The StreetPilot 2730 offers real-time XM NavTraffic, XM WX Weather, and XM Radio capabilities. It comes ready to go, right out of the box-there's no need to download maps from your PC.
The XM Traffic, Weather, and Audio capabilities give the StreetPilot 2730 great utility, even when drivers know exactly where they are. XM NavTraffic is the first nationwide satellite-based data traffic information service to enable an overlay of current traffic conditions. The StreetPilot 2730 uses this data* to automatically calculate and suggest faster alternative routes long before traffic starts backing up. Accidents, road construction, or other incidents affecting traffic are graphically represented as icons on the navigation map. Precise information relating to a traffic incident is also available, including the precise location of the incident, the lanes affected, and the predicted duration. Roadways are color-coded to indicate directional traffic flow speed.
Additionally, the StreetPilot 2730 can also receive XM weather data*. Current weather conditions for over 2,000 locations, and weather forecasts for 162 cities, are displayed on-screen. United States county storm and flood warnings are also highlighted, allowing motorists to make prudent driving decisions. The StreetPilot 2730 also offers more than 150 channels of XM satellite radio**, featuring 100-percent commercial-free music, as well as more than 30 channels of news, sports, talk, and entertainment. Users can send XM and navigation audio to their car stereo through the StreetPilot's integrated FM wireless transmitter or 3.5 mm stereo headphone/line-out plug.
The StreetPilot 2730 also comes equipped with an MP3 player that lets users take their personal music collection on the road and browse music by artist, album, song, or genre. Loading music is drag-and-drop easy - there's no need for special software. The StreetPilot 2730 also works as an audio book player, with content available for purchase from Audible.com - featuring more than 70,000 hours of audio programs from more than 200 content partners.
In addition to the turn-by-turn voice prompted navigation available in earlier StreetPilot models, the 2730 actually announces the name of upcoming streets and points of interest - letting drivers keep their eyes on the road while navigating through busy traffic. Highly-detailed maps featuring nearly six million points of interest (POIs) throughout the U. S., Canada, and Puerto Rico (destinations like hotels, restaurants, gas stations, and attractions) come pre-loaded on the unit?s solid-state memory. If a driver strays off-course, the StreetPilot 2730 automatically recalculates a new route. With POI Loader, users can also augment the pre-loaded maps with custom POI's - such as school zones and safety cameras. In addition, a proximity alert option can warn the driver of upcoming custom POI's. (This safety feature is designed to help reinforce the importance of traveling at appropriate and legal speeds.)
Garmin's GXM 30 antenna, which is included with the StreetPilot 2730, receives and processes all XM traffic, weather and audio data. For maximum portability, the magnetic, waterproof, puck-size GXM 30 can be placed on the dashboard or the roof of the vehicle.
The StreetPilot 2730 boasts a WQVGA automotive-grade color TFT display with touchscreen that automatically adjusts the unit's backlight for optimum viewability in any amount of light. Drivers can also view the map in either a three-dimensional perspective or a top-down track-up or north-up view.
* XM NavTraffic subscription required.
