The COOLPIX P4 offers 8.1 effective megapixels of image resolution delivering outstanding imaging power that?s enough to show beautiful skin texture and capture the myriad colours of the human eye, while staying breathtakingly clear even when significantly enlarged. It incorporates a high-quality 3.5x Zoom-Nikkor lens with a focal range equivalent to that of a 36-126mm lens in 35mm format.
Nikon COOLPIX P4 Feature Highlights
The COOLPIX P4 features the VR (Vibration Reduction) system originally developed for Nikon SLR cameras. Comprising two modes, it allows selection of VR Normal mode that compensates for the minor camera movement commonly encountered when taking handheld shots, and VR Active mode that compensates for more pronounced movements, such as when shooting from a moving vehicle. Providing a shooting experience akin to shooting at shutter speeds three stops faster, it enables photographers to shoot without blurring in lower light, keeps subjects clear when panning, and also helps support faster framing on the LCD. What?s more, the benefits of VR (Normal mode) assurance also extend to movie shooting so users can capture action with welcome stability.
Advanced imaging features
The COOLPIX P4 offers a range of imaging capabilities extending beyond the norm. Covering a broader area of the frame, 11 wide-area AF achieves better results in more diverse compositions ? leaving photographers free to concentrate on the shot while the camera automatically achieves superior, sharp focus. Advanced Scene modes allow photographers to produce pictures better suited to their own personal tastes ? offering a choice of three effects that vary brightness, color intensity, sharpness, noise reduction and more so that the same scene can be captured to convey entirely different moods. The COOLPIX P4 also offers the versatility of Aperture-priority Auto mode, which gives photographers control over aperture while the camera automatically selects the optimal corresponding shutter speeds, so users can choose larger apertures to achieve attractive background blur, for example, or select a smaller aperture to extend sharp detail into the distance.
Features for in-camera image correction
The COOLPIX P4 features a selection of three Nikon innovations that give the photographer the ability to actually improve the quality of images in-camera. The Face-priority AF function has the ability to cleverly locate the presence of human faces in the frame and then provide optimized focus accordingly for sharper portraits time after time. In-Camera Red-Eye Fix helps to eradicate the annoying red-eye effect that can sometimes be encountered during flash photography by detecting red eyes in the shot and compensating automatically. There?s also D-Lighting, which can improve underexposed images or shots taken with too much back light by creating a copy of a selected image with light and detail automatically added wherever necessary and well-exposed areas left exactly as they are.
Nikon COOLPIX P4 Features and Specifications:
- Direct printing with PictBridge-compatible printers via USB cable
- Macro Mode lets users compose as close as 4cm from the subject
- Noise Reduction produces better results when shooting in low light
- Time zone function enables the camera clock to be set to local time, anywhere in the world
- 4x digital zoom extends compositional freedom
- Continuous shooting at up to 1.8fps
- Shoot movies with sound, with a choice of three modes offering up to 30fps performance.
- Time-lapse movie mode uses pictures shot with the Interval timer shooting function to create a movie in which the action appears speeded up
- On-screen histogram provides analytical assistance for exposure. It displays shadow levels on the left and highlight levels on the right of the large LCD, so users can avoid under- and overexposure before they even press the shutter.
- 9 Advanced Scene modes and 7 Scene modes help photographers capture a single scene with entirely different moods through the use of three effects that vary brightness, colour intensity, sharpness, noise reduction and more.
- Aperture-priority Auto mode lets photographers benefit from aperture control in 1/3EV steps while the camera automatically selects the most appropriate shutter speed for optimized exposure.
- Choice of White Balance: Auto with TTL control, 7-mode manual (Direct sunlight, Incandescent, Fluorescent, Cloudy, Shade, Flash and White Bal. Preset)
- Voice memo appends 20 seconds of audio to a selected photograph
- USB connectivity enables fast data transfer to computers and other peripheral
- Battery Charger MH-61 supplied
- 23MB (approx.) of internal memory, SD Card compatibility
- BSS (Best Shot Selector) identifies and saves the sharpest image automatically from ten sequential shots
- Date Search function makes it easy to locate a desired shot
- Menu available in a choice of 20 languages:
Simplified Chinese/Traditional Chinese/Korean/Russian/Thai/
- Rechargeable EN-EL5 Li-ion Battery (supplied) can shoot approx . 200 shots on a single charge
- Highly compact dimensions of (W x H x D) 3.6 x 2.4 x 1.2 in. excluding projections
- Carry-anywhere light weight of approx. 5.6 oz. (without battery and SD memory card)