Garmin International has announced that nuMaps Guarantee is now available. This program allows a customer who purchases a new nuvi or zumo GPS device to update the unit map free of charge if both of the following conditions exist:
1. The customer registers the new unit here within 60 days of the unit's first use.
2. A newer map becomes available within 60 days after the unit has been activated.
With its easy-to-use touchscreen, preloaded maps of North America or Europe and widescreen display, the affordable nuvi 250W delivers directions on the go - wherever life takes you. For an additional cost savings, check out nuvi 200W which offers less map coverage at a lower price.
With nuvi 250W's widescreen display, you'll always get the big picture. View map detail, driving directions, photos and more in bright, brilliant color. Its sunlight-readable, antiglare, landscape, 4.3-inch display with white backlight is easy to read - from any direction.
Navigate with Ease
nuvi 250W comes ready to go right out of the box with preloaded City Navigator NT street maps, including a hefty points of interest (POIs) database with hotels, restaurants, fuel, ATMs and more. Simply touch the color screen to enter a destination, and nuvi takes you there with 2D or 3D maps and turn-by-turn voice directions. In addition, nuvi 250W accepts custom points of interest (POIs), such as school zones and safety cameras and lets you set proximity alerts to warn you of upcoming POIs.
Take It With You
Like the rest of the nuvi 200-series, nuvi 250W sports a sleek, slim design and fits comfortably in your pocket or purse. Its rechargeable lithium-ion battery makes it convenient for navigation by car or foot.
Go Beyond Navigation
Navigation is just the beginning. nuvi 250W includes many travel tools including JPEG picture viewer, world travel clock with time zones, currency converter, measurement converter, calculator and more. It also comes with Garmin Lock, an anti-theft feature, and configurable vehicle icons that let you select car-shaped graphics to show your location on the map. Optional plug-in SD cards let you add additional features. Purchase Garmin Travel Guides for detailed data on attractions and our SaversGuide for information on nearby merchants offering discounts to customize nuvi for your travel needs.
- Wide, 4.3" diagonal color display; 480 x 272 pixels; WQVGA touchscreen display, with white backlight
- Sleek, ultra-slim design
- Turn-by-turn directions with voice guidance
- Easy, touchscreen interface
- Preloaded with City Navigator North America NT - nuvi 250W includes detailed maps of U.S., Canada & Puerto Rico. Map data for both is preloaded to internal solid state memory.
- High-sensitivity GPS receiver for improved performance and reception
- Trip computer records mileage, max speed, total time and more
- Includes travel features such as picture viewer, world clock, currency & measurement converters and calculator
- SD memory card expansion slot
- Includes Garmin Lock anti-theft feature
- Configurable vehicle icons - users can download additional choices from http://www.garmin.com/vehicles/ 1
- Offers a three-dimensional mapping perspective, or 2D overhead view
- Includes sturdy suction cup mount that allows for easy adjustment and quick release
- Simplified PC connectivity, similar to a digital camera, using USB mass storage with access to either the SD card slot or to the unit's internal memory directly from your PC desktop.
- With the POI loader program, users can set up proximity alerts for school zones, safety cameras, create custom POIs and more.
Physical & Performance:
|Unit dimensions, WxHxD: ||4.8"W x 2.9"H x .8"D (12.2 x 7.4 x 2.0 cm) |
|Display size, WxH: ||3.81"W x 2.25"H (9.7 x 5.7 cm); 4.3" diag (10.9 cm) |
|Display resolution, WxH: ||480 x 272 pixels |
|Display type: ||WQVGA color TFT with white backlight |
|Weight: ||6.1 ounces (172.93 g) |
|Battery: ||rechargeable lithium-ion |
|Battery life: ||up to 5 hours |
|Waterproof: ||no |
|High-sensitivity receiver: ||yes |
|RoHS version available: ||yes |
Maps & Memory:
|Basemap: ||yes |
|Preloaded maps: ||yes |
|Ability to add maps: ||yes |
|Built-in memory: ||internal solid state |
|Accepts data cards: ||SD card (not included) |
|Waypoints: ||500 |
|Routes: ||0 |
|Voice prompts (e.g. "Turn right in 500 ft."): ||yes (internal speaker) |
|Speaks street names (e.g. "Turn right ON ELM STREET in 500 ft.") : ||no |
|3D map view: ||yes |
|Auto sort multiple destinations (provides most direct route): ||no |
|Auto re-route (fast off-route and detour recalculation): ||yes |
|Choice of route setup (faster time, shorter distance, off road): ||yes |
|Route avoidance (avoid highways, tolls etc.): ||yes |
|Custom POIs (ability to add additional points of interest): ||yes |
|Hands-free calling with Bluetooth wireless technology: ||no |
|FM traffic compatible: ||no |
|XM Navtraffic (includes basic weather) & Radio for U.S. compatible: ||no |
|MSN Direct for U.S. compatible: ||no |
|MP3 player: ||no |
|Audio book player: ||no |
|Picture viewer: ||yes |
|Configurable vehicle icons (select car-shaped icons for map navigation): ||yes |
|World travel clock, currency & measurement converter, calculator: ||yes |
|Touchscreen: ||yes |
|Remote control: ||no |
|FM transmitter: ||no |
|Headphone jack/audio line-out: ||no |
|Dead reckoning: ||no |
|Garmin Lock (anti-theft feature): ||yes |
|Motorcycle-friendly: ||no |
|Additional: ||This USB Mass Storage device is compatible with Windows 2000 or later and Mac OS X 10.4 or later|