Repair : Yes (AUTO)
- On Screen Main Indicators : Recording Mode; Image stabilization; GPS Tracking Status; Shooting Mode Status
- Waterproof : Yes (In use with Waterproof Case (SPK-AS2))
- Airplane Mode : Yes
- Embedded GPS : Yes
- Image Stabilization : SteadyShot image stabilization w/ Active mode
- Wi-Fi : Control with Smartphone
- Interval Recording : Yes (photo) (5s/10s/30s/60s)
- Power Save : Yes
- Shutter Speeds : Auto Control Range: 1/30 - 1/10,000 (30fps)
- Power Consumption (in Operation) : 1.9W
- Power Requirements : 3.6V (battery pack)
- Battery Type : NP-BX1
- Charge on camcorder (Charging time with supplied Battery) : Approx. 4h 05min
USB Power Supply
- blank : Yes (1.5A or more is recommended)
- Memory Card Slot : Memory Stick Micro and Micro SD/SDHC/SDXC compatible
- NFC : Yes (NFC forum Type 3 Tag compatible)
- Wi-Fi : IEEE 802.11b/g/n (2.4GHz band)
- HD Output : HDMI Out (micro) (sold separately)
- USB Port(s) : micro-B/USB2.0 Hi-speed (mass-storage)
- BRAVIA Sync : Yes
- Microphone Input : Stereo Mini Jack
- HDMI Terminal : Yes (HDMI micro)
- Multi/Micro USB Terminal : Yes
Weights and Measurements
- Dimensions (Approx.) : Approx.31/32inch x 1 7/8inch x 3 1/4inch (Approx.24.5mm x 47.0mm x 82.0mm) including supplied battery
- Weight (Approx.) : Approx. 2oz (Approx. 65g)
- Weight (Approx.) (Total) : Approx.90g (NP-BX1(supplied battery))