Heliopan 67mm Circular Polarizer Glass Filter SHPMC - 706740
Polarizing Filters reduce reflections and glare, they are a neutral color and can be used for color or black and white imaging.
As the light coming from the sun is not polarized parts of the light become partially polarized due to the scattering of particles in the atmosphere. This scattering reduces the transparency of the air and creates haze in the distance and the blue in the sky on a sunny day. Polarization also controls in the reflections of light on the original color of the surface.
The Heliopan Polarizer improves the color of the sky, (in distant pictures, mountain scenes, etc.) it reduces the bluish cast in landscapes and increases the blue color of the sky. The effect is strongest at a 90? angle to the sun.
In addition polarizers enhance the color saturation of the scene by suppressing the reflections on the surface, undesired reflections are largely eliminated.
While increasing color saturation with software can also improve the color saturation the faded parts of the leaves in the illustration above will increase as well. This procedure will not replace the need for a polarizer. For digicams we recommend using a circular polarizer, linear polarizers may result in incorrect exposure or focus under some lighting conditions. They are available with or without SH-PMC coating and in slim or standard rims. The rims are calibrated to help in finding the proper settings when a TTL preview is not available.
- Heliopan 706740 Heliopan 67MM Slim Circular Polarizer SHPMC Lens Filter.
- Type: Circular Polarizer.
- Size: 67 mm Slim.
- Grade: Not Applicable.
- Filter Factor: Between 2.3 and 2.8 (approx. +1.3 stops).
- Multi-Coated: Yes 16 Layer Multi-Coated.
- Rotating: Yes.
- Effect: Removes reflections and increases color saturation without affecting the overall color balance.
- Application: Nature, travel, outdoor photography.
- Color Temperature: Not Specified by Manufacturer.
- Construction: Schott Glass.
- Front Filter Thread Size: Not applicable.
- Front Lens Cap Size: Not applicable.
- Light rays which are reflected become polarized. Polarizing filters are used to select which light rays enter your camera lens.
- They can remove unwanted reflections from non-metallic surfaces such as water or glass and also saturate colors providing better contrast.
- The effect can be seen through the viewfinder and changed by rotating the filter.
- The filter factor varies according to how the filter is rotated and its orientation to the sun.
- SH-PMC is Heliopan's 16 layer multi-coating for their filters.
- Heliopan Slim Circular Polarizers have no front threads.