- High-performance NIKKOR lens
- EXPEED C2 image-processing system
- 6.7 cm/2.7-in., approx. 230k-dot LCD monitor
- Leave a message (Records two voice messages)
- Make photo albums function
- Restrict Image Deletion (Image lock)
- Waterproofing-related messages
Family life is full of fun, laughter and sometimes a few bumps and bruises. The COOLPIX S33 is the camera designed to withstand what your family throws at it. Waterproof, shockproof and freezeproof?, it's ideal for the beach, the pool, skiing, amusement parks and other bumpy adventures. Oversized buttons and easy menus mean everyone can have a turn taking photos and Full HD videos. You can even create fun slideshows with sound right in the camera! The COOLPIX S33 is non-stop family fun.
Waterproof, shockproof and freezeproof
The COOLPIX S33 can go underwater down to 33 feet deep, withstand drops of up to 5 feet and can play in the snow at temperatures as cold as 14 degrees F, so even the rough conditions won't stop you from recording precious memories. Safe to take to the beach, pool, playground and any place fit for family fun - you can always get a great shot of the action.
Oversized buttons and easy menus
Taking great photos and videos with the COOLPIX S33 is so easy, everyone can have a turn using the camera. Its oversized buttons are friendly to hands of all sizes, and you won't have to adjust any settings to get great shots - just point and shoot and let the camera do the rest. This is a camera designed with the whole family in mind.
Full HD 1080p videos with stereo sound
With the touch of a button, the COOLPIX S33 becomes a versatile HD video camera. Record the sights and sounds as Full HD 1080p video with stereo sound you can enjoy for years to come. Add fun effects like Miniature, and make an entire scene look like a toy model. Then connect to an HDTV with the optional HDMI cable and enjoy your creations with the whole family.
3x wide-angle NIKKOR glass zoom lens gets you closer to the action
Every COOLPIX is designed around a genuine NIKKOR glass lens, the legendary optics that have helped make Nikon famous. The COOLPIX S33's 3x optical zoom lens goes from wide-angle, great for portraits and landscapes, all the way up to telephoto, great for closeups of sports, concerts, nature and more. When you need even more reach, zoom up to 3x with optical zoom and 6x with Dynamic Fine Zoom, an enhanced digital zoom function that effectively doubles your reach.
13.2-MP CMOS sensor for exceptional image quality and enhanced low-light performance
Create truly exceptional photos and Full HD 1080p videos with the COOLPIX S33. Its high-performance NIKKOR glass lens is paired with a 13.2-megapixel CMOS low-light image sensor for superior image quality, versatility and low-light performance. Your shots will impress even you.
- Effective Pixels: 13.2 million (Image processing may reduce the number of effective pixels.)
- Image Sensor: 1/3.1-in. type CMOS, Total pixels: approx. 14.17 million
- Lens: NIKKOR lens with 3x optical zoom
- Focal Length: 4.1-12.3 mm (angle of view equivalent to that of 30-90 mm lens in 35mm  format)
- Maximum Aperture: f/3.3-5.9
- Construction: 6 elements in 5 groups
- Digital Zoom Magnification: Up to 4x (angle of view equivalent to that of approx. 360 mm lens in 35mm  format)
- Vibration Reduction: Electronic VR (movies)
- Motion Blur Reduction: Electronic VR (still images)
- Focus Range: [W]: Approx. 5 cm (2 in.) to infinity; [T]: Approx. 50 cm (1 ft 8 in.) to infinity; Shoot close-ups, Photograph food, Shoot under water, Mirror, Add a bubble effect, Add a neon effect, Add a cartoon effect, Take soft pictures, Create a diorama effect, Shoot a movie miniature, Highlight colors: Approx. 5 cm (2 in.) (wide-angle position) to infinity (All distances measured from center of front surface of the protective glass)
- Focus-Area Selection: Center, face detection, target finding AF
- Monitor: 6.7 cm (2.7-in.), approx. 230k-dot TFT LCD with anti-reflection coating and 5-level brightness adjustment
- Media: SD , SDHC , SDXC; Internal memory (approx. 25 MB)
- File System: DCF and Exif 2.3 compliant
- File Formats: Still images: JPEG; Voice messages: WAV; Movies: MOV (Video: H.264/MPEG-4 AVC, Audio: PCM stereo)
- Image Size (Pixels): 13 megapixels [4160 x 3120]; 4 megapixels [2272 x 1704]; 2 megapixels [1600 x 1200]
- ISO Sensitivity (Standard Output Sensitivity): ISO 125-1600
- Metering Method: Matrix, center-weighted (digital zoom less than 2x), spot (digital zoom 2x or more)
- Exposure Modes: Programmed auto exposure and exposure compensation (-2.0 - +2.0 EV in steps of 1 EV)
- Shutter Type: Mechanical and CMOS electronic shutter
- Shutter Speed: 1/2000 - 1 s; 4 s (Choose a style is set to Photograph fireworks)
- Range (Rpprox.) (ISO sensitivity: Auto): [W]: 0.3-3.1 m (1-10 ft); [T]: 0.6-1.7 m (2 ft-5 ft 6 in.)
- Control: TTL auto flash with monitor preflashes
- USB Connector: Micro-USB connector, Hi-Speed USB (Do not use any USB cable other than the UC-E21 for Micro-USB connector. Supports Direct Print (PictBridge))
- HDMI Output Connector: HDMI micro connector (Type D)
- Supported Languages for Camera Menus: Arabic, Bengali, Bulgarian, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Marathi, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese (European and Brazilian), Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Spanish, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Power Source: One Rechargeable Li-ion Battery EN-EL19 (included); AC Adapter EH-62G (available separately)
- Battery Life of Still Shooting: Approx. 220 shots when using EN-EL19
- Tripod Socket: 1/4 (ISO 1222)
- Dimensions (WxHxD): Approx. 109.5 x 67.0 x 37.6 mm ( 4.4 x 2.7 x 1.5 in.) (excluding projections)
- Weight: Approx. 180 g ( 6.3 oz ) (including battery and memory card)