With the Bluetooth USB Adapter you can seamlessly connect between Bluetooth enabled devices such as computers, cellular phones, PDAs, printers and other emerging personal connectivity devices. The Bluetooth Adapter complies with the latest Bluetooth 1.1 standards and supports wireless data transfers at ranges up to 33 feet. Its compact and portable design makes it ideal for notebook users. Plug into your PC's USB port and go wireless!
What is Bluetooth wireless technology?
Bluetooth wireless technology is a worldwide specification for a small-form factor, low-cost radio solution that provides links between mobile computers, mobile phones, other portable handheld devices, and connectivity to the Internet. The specification is developed, published and promoted by the Bluetooth Special Interest Group (SIG).
When Bluetooth wireless technology connects devices to each other, they become "paired." Device pairings are constantly evolving, simplifying familiar tasks and developing new possibilities. Your wireless headset connects to the mobile phone in your briefcase. Your handheld automatically synchronizes with your personal computer when you walk in the office. Your mobile phone, handheld, and personal computer all share the same address book, schedule, and to-do list.
What can I do with Bluetooth wireless-capable products?
While the possibilities are nearly endless for the applications of the technology, some of the current capabilities include:
- Eliminate the need for wired connections between electronic products and accessories--so you can, for example, print wirelessly from your Bluetooth-enabled PDA to a Bluetooth-enabled printer.
- Exchange files, business cards, calendar appointments, etc. with groups of Bluetooth users
- Transfer and synchronize files between devices
- Connect to localized content services in public areas
- Use devices as remote controls, keys, tickets and e-cash wallets
What are some possible Bluetooth pairings?
- Mobile Phone with Headset -- Pairing a Bluetooth enabled mobile phone and headset means hands-free mobile communications without wires. In-coming calls, voice-activated out-going calls - your phone doesn't even need to be within your reach. With your Bluetooth enabled headset the mobile phone can be on the back seat, across the room or even in your bag. It's freedom with Bluetooth wireless technology.
- Personal Computer with Printer -- Pairing a Bluetooth enabled personal computer and printer extends the possibilities of your office or home office. Don't worry about obtrusive wires or juggling multiple connections. If your personal computer and printer are within 30 feet of each other, they're ready to communicate. No hassle. No wires.
- Keyboard and Mouse with Personal Computer -- Pairing Bluetooth enabled keyboards and mice with personal computers extends the range of your input devices and makes you more flexible, nimble, and efficient. Now, line-of-sight is no longer a requirement for wireless keyboards and mice. Everyday work. Portable possibilities. Presentations. It's intelligent with Bluetooth wireless technology.
- Mobile Phone with Handheld -- Pairing a Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone and handheld means wireless synchronization and connectivity almost anywhere in the world. Dial from your handheld. Use your mobile phone as a wireless modem. Share a single address book, calendar, and to-do list. From your pocket. From your bag. From your briefcase. It's ingenious with Bluetooth wireless technology.