From the solid feel and comfortable wrap-around grip of its stylish and compact stainless steel body to its large, easy-access control buttons, the COOLPIX S500 is an absolute joy to carry and a pleasure to shoot with. Achieving sharp results in low light or unsteady conditions is made easier thanks to a Lens Shift Vibration Reduction image stabilization system that remains active the whole time you are shooting, and a light sensitivity range that extends up to ISO 2000. This camera powers up and is ready to shoot within 0.8 seconds, and the shutter releases in less than 0.005 seconds. With all functions optimized for immediate response, the COOLPIX S500 sets you freer than ever before to capture special moments as and when you experience them. This camera is produced in silver.
- 7.1 megapixel resolution means detailed images that stay sharp even when significantly enlarged. 3x Zoom-Nikkor lens covering the key photographic range of 35-105mm (35mm equivalent).
- Lens Shift Vibration Reduction (VR) image stabilization system counters the effects of camera shake to produce sharp images and movies, and deliver clear images in lower light. Active the entire time the camera is switched on, sensors in the VR lens unit detect camera movement and make precise automatic adjustments to reduce image blur in your images and movies as well as on the camera?s LCD monitor.
- High-quality, durable compact stainless steel body, with comfortable wrap?around grip for ease of use.
- Light sensitivity of up to ISO 2000 reduces the risk of blurry images when you shoot fast-moving subjects or take pictures in low-light situations. For more challenging light situations you can activate High-Sensitivity mode and let the camera select the best setting from ISO 50 to ISO 1000, or you can set it up as high as ISO 2000 manually.
- Large 2.5? LCD monitor with anti-reflection coating simplifies image composition and playback.
- Rotary multi-selector enhances easy operation.
- Anti-Shake mode counters the effects of camera shake and subject movement by simultaneously activating Lens Shift VR, High-Sensitivity mode and Best Shot Selector, which lets you select the sharpest shot from up to 10 sequential shots.
- One-touch portrait
Effective pixels: 7.1 million
Imaging sensor: 1/2.5-in CCD; approx 7.38 million total pixels
Lens: 3x Zoom-Nikkor; 5.7-17.1mm (35mm  format picture angle: 35-105mm); f/2.8-4.7; 5 elements in 5 groups; digital zoom: up to 4x (35mm  format picture angle: 420mm)
Focus range (from lens): 1ft 8in (50cm) to infinity. Macro close-up mode: 5.9in (15cm) to infinity
Monitor: 2.5-in, 230,000-dot TFT LCD with anti-reflection coating
Storage media: Internal memory (approx 26MB), SD/SDHC memory cards optional
Movie: With sound: TV movie (640) at 30fps, small size (320) at 30fps/15fps, smaller size (160) at 15fps; without sound: time-lapse movie at 30fps, stop-motion movie
Image size (pixels): 3072 x 2304 (High: 3072*/Normal: 3072), 2592 x 1944 (Normal: 2592), 2048 x 1536 (Normal: 2048), 1024 x 768 (PC: 1024), 640 x 480 (TV: 640), 3072 x 1728 (16:9)
Vibration Reduction (VR): Optical lens shift VR (Image Stabilization)
ISO sensitivity: ISO 50, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 2000, Auto (auto gain ISO 50-1000)
Built-in flash: Range: (W) 1ft. 8 in. to 24 ft. 7 in. (0.5 to 7.5m), (T) 1 ft. 8 in. to 13 ft. 1 in. (0.5 to 4.0m)
Supported languages: Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Czech, Danish, Dutch, German, English, Finnish, French, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai
Power sources: Rechargeable Li-ion Battery EN-EL10 (supplied), AC Adapter EH-62D (optional)
Battery life: Approx. 180 shots with EN-EL10 battery (based on CIPA standard)
Dimensions (W x H x D): Approx. 3.5 x 2.0 x 0.9 in. (88 x 51 x 22mm) excluding projections
Weight: Approx. 4.4 oz. (125 g) without battery and SD memory card
PictureProject System Requirements: OS: Macintosh: Mac(R) OS X version 10.3.9; 10.4.x, Windows: Windows(R) Vista (32 bit), Windows(R)XP Home Edition/Professional, Windows(R) 2000 Professional pre-installed models