Take your child's English comprehension up a notch.
Basic English skills are the building blocks of good grades and good communication. Franklin's Elementary Dictionary with Spell Correction helps your children lay a foundation of English knowledge which will serve them well throughout their early school years and beyond.
Franklin's Elementary Dictionary with Spell Correction builds upon the success of their popular KID-1240 model in three important ways:
- Includes all the words and definitions from Merriam-Webster's Elementary Dictionary
- Speaks all headwords and letters using recorded human voice
- Includes the Franklin Thesaurus
Franklin has incorporated the words and definitions from Merriam-Webster's Elementary Dictionary into this convenient, portable, electronic handheld device. Because these definitions are slightly more advanced, this product can be used by older or more advanced students.
Your children can find the words they want even when they don't know how to spell them. Type them the way they sound and our phonetic spell correction shows them a list of correct options. If they're not sure how to say a word, they can listen to the dictionary pronounce it. Remember, your children can also hear all definitions pronounced using text-to-speech technology.
Also included is the Franklin Thesaurus so your children can speedily find synonyms and antonyms to broaden their vocabulary. We'll also list Classmates, when available, which are words in similar categories (for example: tiger, cheetah, jaguar, etc.).
That's not all. See any dictionary word printed or written in cursive with our handwriting guide. Access Confusables to see words often confused with one another. So try Franklin's Elementary Dictionary with Spell Correction and lay the groundwork of a brighter future.
- Rhyme Finder displays words that rhyme with a selected word
- Save words in a personal list to practice weekly spelling lists in games and other exercises
- Play other fun, educational word games with dictionary words to improve spelling and vocabulary using a fun, systematic approach
- Plug in headphones for privacy and to eliminate distractions
- Includes a battery saving automatic shutoff feature