Maximize your mini
iPad mini is packed with everything Apple knows about tablet computing. And, fre for iPad mini is built with everything LifeProof knows about tablet protection.
LifeProof fre defends your mini from dunks, drops and day-to-day dangers in a case that's barely there. In fact, LifeProof fre for iPad mini is so slim and sleek, you won't even notice it's there - until you're glad it is!
Like iPad mini, fre is small on size and big on features. With enhanced sound, CrystalClear optics and full access to every function and feature, it's the smaller, smarter case for the smaller, smarter iPad.
The Proof is in the Protection
A sleek profile, barely-there screen cover, optical-glass lens, removable shoulder strap, enhanced speaker port, full device function and LifeProof's legendary four-proof protection. It's everything you expect from a LifeProof case and more - made just for your mini.
Small size. Big features.
A case worthy of iPad mini
At 16 mm thin and 130 grams light, fre for iPad mini truly is mini. It barely adds to the weight and profile of your tablet, yet adds a level of protection, functionality and beauty not found in any other all-protective case available.
Unseen Screen Protection
Invisible to the eye and the touch.
The screen cover on fre for iPad mini is so thin and clear, you barely notice it. That way, when you're thumbing magazines, watching videos, getting in some FaceTime with friends or browsing the web, you never miss a beat - or a pixel.
The Sights. The Sounds.
See and hear - loud and clear.
iPad mini is equipped with highly advanced cameras and speakers. So, we designed fre to bring out the best in each. Our CrystalClear lenses use anti-reflective optical glass. Our dynamic Sound Enhancement System pumps the full sound spectrum. And, the easy-access headphone jack lets you rock out without rocking the boat.
Everyday. Everywhere. Everything.
Your iPad's protected, connected and in the loop.
With fre, your iPad mini is no longer confined to safe environs of the living room. It can handle the hazards that come with life's adventures - and misadventures. And, the included shoulder strap keeps mini by your side. LifeProof eliminates the worry, so you can live and share the action at hand.
LifeProof fre is designed to work seamlessly with your iPad mini. We considered every feature and function to make it works just as Apple designed it - in ways and places you never imagined.
- Design: The thinnest, lightest, toughest, most advanced tablet case ever made
- Function: Complete access to every function, button, control and port
- Style: Transparent back showcases Apple's brilliant design
- Optics: CrystalClear optical-glass lens ensures distortion-free photography
- The Four Proofs: Water proof, dirt proof, snow proof and shock proof seals on all ports, plugs and buttons
- Sound: Enhanced speaker ports deliver maximum acoustic output and clarity
- Profile: Slim, sleek silhouette stays true to the iPad mini's thin design and precision lines
- Materials: Crafted from the most advanced materials available for optimal protection, lasting durability and smart style
- Technology: Packed with everything we already knew about device protection, plus everything we needed to invent, imagine and create to make it better
- Extras: Included removable shoulder strap keeps mini by your side
With LifeProof, you're free to use your iPad mini everyday, everywhere for everything.
- Water Proof (Fully submerge down to 6.6' / 2m for up to an hour)
- Dirt Proof (Totally sealed from minute dirt & dust particles)
- Snow Proof (Fully enclosed to keep melting sleet, snow & ice out)
- Shock Proof (Designed to military specifications to survive a 6.6' / 2m drop)
fre is the thinnest, lightest, most functional all-protective iPad mini case ever created. It's tested to meet stringent specifications - and to exceed your expectations.
Your case includes a removable shoulder strap so you can keep mini secure and by your side. And, the built-in accessory anchor ports accept an array of custom iPad mini accessories - all made by LifeProof, for LifeProof.
Every Single Case Water Tested
To give you the confidence to use your iPhone 5 everyday, everywhere for everything, Lifeproof water tests every case they make. Then, they go to an independent agency for more testing, including a second water test on randomly selected cases. Only cases that pass are shipped. At LifeProof, they use their cases everyday for everything, and if they trust ?em, you can too!
- 8.5" x 5.8" x 0.6" / 215.9 mm x 147.6 mm x 15.9 mm
- 4.64 oz / 131.54 g
- Fully submergible to 6.6' / 2 m for 1 hour
- Sealed from dirt & dust particles - meets or exceeds IP-68 Ingress Protection Rating
- Sealed from snow & ice - meets or exceeds IP-68 Ingress Protection Rating
- Withstands drops from 4' / 1.2 m - meets or exceeds MIL STD 810F-516
Designed to meet or exceed these specifications:
Military Standard 810F-516 - MIL STD 810F is the standard that addresses a broad range of environmental conditions, with MIL STD 810F-516 being the section of the standard that is specific to functional drop.
This standard requires that the item can physically and functionally withstand the relatively infrequent, non-repetitive shocks encountered in handling, transportation, and service environments. This may include an assessment of the overall material system integrity for safety purposes in any one or all of the handling, transportation, and service environments.
IP-68 - IEL 60529 is the standard for Ingress Protection from water and dust for enclosures. IP-68 is the most rigorous classification in this specification.
The first characteristic number describes protection from solid foreign objects. An enclosure with a characteristic number of 6 can withstand exposure to circulating talcum powder for 8 hours with no dust ingress after that period.
The second characteristic number describes protection against water. An enclosure with a characteristic number of 8 exceeds all other water protection levels and is specified by the manufacturer. For LifeProof, number 8 signifies LifeProof cases will withstand immersion in water to a depth of 6.6 feet / 2 meters for 1 hour.