A powerhouse printer loaded with manageability, energy savings, and mobile printing features.
Propel business results and produce outstanding print quality. Tackle large jobs and equip workgroups for success - wherever business leads. Easily manage and expand this ultra-fast, versatile printer - and help reduce environmental impact. FCC Class A emissions - for use in commercial environments, not residential environments. Ideal for enterprise workgroups of 10-25 printing 5000 to 20,000 pages per month that need a suite of productivity options and mobile printing.
Take productivity to the next level
- Monitor jobs and settings quickly with the 4-line display and use the 10-key pad for PIN printing.
- Print uninterrupted for longer periods of time with high-yield Original HP LaserJet cartridges.
- Improve efficiency. Add paper-handling accessories to presort jobs, print on different media, and more.
- Meet high-volume needs with automatic two-sided printing and versatile paper trays - up to 3600 sheets.
Meet business needs in the office and beyond
- Easily print from a variety of smartphones and tablets - generally no setup or apps required.
- Easily print from virtually anywhere in the office with Ethernet and optional wireless connectivity.
- Extend your printing reach. Easily share printing resources on a network with Ethernet connectivity.
- Print with just a touch of your NFC-enabled mobile device to this printer - no network needed.
Advanced capabilities, easy management
- Easily expand this printer as solutions advance and workgroup needs grow, using add-on, updatable features.
- Quickly troubleshoot problems using cloud-based help services that are relevant and up to date.
- Easily take command of your printing environment from one central location - with HP Web Jetadmin.
- Protect sensitive data - at rest or in transit - with a variety of embedded and optional security solutions.
Less energy, more efficiency and savings
- Save energy - HP Auto-On/Auto-Off Technology turns your printer on when you need it and off when you don't.
- Help reduce your impact. Count on easy, free cartridge recycling through HP Planet Partners.
- Help save time and money with lightweight HP EcoFFICIENT paper - engineered for clean, trouble-free printing.
- Conserve resources - this printer has lower typical electricity consumption than any device in its class.
Printer page yield
- Declared yield value in accordance with ISO/IEC 19752. Actual yields vary considerably based on images printed and other factors.
First page out (ready) black
- As fast as 7 sec
- Up to 1200 x 1200 dpi
- HP ImageREt 3600 (600 x 600 dpi), HP ProRes 1200 (1200 x 1200 dpi)
Monthly duty cycle
- Up to 275,000 pages
- Duty cycle is defined as the maximum number of pages per month of imaged output. This value provides a comparison of product robustness in relation to other HP LaserJet or HP Color LaserJet devices, and enables appropriate deployment of printers and MFPs to satisfy the demands of connected individuals or groups.
Recommended monthly page volume
- 5000 to 20,000
- HP recommends that the number of printed pages per month be within the stated range for optimum device performance, based on factors including supplies replacement intervals and device life over an extended warranty period.
- 4-line LCD (color text and graphics)
- 1.2 GHz
Number of print cartridges
- 1 (black)
- HP 81A Black Original LaserJet Toner Cartridge (approx. 10,500 pages) CF281A, HP 81X High Yield Black Original LaserJet Toner Cartridge (approx. 25,000 pages) CF281X
- HP PCL 6, HP PCL 5e , HP Postscript Level 3 emulation, native PDF printing (v 1.7)
Automatic paper sensor
Paper trays, standard
Paper trays, maximum
- Up to 6
Mobile Printing Capability
- HP ePrint, Apple AirPrint, Mopria-certified
- Hi-Speed USB 2.0 ports (Host and Device); built-in Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000T network port; Hardware Integration Pocket (HIP)
- Standard (built-in Gigabit Ethernet)
