FUJINON 42x Optical Manual Zoom (24 - 1,000mm)* & Super Macro
The Fujinon optical 42x manual zoom lens (24 - 1,000mm)* effectively combines aspherical lenses, ED lens, and integrated lenses to achieve a bright aperture rating of f/2.8 - 5.6, and image stabilization. Super Macro mode allows close-up shooting from as near as 1cm and the manual barrel zoom ensures speedy, intuitive control of the camera.
* 35mm format equivalent
84x Intelligent Digital Zoom
Controlled by the convenient Function (Fn) button, the Intelligent Digital Zoom offers an astonishing 84x magnification power, the equivalent of a 2000mm** focal length. In addition to magnifying the image, the EXR sensor intelligently minimizes noise in flat areas and sharpens and enhances contrast in edge areas and to create natural clarity and crispness even at super-telephoto magnification. Intelligent Digital Zoom also functions in EXR AUTO mode, to guarantee you exceptional shots with minimal effort.
** Equivalent to angle of view on 35mm format
Powerful Optical Image Stabilization
Lens shift image stabilization ensures that even hand-held shots are free from blur.
12-groups / 17-elements Configuration
Fifteen of the seventeen lens elements have Super EBC coating on both surfaces, reducing ghosting and flare for good results with backlit subjects and in other challenging situations.
ED Lens - Removing All Color Fringing Even at High Magnification
One ED lens has been employed for their low dispersion and effective reduction of chromatic aberrations. By preventing color fringing and reducing contrast, the FinePix HS50EXR lens captures images with superb accuracy across the zoom range from wide angle to telephoto.
Super EBC - Aiming for High Quality Images
All the lens elements used in the FinePix HS50EXR have been treated with multilayer Super EBC (Electron Beam Coating), the same process used for Fujinon broadcasting video lenses and large-format camera lenses acclaimed by professionals. Reducing ghosting and lens flare, the treatment promises clear image quality.
Intelligent Hybrid AF: world's fastest AF (0.05sec.*)
The clever hybrid autofocus system can choose between Phase Detection AF or switch to Contrast AF in low light to ensure the optimal focus system is used-dependent on the shooting conditions.
Phase-detection AF delivers unmatched speed - Intelligent Hybrid AF auto focuses in as fast as 0.05 sec.* thanks EXR CMOS II
Depending on the scene, Hybrid AF instantly switches between high-speed phase detection AF(found in most top-end SLRs), and contrast AF, which is employed when high contrast light is present. Applying the fastest algorithm according to the targeted subject and scene, Hybrid AF guarantees your subject will be in focus as quickly as possible(fastest 0.05 sec.*),ensuring your shots are captured perfectly.
* Fujifilm research as of November 30, 2012. Compared with other compact digital cameras based on CIPA standards and conducted in High Performance mode.
High Speed Response thanks to EXR Processor II
High speed continuous shooting 11fps at the full 16million pixels (max. 5 frames)
EXR processor II achieves the processing speed of the previous EXR processor.
- Fast Startup - 0.5sec**
- Shooting Interval - 0.5sec
**Fujifilm research based on CIPA standards.
EXR CMOS II make even dark scenes bright for high-quality images. Beautiful hand-held night scenes
Frames captured with high-speed continuous shooting at high sensitivity are overlapped to create a single optimum image, keeping noise to an absolute minimum. Image blur is minimized, even when camera is hand-held.
EXR Auto with Motion Detection automatically selects the optimum shooting mode from 108 possible patterns according to the demands of the composition, guaranteeing beautifully captured scenes and the best image quality possible.
- Just as your eyes see even the tiniest of details when looking at something in good light, HR (High Resolution) mode maximizes the 16 million pixels resolution of the FinePix HS50EXR to reproduce even the smallest details in bright, beautiful color.
Wide Dynamic Range
- Just as your eyes see the full range of shadows to highlights in high-contrast scenes, DR mode simultaneously captures two images to produce a single image with significantly enhanced dynamic range, revealing subtle details in shadow and eliminating washout of bright areas.
High Sensitivity & Low Noise
- Just as your eyes strive to make dark scenes as bright and detailed as possible, SN mode takes advantage of high-sensitivity to capture smooth texture and natural brightness with minimal noise.
