- 70-300mm super-telephoto zoom power brings faraway subjects within reach
- Capture sports, wildlife, concerts, landmarks and more with phenomenal clarity and precision
- Superb optics and telephoto field of view are great for stills and HD video
- Ultra-fast, near silent autofocus powered by a new pulse motor (utilizing stepping motors)
Far away has never been closer.
Uncover exciting new photo and video opportunities with this powerful yet lightweight super-telephoto zoom lens. Optimized for compact DX-format DSLRs, the AF-P DX NIKKOR 70-300mm f/4.5-6.3G ED picks up where your 18-55mm lens leaves off to bring distant action within reach. Capture sports, wildlife, concerts, landmarks - any faraway subjects - with phenomenal clarity and precision. But the AF-P DX NIKKOR 70-300mm f/4.5-6.3G ED isn't just about getting closer. Its superb optics and telephoto field of view produce beautiful portraits with softly blurred backgrounds, and its near-silent autofocus pulse motor (utilizing stepping motors) makes it a great choice for HD video recording.
Portable super-telephoto power - Versatile 70 - 300mm focal length
The AF-P DX NIKKOR 70-300mm f/4.5-6.3G ED is a phenomenal second lens and picks up where your 18-55mm lens leaves off. Compact and lightweight yet with a powerful zoom, it will help bring the most distant subjects into focus. Capture stunning close-ups of sports, wildlife, concerts, school events and so much more.
Outstanding Nikon image quality
Unleash the potential of your camera's high-resolution sensor. The AF-P DX NIKKOR 70-300mm f/4.5-6.3G ED features the superb optics and advanced technology used on Nikon's high-end lenses. Your photos and videos will have rich, vibrant colors, deep contrast, minimal distortion and beautiful soft backgrounds, even in less than ideal conditions.
Smooth, fast autofocus
The AF-P DX NIKKOR 70-300mm f/4.5-6.3G ED uses a pulse motor (utilizing stepping motors) that focuses extremely fast and is nearly silent. Bring subjects into focus instantly with absolute precision. When recording video, smoothly shift focus from subject to subject with practically no drive noise.
- Mount Type: Nikon F-Bayonet
- Focal Length Range: 70 - 300 mm
- Zoom Ratio: 4.3 x
- Maximum Aperture: f/ 4.5-6.3
- Minimum Aperture: f/ 32
- Format: DX
- Maximum Angle of View (DX-format): 22 degrees 50'
- Minimum Angle of View (DX-format): 5 degrees 20'
- Maximum Reproduction Ratio: 0.22 x
- Lens Elements: 14
- Lens Groups: 10
- Optical Conversion Factor: 1.5x
- Compatible Format(s): DX, FX in DX Crop Mode
- Diaphragm Blades: 7
- Distance Information: Yes
- ED Glass Elements: 1
- Super Integrated Coating: Yes
- Autofocus: Yes, Autofocus controlled by stepping motor; separate focus ring for manual focus
- AF-P (Pulse Motor): Yes
- Minimum Focus Distance: 3.7 ft. ( 1.1 m), from focal plane at all zoom positions
- Focus Mode: Auto/Manual
- G-type: Yes
- Filter Size: 58 mm
- Accepts Filter Type: Screw-on
- Approx. Dimensions (Diameter x Length): 2.8 in. (72 mm) x 4.9 in. (125 mm), distance from camera lens mount flange
- Approx. Weight: 14.2 oz. (400 g)