- 2 Hi-Speed USB 2.0 Host; 1 Hi-Speed USB 2.0 Device; 1 Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000T network; 1 Hardware Integration Pocket (HIP)
-Identity management: Kerberos authentication, LDAP authentication, 1000 user PIN codes, optional HP and 3rd party advanced authentication solutions (e.g., badge readers); Network: IPsec/firewall with Certificate, Pre-Shared Key, and Kerberos authentication, Supports WJA-10 IPsec configuration Plug-in, 802.1X authentication (EAP-PEAP, EAP-TLS), SNMPv3, HTTPS, Certificates, Access Control List; Data: Storage Encryption, Encrypted PDF & Email (uses FIPS 140 validated cryptographic libraries from Microsoft), Secure Erase, SSL/TLS (HTTPS), Encrypted Credentials; Device: Security lock slot, USB port disablement, hardware integration pocket for security solutions; Security management: Compatible with HP Imaging and Printing Security Center
Minimum system requirements
- Mac OS X 10.7 Lion, OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion, OS X 10.9 Mavericks, OS X 10.10 Yosemite; USB; 1 GB available hard disk space; OS compatible hardware
- Windows XP (SP3) all 32-bit editions (XP Home, XP Pro, etc.), Windows Vista all 32-bit editions (Home Basic, Premium, Professional, etc.), Windows 7 all 32-bit and 64-bit editions; Windows 8/8.1 all 32-bit and 64-bit editions (excluding RT OS for Tablets), Windows 10 all 32-bit and 64-bit editions (excluding RT OS for Tablets); Windows OS compatible with Universal Print Driver (From HP.com): Windows XP (SP3) 32-bit and 64-bit editions (XP Home, XP Pro, etc.), Windows Vista all 32-bit and 64-bit editions (Home Basic, Premium, Professional, etc.), Windows 7 all 32-bit and 64-bit editions, Windows 8/8.1 all 32-bit and 64-bit editions (excluding RT OS for Tablets), Windows 10 all 32-bit and 64-bit editions (excluding RT OS for Tablets); Mobile OS (In-OS drivers): Android, Windows 8/8.1/10 RT; Linux OS (In-OS HPLIP): SUSE Linux (12.2, 12.3, 13.1), Fedora (17, 18, 19, 20), Linux Mint (13, 14, 15, 16, 17), Boss (3.0, 5.0), Ubuntu (10.04, 11.10, 12.04, 12.10, 13.04, 13.10, 14.04, 14.10), Debian (6.0.x, 7.x); Other OS: UNIX; CD-ROM or DVD drive, or Internet connection; Dedicated USB or network connection or Wireless connection; 200 MB available hard disk space; OS compatible hardware
Compatible operating systems
- Windows OS compatible with In-Box Driver: Windows XP SP3 all 32-bit editions (XP Home, XP Pro, etc.), Windows Vista all (32-bit) editions (Home Basic, Premium, Professional, etc.), Windows 7 all (32-bit, 64-bit) editions; Windows 8/8.1 all (32-bit, 64-bit) editions (excluding RT OS for Tablets), Windows 10 all (32-bit, 64-bit) editions (excluding RT OS for Tablets); Windows OS compatible with Universal Print Driver (From HP.com): Windows XP (SP3) (32-bit, 64-bit) editions (XP Home, XP Pro, etc.), Windows Vista all (32-bit, 64-bit) editions (Home Basic, Premium, Professional, etc.), Windows 7 all (32-bit, 64-bit) editions, Windows 8/8.1 all (32-bit, 64-bit) editions (excluding RT OS for Tablets), Windows 10 all (32-bit, 64-bit) editions (excluding RT OS for Tablets); Mac OS (HP Print Drivers available from HP.com and Apple Store): OS X 10.7 Lion, OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion, OS X 10.9 Mavericks, OS X 10.10 Yosemite; Mobile OS (In-OS drivers): iOS, Android, Windows 8/8.1/10 RT; Linux OS (In-OS HPLIP): SUSE Linux (12.2, 12.3, 13.1), Fedora (17, 18, 19, 20), Linux Mint (13, 14, 15, 16, 17), Boss (3.0, 5.0), Ubuntu (10.04, 11.10, 12.04, 12.10, 13.04, 13.10, 14.04, 14.10), Debian (6.0.x, 7.x); Other OS: UNIX
- 512 MB
- 1.5 GB
- Printer Administrator Resource Kit (Driver Configuration Utility, Driver Deployment Utility, Managed Printing Administrator); HP Web JetAdmin Software; HP Proxy Agent Software; HP Imaging and Printing Security Center; HP Utility (Mac)
Print speed, color (draft)
- Measured using ISO/IEC 24734, excludes first set of test documents. Exact speed varies depending on the system configuration, software application, driver, and document complexity.
