Receive door-to-door directions while staying on top of weather, traffic and localized information with the StreetPilot c580. Similar to the c550, StreetPilot c580 comes with hands-free calling, preloaded maps and an MP3 player, then takes it up a notch by adding dynamic content from MSN Direct.
Get Localized Information
With dynamic content from MSN Direct, c580 is one resourceful navigator. Using the included receiver and free trial service* to MSN Direct, you can check the weather, avoid traffic backups, compare local gas prices and check movie times and locations when you travel with your unit. The MSN Direct receiver is plug-and-play portable, making it easy to connect to your unit when out and about.
Navigate with Ease
StreetPilot c580 comes ready to go right out of the box with preloaded City Navigator NT street maps, including a hefty points of interest (POIs) database with hotels, restaurants, fuel, ATMs and more. Simply touch the super-bright sunlight-readable color screen to enter a destination, and the c580 takes you there with 2D or 3D maps and turn-by-turn voice directions. It even announces the name of exits and streets so you never have to take your eyes off the road. In addition, the c580 accepts custom points of interest (POIs), such as school zones and safety cameras and lets you set proximity alerts to warn you of upcoming POIs.
Make Hands-free Calls
Talk about worry-free driving. The c580 integrates Bluetooth wireless technology with a built-in microphone and speaker, so you can pair it with your compatible Bluetooth phone. Then talk hands-free through the c580 while staying focused on the road. Now there's no more fumbling with your phone's handset to answer a call or dial a number - just tap the c580's screen and you?re connected. With 1-touch dialing for POIs, you can conveniently call ahead for reservations or information.
Take It With You
The portable StreetPilot c580 conveniently moves from vehicle to vehicle with an easy, adjustable mount. Its compact size makes it convenient to take along on business trips and use in rental cars. c580 also comes with a rechargeable lithium-ion battery for out-of-car route planning.
Enjoy the Extras
StreetPilot c580 is packed full of additional features that make it the perfect navigator. Its high sensitivity GPS receiver acquires satellites quickly and maintains signals even under heavy foliage or near skyscrapers. c580 also comes with an MP3 player, Garmin Lock (an anti-theft feature) and configurable vehicle icons that let you select car-shaped graphics to show your location on the map. Customize your c580 with optional software on plug-and-play SD cards.
* Package includes 1 year free MSN Direct service. Some services available only in select cities where coverage exists.
- Bright, anti-glare color display - 2.8" W x 2.1" H (3.5" diag.), 320 x 240 pixels; 16-bit LCD, with white backlight and touch screen
- MSN Direct receiver with one year service included. After the first year of included service has expired, visit http://garmin.msndirect.com to continue to receive all MSN Direct content for $49.95 for each additional year.*
- Preloaded with City Navigator North America NT - includes detailed maps of U.S., Canada & Puerto Rico ? no downloading required
- Bluetooth wireless technology - enabling hands-free connectivity to mobile phones
- High-sensitivity WAAS-enabled GPS receiver
- Text-to-speech - unit prompts you to "Turn right on Main St" instead of "Turn right in 500 feet"
- Fingertip touch-screen interface
- Built-in patch antenna; MCX-type connector for optional external GPS antenna connection
- Configurable vehicle icons - allows users to select a fun, customized car-shaped icon; users can download additional choices from http://www.garmin.com/vehicles/
- Garmin Lock anti-theft feature - when enabled, users must input a PIN number to use the device. Backup feature allows users to associate a security location, which will unlock the unit when within 50 meters of that location
- Features MP3 player - loading MP3s is "drag-and-drop" easy - no special software is required
- Look up addresses and points of interest
- Choose 2D or 3D maps
- Import custom points of interest (POIs) such as restaurants and safety cameras from industry-standard CSV files
- Proximity alert feature warns of upcoming custom POIs such as safety cameras and school zones
- SD card slot
- Compatible with the optional Garmin Travel Guide data on SD card - giving users helpful reviews and recommendations for restaurants, hotels, shopping, nightlife, sporting events and tourist attractions; also compatible with the optional Garmin SaversGuide data on SD card - the first geo-coded "coupon book" that notifies users of nearby discounts on restaurants, hotels, dry cleaners, auto repair shops, and much more
- Unit dimensions: 4.4" (W) x 3.2" (H) x 2.2" (D); Weight: 9 ounces
- Built-in lithium ion battery; up to 8 hours of battery life
- Suction cup mounting system provides easy adjustment and quick release
- USB interface
*Some services available only in select cities where coverage exists. See http://garmin.msndirect.com for coverage.