Nikon AF-S VR NIKKOR 200MM F/2G IF-ED Lens
The AF-S VR Nikkor 200mm f/2G IF-ED lens was specially developed for use with both Nikon digital and film SLR cameras.
An important addition to the range of Nikkor ED lenses, the AF-S VR Nikkor 200mm f/2G IF-ED is crafted from Super ED glass - a significant new material that is more resilient than typical fluorite lenses and offers class-above optical qualities with exceptional consistency even at large apertures. With an ideal combination of Vibration Reduction (VR) technology and fast f/2.0 aperture, the AF-S VR Nikkor 200mm f/2G IF-ED is designed to offer photographers razor sharp images in the most demanding situations.
The AF-S VR Nikkor 200mm f/2G IF-ED has a myriad of applications for all kinds of photographers. Many will find uses for its expressive quality of emphasizing subjects in portraits by rendering background elements completely out of focus, while others will use it for its large aperture, superb clarity and immense potential with VR technology for shooting in low light conditions or from moving platforms. This new lens lives up to Nikon's heritage as one of the finest optical manufacturing companies in the world.
Super-ED Glass for Superb Clarity - Nikon's Super ED glass elements excel at correcting chromatic aberration and eliminating secondary spectrum to produce outstanding image resolution and clarity. While the optical properties of this new glass closely resemble those of fluorite, Super ED glass is more resilient to rapid temperature changes (thermal shock) and not as susceptible to cracking as the crystal structure of fluorite. Super ED glass also boasts a higher refractive index than fluorite, making it highly capable of correcting aberrations other than chromatic aberration. It also demonstrates less change in optical characteristics than fluorite when exposed to severe temperature variance, ensuring consistent performance even under extremely harsh shooting conditions. Additionally, the unique composition of Super ED glass ensures consistency in optical properties and performance, enabling applications in a variety of lenses including those with very large apertures.
Intelligent Design - The AF-S VR Nikkor 200mm f/2G IF-ED lens incorporates clever new features that are placed within comfortable reach of photographers' natural grip, helping them keep their eye on the subject. A switch located on the bottom of the lens gives swift access to the AF-L (Autofocus-Lock) function, which allows a desired focus position to be easily preset. The same switch can also be used to access the AF-ON function enabling photographers to achieve more subjective focus with fine manual manipulation. The switch can also activate the lens to revert back to the preset focus position whenever desired.
Vibration Reduction Technology - With a maximum aperture of f/2, the AF-S VR Nikkor 200mm f/2G IF-ED is a very fast lens that when combined with the advantages of VR technology, offers photographers remarkable shooting capabilities that may not have been previously possible. Nikon's advanced VR technology eliminates image blur caused by camera shake, particularly when shooting in low-light conditions, allowing photographers to use shutter speeds up to three stops slower than they would ordinarily use to get sharp, well exposed images. VR performance is further augmented in the AF-S VR Nikkor 200mm f/2G IF-ED by a VR selection switch that enables photographers to choose between two different VR modes to best suit the subject at hand - Normal mode is ideal for most common shooting conditions, panning, and use in combination with a tripod. Active mode, as its name suggests, is better suited to conditions involving more movement, such as shooting from a moving vehicle or platform.
- Fast f/2.0 capability which effectively allows subjects to be given more emphasis by throwing background elements out of focus
- Exclusive Silent Wave Motor enables ultra-high speed autofocusing with exceptional accuracy and powerful super-quiet operation.
- VR operation offers the equivalent of using a shutter speed 3 stops faster. In addition, active vibration mode selection possible for use in active situations such as a moving boat, car or plane
- New Super ED glass excels at eliminating secondary spectrum and correcting chromatic aberration and offers low refractive index and lower dispersion.
- Also Super ED Glass is more resilient to rapid temperature changes
- M/A mode enables instant switching from autofocus to manual with virtually no lag time even during AF servo operation
- VR performance with Automatic detection of panning
- VR On/Off mode available
- Internal Focusing (IF) design for smoother focusing.
- Electronic Focus Preset Operation
- Rounded diaphragm blades (9 blades) for natural blur.
- High Performance Nikon Super Integrated Coating offers superior color reproduction and minimizes ghost and flare.
- New G design enables aperture selection from select 35mm AF SLR and DSLR camera bodies and incorporates distance information for flash and ambient light exposure processes
- Fully compatible with Nikon TC-14E II, TC-17E II, and TC-20E II Teleconverters
- Focuses as close as 6.2 feet
|Focal length: ||200mm|
|Maximum aperture: ||f/2.0|
|Minimum aperture: ||f/22|
|Lens construction: ||13 elements in 19 groups; 3 ED glass elements; 1 Super ED glass element; 1 protective glass (Meniscus).|
|Picture angle: ||12 degrees 20 minutes|
|Minimum reproduction ratio: ||6.2 ft. (1.9m)|
|Maximum Reproduction Ratio: ||1/8.1|
|Diaphragm Blades: ||9 (rounded)|
|Focus Limiter Switch: ||2-Stage Switch: Full (infinity - 6.2ft); Limit (infinity - 16.4ft)|
|Tripod Socket: ||360 degrees Rotating control with positioning markings (90 degrees)|
|Filter attachment size: ||52mm|
|Focus method: ||Approximately 25.7 oz/ 730 g.|
|Vibration Reduction: ||Equivalent of shooting at a shutter speed three stops faster. Active mode for large vibration, tripod vibration reduction. Automatic detection of panning.|
|Dimensions (diameter x length): ||4.9 x 8.0 in. (124 x 203mm) |
|Weight: ||approx. 6.4 lbs.|
|Included accessories: ||HK-31 Hood, CL-L1 Case, LN-1 Strap, 52mm filter holder, lens cover, rear cap|
|Nikon USA Warranty: ||5 Years|