Supported network protocols
- IPv4/IPv6: Apple Bonjour Compatible (Mac OS 10.2.4 or higher), SNMPv1/v2c/v3, HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, TFTP, Port 9100, LPD, WS Discovery, IPP, Secure-IPP, IPsec/Firewall; IPv6: DHCPv6, MLDv1, ICMPv6; IPv4: Auto-IP, SLP, Telnet, IGMPv2, BOOTP/DHCP, WINS, IP Direct Mode, WS Print; Other: NetWare NDS, Bindery, NDPS, iPrint
- Optional, 500 GB HP Secure High Performance Hard Disk Drive
Paper handling input, standard
- 100-sheet multipurpose tray 1, 500-sheet input tray 2, Automatic duplexer for two-sided printing
Paper handling output, standard
- 500-sheet output bin; 100-sheet rear output bin
Finished output handling
Media sizes supported
- Multipurpose tray 1: A4, A5, A6, B5 (JIS), B6 (JIS), 16K, Dpostcard (JIS), executive (JIS), RA4, 10 x 15 cm, envelope (DL ISO, C5 ISO, C6 ISO, B5 ISO); Tray 2, optional 500-sheet input tray: executive (JIS), A4, A5, RA4, B5 (JIS), 16K; optional 1500-sheet High-capacity input tray: A4
Media sizes, custom
- Multipurpose tray 1: 3 x 5 to 8.5 x 14 in; Tray 2, optional 500-sheet input tray: 5.83 x 8.27 to 8.5 x 14 in; Optional Custom media cassette: 4.02 x 5.83 to 6.69 x 11.10 in
- Paper (bond, color, letterhead, plain, preprinted, prepunched, recycled, rough, light), envelopes, labels, cardstock, transparencies, shelf edge labels, user-defined
Supported media weight
- Multipurpose tray 1: 16 to 53 lb; Tray 2, optional 500-sheet input tray, optional Custom media cassette, optional 1500-sheet High-capacity input tray: 16 to 32 lb; Optional Envelope feeder: 20 to 28 lb; Optional Duplexer: 16 to 32 lb
Media weights by paper path
- Multipurpose tray 1: 60 to 200 g/m2; Tray 2, optional 500-sheet input tray, optional Custom media cassette, optional 1500-sheet High-capacity input tray: 60 to 120 g/m2; Optional Envelope feeder: 75 to 105 g/m2; Optional Duplexer: 60 to 120 g/m2
- 110-volt input voltage: 100 to 127 VAC (+/- 10%), 50/60 Hz (+/- 3 Hz); 220-volt input voltage: 220 to 240 VAC (+/- 10%), 50/60 Hz (+/- 3 Hz) (Not dual voltage, product varies by part number with # Option code identifier)
Print speed, black (normal)
- Up to 65 ppm
- Power requirements are based on the country/region where the printer is sold. Do not convert operating voltages. This will damage the printer and void the product warranty.
- 870 watts (Printing), 3.7 watts (Sleep), <0.1 watts (Manual Off), 0.7 watts (Auto-Off/Wake on LAN), <0.1 watts (Auto-Off/Manual On)
- Energy Star certified; Blue Angel; CECP; EPEAT Silver
Operating temperature range
- 59 to 89.6 deg. F
Operating humidity range
- 10 to 80% RH
Dimensions (W X D X H)
- 16.7 x 21.1 x 15.7 in
Dimensions Maximum (W X D X H)
- 16.7 x 33 x 22.5 in
- 57 lb
- 64.6 lb
What's in the box
- HP LaserJet M606dn Printer
- Pre-installed HP 81A Black Original LaserJet Toner Cartridge (Approx. 10,500 pages)
- Pre-installed HP Duplexer
- Installation guide
- Support flyer
- Printer documentation and software on CD-ROM
- Power cord
- No, please purchase USB cable separately.
- 1 year Next Business Day On Site
- Get 24-hour Internet support, and download software utilities and drivers.
- Windows OS: HP Software Installer/Uninstaller, HP PCL 6 Printer Driver, HP Device Experience (DXP), HP Update, Product Registration Assist, HP Web Services Assist (HP Connected), Online user manuals; Mac OS: Welcome Screen, (Directs users to HP.com or OS App Source for LaserJet Software), Setup Scan To Folder and Email
- FCC Class A emissions - for use in commercial environments, not residential environments