42" Class (42.0" Diagonal) LCD HDTV with TeleDock iPod Docking Station
For 2008 JVC's line-up of widescreen high definition flat panel displays bring a new dimension to home theater, imagine an LCD that you can playback your video content that you have downloaded to your iPod.
JVC can with a new feature called TeleDock, a built in dock that will not only playback and upconvert the content to 1080p but it will charge it too . Our line-up of panels was not only engineered to excite the most extreme audio visual enthusiasts, but also to influence the creative minds of the most discriminating home decorators.
The Competitive Advantage
- 42" Class (42.0" Diagonal) LCD HDTV with TeleDock iPod Docking Station
- 5 Point Color Management
- Dynamic Gamma Control
- 3D Y/C Digital Comb Filter w/Digital & MPEG NR
- ENERGY STAR Compliant
Key Convenience Features
- Special iPod Mini Mode
- No hassle HD with built-in ATSC tuner and Clear QAM
- USB Photo Viewer
- New Color Temperature Control: Cool/Natural/ Warm
- New unified remote with direct video input buttons
- 13 Selectable Aspect Modes
- New Bitmap Menus
- Smart Picture
- 13000:1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio
- 500cd/m2 Brightness
- 6.5msec Response Rate
- 176 Viewing Angle
Key Picture Detailing Features
- Natural Cinema (3-2 Pull Down)
- Black Level Expansion
- Color Management System
- 4 Video Status Modes (Standard/Game/Theater/Dynamic)
- 20 Watts Total Audio Power
- Oblique Cone Speakers
- New OmniSurround with preset listening modes
- New Equalizer presets: Speech/Jazz/Classic/Rock/User (choice)
Inputs & Outputs
- 3 HDMI w/HDCP Digital Video Inputs (60i/60p)
- 2 Component Video Inputs
- USB Input for Photo Viewer
- S-Video & 2 AV Inputs
- Optical Digital Audio Output
- Fixed Audio Output
5 Point color Management
Because of our exclusive 5 Point Color Management System, JVC LCD televisions produce color that is realistic and pure no matter what you are watching.
By anticipating which colors typically interfere with others and proactively preventing them from doing so, JVC color is simply superb.
Superior Gamma Controlling & Detailing
Another key reason behind JVC's superior imagery is that the gamma control is far better than that which typically goes into an LCD TV. This circuit actively detects areas of darker data, even in motion, and preserves the tonal details and gradations with those areas so that they remain rich with detail and never appear muddied.
Superior Picture Reproduction Overall
A central challenge to any High Definition TV is noise reduction because noise is an inherent part of broadcasts and videos, especially on older sources. Noise reduction is an area where the LT-42P789 excels because it incorporate special filters and circuits to take care of every kind of noise.
Digital Video Noise Reduction detects and stabilizes digital video noise to reduce any graininess. Its "real time" detection of noise provides for intelligent control and improved noise reduction for an overall smoother image. An added adaptive processor for the DVD input insures that all your video sources are noise free.
A 3D Y/C Digital Comb Filter w/Cross Color Eliminator detects and reduces embedded dot and color interference from digital broadcast and component signals for crystal clear images.
Natural Progressive Technology is an I/P scaling technology that smooths images. Natural Progressive works by insuring total focus in areas that normally blur, such as where fast movement and where skewed lines exist, so images are always smooth.
Natural Cinema (3-2 Pull Down) Technology is an edge smoothing circuit that samples and compensates for the jagged edges commonly found in videos that were converted from film. This filter is especially helpful with movies on DVD
13 Selectable Aspect Modes
Broadcasts vary and so do people's preferences as to how their shows look best on the screen. Some individuals don't mind black bars, others find them annoying. JVC gives viewers the power to refill the screen eight different ways:
- Cinema Zoom mode zooms in on an HD 16:9 image eliminating the surrounding "picture frame".
- Panorama Zoom mode stretches an HD 4:3 image from the edges to fill the 16:9 screen and eliminates side bars.
- Full mode HD makes no adjustment to the incoming signal. 16:9 broadcasts will fill the screen perfectly with no distortion (in HD).
- Slim mode detects signal modes that are broadcast as 16:9 but are actually 4:3 and corrects them to display properly (in HD).
- Cinema mode zooms in on a 4:3 image, fitting it to the entire 16:9 viewing area (in SD).
- Panorama mode stretches a normal 4:3 aspect to fill the 16:9 viewing area (in SD).
- Full mode stretches the image from the center to fill the screen (in SD).
- Regular mode makes no adjustment to the incoming signal. 4:3 broadcasts will have side bars. (in SD).
Convenient Direct Video Inputs
The new remote control, controls your TV and lets you easily navigate the menu system.
Direct access buttons to some of the most commonly used menu features such as SOUND, VIDEO STATUS, and the SLEEP TIMER make it quick and easy to change your settings.
Best of all, new direct input buttons for each of your five video inputs are a great convenience, too.
USB Photo Viewer
The USB photo viewer enables you to turn your television into a slideshow! Connect your JVC Everio Digital Media Recorder or other compatible device and show your recent JPEG photos to your entire audience
Complete Sound Package
With 20W total audio power, these models generate superb sound. On this model, JVC's original bass-reflex oblique cone speakers situated on the bottom of the TV deliver sound upwards from their off-centered voice coil to reduce distortion and optimize sound quality for anyone sitting in front of the television.
|Diagonal Screen Size ||42" Class Full LCD HDTV|
|Cabinet Color ||Black|
|Resolution ||1920 x 1080 (W-XGA)|
|Contrast Ratio ||13000:1|
|Response Rate ||6.5msec || |
|Viewing Angle ||176 Degrees|
|ATSC Tuner Built-in w/QAM ||Yes|
|5 Point Color Management ||Yes|
|Motion Adaptive Dynamic Gamma ||Yes|
|Natural Cinema (3-2 Pull Down) ||Yes|
|3D Y/C Digital Comb Filter ||Yes|
|9 Selectable Aspect Modes ||Yes|
|USB Photo Viewer ||Yes|
|TeleDock iPod Docking Station ||Yes|
|Total Audio Power ||20W|
|Speakers ||Oblique Cone x 2|
|Smart Sound ||Yes|
|INPUTS & OUTPUTS|
|HDMI Inputs w/HDCP ||3|
|Smart Video Input ||1|
|Component Video Inputs ||2|
|Composite & S-Video Inputs ||2 AV / 1 S|
|Audio Output ||1 (Fixed)|
|Optical Digital Audio Output ||1|
|Panel (WxHxD) in. ||40 x 26 3/4 x 4 3/4|
|Panel w/Stand (WxHxD) in. ||40 x 29 x 4 3/4|
|Panel weight ||52.8 lbs.|
|Panel w/Stand weight ||57.2 lbs.|
|VESA Compliant ||Yes|
|ENERGY STAR Compliant ||Yes|