Lensbaby 3G is the hybrid love child of an old fashioned bellows camera and an up-tight tilt-shift lens. Lensbaby 3G is for photographers who want precise focus control, longer exposures, and repeatability. With Lensbaby 3G you can lock the lens in place by pressing a button on the focusing collar. Then you can fine focus, using a traditional barrel focusing ring. When working with dynamic subject matter you can also shoot quickly without locking the lens.
Lensbaby 3G features a low dispersion, high refractive index, multi-coated optical glass doublet and delivers images with a tack sharp sweet spot and minimal diffusion even at the f/2 aperture setting. Lensbaby 3G uses a system of magnetically levitating aperture disks, allowing aperture settings from f/2 to f22.
Focus your Lensbaby 3G by compressing the lens with your fingers until your subject comes into focus. With your subject in focus, you can move the sweet spot of sharp focus around the photo by bending the lens.
When the sweet spot is sharp and placed where you want, press the Locking Button on the Focusing Collar to lock your Lensbaby 3G into place. Then you can make precise adjustments to your focus by rotating the Fine Focusing Ring, just like a manual focus lens. You can also precisely change the sweet spot's placement by rotating the metal rods.
- Multi-coated optical glass doublet (same optic as Lensbaby 2.0)
- Focal Length: about 50 mm
- Focus Type: Manual/Fingertip with 2 additional types of fine focusing
- Aperture Type: interchangeable levitating aperture disks
- Apertures: f/2, f/2.8, f/4, f/5.6, f/8, f/11, f/16, f/22
- Minimum Focus: about 12" (30 cm)
- Maximum Focus: infinity
- Size: 3" (7.6 cm) h x 3.25" (9 cm) w
- Weight: 5.7oz (161.59g)
- No electronic communication between the lens and the camera body
- Available for Canon EF (EOS), Nikon F, Minolta Maxxum/Sony Alpha A, Pentax K/Samsung GX, Olympus E1/Panasonic Lumix DMC, and Leica R cameras
- Automatic light metering is possible by shooting in aperture priority mode for almost all digital and film SLR camera bodies except certain Nikon bodies including the D40, D50, D70, D70S, D80, D100, N50, N55, N65, N70, N75, N80, Kodak 14N and ProN, and Fuji S1, S2, and S3.