Get results in a heartbeat with the Forerunner 301. This training partner continuously monitors your heart rate, speed, distance, pace and calories burned so you can train smarter, more effectively. The Forerunner 301 combines the popular features of the Forerunner 201 with a proven heart rate monitor and Training Center software to create a highly integrated personal training system.
Whether you are a triathlete in training or just want to see tangible results, the Forerunner 301 sets the pace with innovative features:
- Compact, lightweight and waterproof with an easy-to-read display on an ergonomic wristband
- Embedded GPS sensor provides basic navigation capabilities to tell you how far, how fast, even how to get home.
- Digital coded heart rate monitor so you can see whether you are training too hard or not enough
- Training Center software, a powerful PC-based application that lets you analyze and create workouts
- Highly flexible - offers multiple sports profiles so you can use it for running, biking and other sports.
- Easy to use - no calibration required. Just turn it on and go.
Customize your Forerunner 301 to get the most out of your training. To help you achieve your personal best, the Forerunner 301 includes the following smart features:
- Auto Pause pauses and resumes training timer based on a specified speed so you never have to start or stop the timer
- Auto Lap records lap data when you reach a specified distance so you never have to punch the lap button
- AutoLearn feature learns user's heart rate zones, adjusting them as fitness levels improve
- Virtual Partner lets you train against a specified time, distance or pace goals
- AutoScroll cycles through data pages during a workout
Included Training Center software lets you create custom workouts with templates from the experts at TrainingPeaks.com. The software also allows you to store and analyze data using interactive graphs that chart your speed, elevation, pace or heart rate data. Your course is overlaid on a map so you can pinpoint specific areas and see how elevation and other factors affect your performance. Garmin has also formed a partnership with MotionBased.com to provide Forerunner 301 users with unique internet-based performance analysis and mapping tools for GPS and heart-rate information.
- GPS sensor provides precise latitude, longitude, and altitude data for exact location information.
- Mark specific locations, and then look-up and navigate to these points using an electronic map.
- Retrace your steps to a starting point or reverse your normal route for routine variation.
- Amount of calories burned can be tracked and calculated over the course of a workout.
- Lap history-such as lap time, lap distance, and average pace-can be stored for up to two years.
- Performance data can be automatically archived and calculated to provide an accurate record.
- Automated stopwatch provides auto-lap and auto-pause features.
- Lap timer indicates when a certain speed is reached or when you've fallen below a pre-set level.
- Pace whistle sounds alert when you begin traveling slower or faster than your desired pace.
- Distance whistle sounds when you reach a specified duration or distance in your workout.
- Download free Garmin software to transfer data from your Forerunner 201 to your PC for storage and analysis. Forerunner Logbook software now available!
|Features & Specifications |
Training timer features
|Training data: ||Can display training time, pace, distance, lap pace, lap time, lap distance, average and best pace, elevation and calories |
|Heart rate monitor: ||Digitally coded transmission|
|Heart rate display: ||Shows heart rate (beats per minute) and zone (between 1 and 5)|
|Lap History: ||Automatically records up to 5000 laps by day or week; stores approximately two years of data. Download histories to your PC using associated software|
|AutoPause: ||Automatically pauses the training timer when you slow down below a specified resting pace; timer resumes when you start running again|
|AutoLap: ||Automatically triggers a lap when you reach a specified distance. Allows you to run anywhere and still get accurate performance data|
|AutoLearn: ||Learns user's heart rate zones, adjusting them as fitness levels improve|
|AutoScroll: ||Cycles through data pages during a workout|
|Virtual Partner: ||Allows you to input training goals based on time, distance and pace. Forerunner displays a graphic "virtual partner" that will run with the set goal, so you can see at a glance if you are keeping up or falling behind.|
|Multi-sport: ||Set up profiles for running, biking, and another sport|
|Pace alert: ||Alarm sounds if you are slower or faster than the pace you've input|
|Heart rate alert ||Alarm sounds if you reach specified minimum or maximum heart rate|
|Advanced workout: ||Set up workouts with specific durations and targets(speed or heart rate)|
|Time/distance alert: ||Alarm sounds when you reach the specified time or distance|
|Interval training: ||Allows you to set up exercise and rest intervals and number of reps |
|Receiver: ||12 parallel channel GPS receiver continuously tracks and uses up to 12 satellites to track your speed and distance|
|Antenna: ||Built-in patch|
|Mark location: ||Mark and save up to 100 locations|
|Find location: ||Look up and navigate to stored locations|
|Back to start: ||Navigate back to starting location |
|Map mode: ||Electronic map shows your location, along with marked locations. Pointer arrow shows direction to travel when navigating back to start or to a stored location|
|Display: ||1.44" (W) x .92" (H), 100 x 64 pixels|
|Size: ||3.3" (W) x 1.7" (H) x .7" (D) |
|Case: ||Waterproof to IEC 60529 IPX7 standards|
|Temperature range: ||-4 degrees to 140 degrees F (-20 degrees C to 60 degrees C)|
|Weight: ||2.7 ounces (78 g) with batteries |
|Batteries: ||rechargeable lithium ion; 14 hours|
Heart Rate Monitor
|Size: ||11.65 "W x 1.34"H x .43"D |
|Strap: ||12.6" - 25.2" |
|Weight: ||1.55 ounces |