Full HD Movie 1080p/60fps with continuous phase detection AF
Phase detection autofocus is active during movie recording for faster focus response.
Face-tracking autofocus is available during shooting, allowing focus to track a selected face throughout recording and ensuring that you never lose sight of your subject.
One Touch Movie Recording Button
A one-touch Movie Recording Button enables you to capture all the action in Full HD.
Photo Shooting During Recording
Still photos can be captured during movie recordings.
* The photo is saved separately from the movie and does not appear as part of the movie.
High Speed Movie
Sometimes things happen too fast for you to see them properly with your own eyes. The FinePix HS50EXR can freeze the action at up to an amazing 480fps! So you can see every single minute detail and watch things happening step by step in slow motion.
* High Speed Movie can be recorded at the following speeds and sizes: 480fps (320 x 112 pixels), 160fps (320 x 240 pixels), 80fps (VGA 640 x 480 pixels).
External stereo microphone input (microphones sold separately)
Connect an external stereo microphone (MIC-ST1) to the dedicated input and you can get amazing sound to rival the image quality.
Simply connect any HDMI cable available in the market to the HDTV and enjoy the full impact of high resolution images and movies.
* Direct connection from the HDMI Miniport (camera).
High Performance Shooting Function - 3.0-inch Vari-Angle LCD screen
If you are trying to take tricky, close to the ground, macro flower shots or want to capture the band on the main stage above the heads of the crowd, you can switch to the very useful 3.0-inch Vari-Angle LCD screen. Again boasting a detailed 920K-dot, the LCD screen can fold out and flip around so you can see what you are taking - no matter what the angle you're trying to shoot at.
Electronic Viewfinder with Eye Sensor
The FinePix HS50EXR boasts a high-resolution (920K-dot) electronic viewfinder equipped with an eye sensor, making it easier to frame subjects and check focus in bright daylight conditions. The bright EVF accommodates a traditional shooting style, making it easy to steady the camera, even when shooting with the 42x zoom fully extended.
Q button for direct setting control
Q button : Fast Shortcut to Shooting Menu Settings
Skip directly to frequently used shooting menus with the Q (Quick Menu) button. ISO sensitivity setting, White Balance, Film Simulation and other frequently used shooting settings are displayed in a list. Just use the 4-way controller to select the item and the command dial to change settings for speedy operation while shooting.
Focus Peak Highlight
Focus Peak Highlight feature helps photographers by highlighting high contrast areas of your subject. It provides a guide for focusing in situations where it's difficult to tell whether the subject is correctly focused; allowing users to manually focus whilst viewing on the LCD monitor.
When composing a shot in the spacious LCD, the built-in electronic level display makes it easy to align the image with the true horizon.
Versatile Shooting Modes P / S / A / M / Mode dials
In addition to a wide range of shooting modes, the FinePix HS50EXR offers a selection of versatile scene positions that ensure optimum results no matter what the scene.
- Improve clarity, reduce noise, increase dynamic range, or let the camera automatically adjust settings to suit the scene.
- The easiest mode for taking pictures. Use this for ordinary photography.
- Ensures the ideal camera settings to match the shooting scenes.
Motion Panorama 360
- Sweep the camera right or left, up or down to create panoramic image.
- Pro Focus Mode
- Pro Low-light Mode
- This mode is a shooting mode with user settings.
- Automatic mode to specify the settings except for the shutter speed and aperture setting.
Shutter Priority AE
- An automatic mode to set the shutter speed.
Aperture Priority AE
- An automatic mode to set the aperture.
- This mode provides more detailed settings that are impossible to set in Auto mode.
A Host of Scene Position
- Set for shooting portraits. Skin tones are softened as it enhances the overall natural look.
- Enables automatic enhancements of skin tone.
- Best for shooting scenery in daylight capturing clear and sharp shots of buildings and mountains effectively.
- A quick recognition of persons in motion or objects for a faster shutter speed to help you catch the perfect moment.
- Mode for shooting evening and night scenes. A picture is taken with a slow shutter.
- Clear shots of twilight scenes using tripod.
- Effective for taking shots of fireworks with a slow shutter speed.
- Capture sunset scenes vivid in color.
- Most adaptable to snow scenes without unnatural darkened images or where the whole screen appears white.