** XM Radio subscription required.
- Preloaded maps-ready to use out of the box
- Built-in patch antenna; MCX-type connector for optional external GPS antenna connection
- Turn-by-turn directions
- The included GXM 30 smart antenna provides XM Satellite Radio, XM NavTraffic and XM WX Satellite Weather
- XM NavTraffic provides the following data: *
- Unscheduled traffic incident data, such as accidents and disabled vehicles
- Scheduled traffic incident data, such as road construction and road closures
- Traffic flow information (the actual speed data from road sensors)
- Basic XM WX Weather information (current conditions, 5 to 7 day city forecasts, and severe weather alerts)
- Enjoy XM Satellite Radio, featuring over 150 digital channels of commercial-free music, over 30 channels of news, sports, talk and entertainment, over 20 dedicated channels of XM Instant Traffic & Weather, and the deepest playlist in the industry with access to over 2 million titles.*
- XM WX Satellite Weather features county warnings, current conditions, and city forecasts*
- Loading MP3's is drag-and-drop easy-no special software is required
- Send audio to the car stereo through the integrated FM wireless transmitter or 3.5 mm stereo headphone/line-out plug
- Announces street and POI names and addresses to help you keep your eyes on the road
- Arrange destinations to minimize trip distance-a real timesaver for realtors, sales forces, and errand-runners
- Import custom POI such as restaurants and safety cameras from industry-standard CSV files
- Proximity Alert feature warns of upcoming Custom POIs, such as safety cameras and school zones
- Touch screen and alphanumeric remote control
- View the map in either a three-dimensional perspective or top-down track-up or north-up view
- 3.8? diagonal WQVGA color, automotive-grade, sunlight-readable TFT display; 3.3" W x 1.7" H; 454 x 240 pixels
- Unit dimensions: 5.6" W x 3.2" H x 2.0" D
- Weight: .93 pounds
- Built-in photo sensor adjusts for light conditions automatically
- Integrated dash mounting system provides easy adjustment and quick release
* Requires a XM subscription
XM NavTraffic Subscription Information
The information below relates the XM NavTraffic service and to the subscription process for activating an account. Further information on the XM NavTraffic and XM Satellite Radio services can be found at the XM NavTraffic Web site www.xmnavtraffic.com or www.xmradio.com for XM Radio information.
XM NavTraffic Service
Roadways for which traffic flow information is available are shown by color-coding to indicate directional traffic flow speed. Accidents, road construction, or other incidents affecting traffic are graphically represented on the navigation map with an icon at the location of the incident or at the location where the traffic impact of the incident occurs. The information relating to a traffic incident is also available including the precise location, lanes affected, and the predicted duration. The detailed traffic information allows a driver to plan their route around traffic congestion or incidents long before encountering the actual traffic congestion, saving countless hours otherwise spent in traffic.
XM NavTraffic coverage areas ? 22 markets & growing
- Dallas / Ft. Worth**
- Los Angeles
- Miami / Ft. Lauderdale
- Minneapolis / St. Paul
- New York City
- San Francisco / Oakland
- San Diego
- San Jose
- St. Louis**
- Washington, D.C.
** Flow data not currently available for these markets
Basic Weather Information Included in XM NavTraffic
As part of the XM NavTraffic package, basic weather data information from the XM WX Satellite Weather service is included at no charge. This weather information includes Current Conditions, 5 to 7 Day City Forecast (depending on the city information), and Severe Weather Alerts.
XM Satellite Radio - More than 150 channels of continuous programming including:
- 67 commercial-free music channels.
- 63 channels of News, Sports, Talk & Entertainment.
- 21 channels of XM Instant Traffic & Weather - audio only information.
- XM Satellite Radio only: $12.95 per month with a one-time activation fee of $14.99
- XM NavTraffic only: $9.95 per month with a one-time activation fee of $14.99
- XM Radio & XM NavTraffic combination: $16.94 per month with a one-time activation fee of $14.99
With the combined XM Satellite Radio and XM NavTraffic package, you receive a significant discount over stand-alone package pricing with NavTraffic at $3.99 per month over the $12.95 audio service = $16.94. That means for less than $1 per week, you can obtain the benefits of XM NavTraffic when combined with an XM Satellite Radio subscription on the same device. You must have the Radio ID code of your receiver before you call to subscribe to XM services. Refer to the Garmin owner?s manual on how to access the Radio ID code information from your Garmin device.
Contact XM Satellite Radio by phone at 1-800-XM-RADIO (1-800-967-2346) to subscribe to XM NavTraffic and XM Satellite Radio. When you call, an XM representative will ask you to provide your address, billing, radio ID code, and other information to set up your XM account. You may also call this number or visit www.xmnavtraffic.com or www.xmradio.com for answers to other questions you may have.