- Clear shots of people without darkened images under strong sunlight.
- Best for shooting indoor weddings or parties. Retains the natural ambience in low-light conditions.
- Capture a clear close-up shots of blooming flowers rich in color.
- Clear shots of letters on a document or white board.
While compact, the cameras are designed to reduce camera shake at high magnifications with easy-to-hold grip with non-slip surfaces.
Enhance Your Picture Taking Experience - Advanced Filter
A selection of 8 special filters lets you create distinctive photo effects. Filter effects can be verified on the LCD monitor to ensure you get exactly the results you're shooting for.
Film Simulation mode
Simulate the distinctive look of Fujifilm color films loved by professional photographers: the natural tones of PROVIA, the distinctive saturation and vibrant colors of Velvia, or the smooth tonality and skin tones of ASTIA. Black & White and Sepia modes can also be selected.
Three Bracketing Functions
Film Simulation Bracketing
- One press of the shutter produces three images of PROVIA, Velvia and ASTIA modes.
- Continuous capture of three frames with exposure range of up to ?1.0EV.
Dynamic Range Bracketing
- One press of the shutter produces three images in a different dynamic range (100%, 200%, 400%).
RAW Shooting - RAW+JPEG Mode
In addition to default JPEG file format, the FinePix HS50EXR also offers the option of RAW or RAW + JPEG image formats. SILKYPIX viewer and RAW conversion software is included for effortless management and conversion of RAW image data on your PC.
Simultaneously record captured images in both RAW format for post-processing on your personal computer and JPEG format for easy distribution.
1:1(square) in addition to 4:3, 16:9 and 3:2.
Compatible with Eye-Fi X2 (or later) cards. Transmit your images (in JPEG format) directly to your mobile or PC.
Motion Panorama 360
Just sweep the camera right-left or up-down to shoot giant panoramas up to 360?. When you view the panorama playing back on your camera or personal computer, you can enjoy a seamless panorama image with both ends stitched together to create a "cylinder" view.
Multiple exposure function lets you superimpose two different exposures in a single frame to create artful, one-of-a-kind photos.
Advanced Shooting Modes
Pro Focus Mode with Face Detection
This focus-bracketing mode emulates the gentle, out-of-focus background look of a DSLR when shooting portraits or macro subjects. A single press of the shutter first takes an exposure focused on the main subject, then additional exposures at different focus points*. This produces a final image emphasizing the sharply focused subject against a soft, out-of-focus background**.
* There must be sufficient distance between the subject and the background for this function to work properly.
** Except for subjects where focus bracketing is unable to produce sufficient defocus.
Pro Low-light Mode
Ideal for shooting non-moving subjects in low light, this mode automatically takes a series of four high-sensitivity & low-noise exposures and then combines them into an image with less noise than the single exposures.
Face Tracking Auto Focus
Face Detection couples with Tracking Auto Focus for new ways of capturing great people pictures, even when those people won't stop moving. Face Detection optimizes focus and exposure to ensure bright, clear faces, while Tracking Auto Focus maintains sharp focus on moving subjects. The result is attractively exposed, well-focused photos.
Playback Functions - Micro Thumbnail View
Up to 100 pictures can be viewed at a time in a 10x10 array of micro thumbnails. Convenient for smooth and comfortable playback.
Share your images with built in social networking
Don't wait until you get home to start choosing which pictures to upload to FACEBOOK. Start the process in camera by tagging the pictures you want to share. The next time you connect to your home computer your images will upload automatically. The same goes for movie clips too, which can also be uploaded to YouTube.
Easy Web Uploading to YouTube and FACEBOOK via MyFinePix Studio
It's as easy as one, two, three. Shoot pictures and tag them for upload to your FACEBOOK profile page or YouTube account.
When the FinePix HS50EXR is connected to a PC, the marked images are uploaded to the designated site, eliminating the need for time-consuming PC-based image processing or selection.
MyFinePix Studio Automatically Searches for New Images to Upload for You
MyFinePix Studio detects new images to upload. When finding new image to upload, the uploader starts automatically.
A hot-shoe accommodates an auxiliary TTL flash, for shooting scenes beyond the capability of the built-in flash. A selection of versatile compatible flash units is available from your FinePix dealer.