- 10.2 effective megapixels - 10.2 megapixel CCD sensor offers superior image resolution with maximum control over noise.
- Ultra-compact, lightweight design - One of the smallest and lightest available designs makes the K2000 perfect for spontaneity. Easy one-handed operation with a comfortable carrying weight makes transitioning from a point and shoot trouble-free.
- PENTAX Auto Picture - Expect the right exposures with the settings you want. Auto Picture mode automatically calculates photographic factors to pick the best picture mode, optimizing the camera settings for any situation.
- Scene modes - Ten intuitive Scene modes offer point-and-shoot ease by further optimizing the camera for common situations and subjects.
- 2.7 inch LCD monitor - A 2.7 inch high-resolution, wide-view LCD monitor beautifully displays your pictures, and provides intuitive, easy-to-read menus.
- PENTAX-developed body-based Shake Reduction - With body-based Shake Reduction, the PENTAX SLR system will stabilize your shots, providing maximum flexibility with no compromise in optical quality. It increases your handheld shooting shutter speed range by 2.5 to 4 stops for blur-free pictures, and is compatible with every PENTAX lens ever produced.
- Help Button - Leave the manual at home. The dedicated and reprogrammable Help Button on the K2000 is like having a built-in user?s guide. It clearly explains camera settings to ease the transition from compact photography to DSLR mastery.
- Dust Alert function - Dust Reduction and Dust Alert features eliminate the need for time-consuming retouching by minimizing dust and determining if and where any dust remains after the system is activated.
- Pentax Real IMage Engine (PRIME) - PRIME image processing engine maximizes image properties and allows custom adjustment of image parameters, such as truer color tones, a wider dynamic range, and natural-looking high ISO images.
- Full backward lens compatibility - PENTAX has manufactured over 25 million lenses in the last six decades; all DSLR bodies offer backward compatibility with every one.* Whichever lens is used, whether a most recent lens or a classic screwmount, it will faithfully capture the image desired.
*With adapter for screwmount and 645/67 lenses.
- Custom IMage modes - Custom IMage modes, with six preset options, offer superior control of how the PRIME processor develops images, and can be further modified to meet your needs. Get beautifully processed images in any shooting condition.
- AA battery compatibility - Approximately 1,650 images can be taken when using AA size lithium batteries due to their energy-saving design. (Four Energizer lithium batteries are included with each camera.) Plus, AA power can be found anywhere in the world.
- MODEL: K2000
- TYPE: Digital SLR
- Type: Interline interlace CCD with primary color filter and integrated Shake/Dust Reduction sensor movement system
- Size: 23.5 x 15.7mm
- Color depth: 8 bits/channel JPG, 12 bits/channel RAW
- Effective pixels: 10.2 MP
- Total pixels: 10.75 MP
- Recorded resolutions: 10M (3872x2592), 6M (3008x2000), 2M (1824x1216)
- Quality levels: *** (Best), ** (Better), * (Good)
- Dust Removal: Image sensor movement combined with SP coating, Dust Alert available
- Type/construction: PENTAX KAF2 bayonet stainless steel mount
- Usable lenses: PENTAX KAF3, KAF2, KAF, and KA (K mount, 35mm screwmount, 645/67 med format useable w/ adapter and/or restrictions)
- SDM function: YES
- Power zoom function: n/a
- Type: TTL phase-matching 5 point wide autofocus system (SAFOX)
- Focus modes: AF Auto, AF Single (w/ focus lock), AF Continuous (available in Action mode including Auto Picture Action, Kids, Pet, Stage Lighting, and Night Snap modes, P/A/S/M/B/Sv), Manual
- Focus point adjustment: Wide, Spot
- AF assist: YES, via built-in flash
- Type: Penta-Mirror
- Coverage (field of view): Approx 96%
- Magnification: Approx 0.85X (w/ 50mm f/1.4 at infinity)
- Standard focusing screen: Natural-Bright-Matte II
- Diopter adjustment: -2.5 to 1.5
- Depth of field preview: Digital (available as a custom function linked to Help button)
- Type: 2.7" TFT color LCD monitor, adjustable brightness
- Resolution: 230,000 dots
- Wide angle viewable: YES
- Type: Retractable P-TTL auto/manual popup flash
- Guide number: 11 (100/m)
- Coverage: 28mm wide angle (equivalent to 35mm)
- Flash modes: On, off, redeye, wireless
- Flash exposure compensation: -2 to 1 EV in 1/2 steps
- Type: Hot shoe (P-TTL, high speed sync available), wireless with PENTAX dedicated flash
- Synchronization speed: 1/180s
- Internal memory: n/a
- Removable memory: SD, SDHC
- Ports: USB 2.0 hi-speed, video out
- Video out: NTSC, PAL
- Printer interfaces: PictBridge
- Power source: 4* AA (lithium, NiMH rechargeable, alkaline)
- Recordable images: Approx 1650 normal or 1000 with 50% flash use (lithium)
- Playback time: Approx 750 min (lithium)
- AC adapter available: YES (optional)
- Body dimensions (W x H x D): 4.8 x 3.6 x 2.7"
- Body weight
- Without battery or removable memory: 18.5 oz
- Loaded and ready: 20.8 oz (lithium)
- Construction material(s): Fiber reinforced plastic polymer covers around a rugged stainless steel chassis
- Operating temperature: 32-104 degrees F
English, French, German, Spanish, Swedish, Dutch, Italian, Russian, Portuguese, Danish, Finnish, Polish, Czech, Hungarian, Turkish, Greek, Japanese, Korean, Traditional/Simplified Chinese
- Type: Body-based, sensor shift Shake Reduction (4 stops maximum)
- Type: TTL open aperture, 16 segment metering
- Sensitivity range: EV 0-21 (ISO 100, 50mm f/1.4)
- Multi-segment: YES, 16 segments
- Center weighted: YES
- Spot: YES
- Exposure compensation: +/- 2 EV (1/2 or 1/3 steps)
- Exposure lock: YES (available as a custom function linked to focus lock)
- Exposure bracketing: YES, 3 frames, up to +/- 1.5 (1/2 steps) or +/- 1.0 (1/3 steps
- Auto: 100-3200 ISO (1, 1/2, 1/3 EV steps), up to 1600 ISO in Bulb mode
- Manual: 100-3200 ISO (1, 1/2, 1/3 EV steps), up to 1600 ISO in Bulb mode
- Auto preset modes: Auto, Daylight, Shade, Cloudy, Fluorescent (D, N, W), Tungsten, Flash
- Manual mode(s): YES
* WB fine adjustment available
- Type: Electronically controlled, vertical run, focal plane shutter
- Shutter speed: 1/4000 to 30 sec, bulb available
- Mode selection: Auto Picture (Portrait, Night Portrait, Landscape, Macro, Action), Picture (Portrait, Landscape, Macro, Action, Night Scene Portrait, Standard Flash Off), Scene (Night Scene, Surf & Snow, Food, Sunset, Kids, Pet, Candlelight, Museum, Stage Lighting [2M JPG], Night Snap [2M JPG]), Program, Sensitivity Priority, Shutter Priority, Aperture Priority, Metered Manual, Bulb (available in Metered Manual)
- Green simplified mode available: n/a
- P/A/S/M/B: P, A, S, M (extended modes include Sv, Bulb available in Metered Manual)
- Date stamp: n/a
- Digital filters (capture): Toy Camera, High Contrast, Soft, Starburst, Retro, Color Extract (6). Custom Image Modes includes Bright, Natural, Portrait, Landscape, Vibrant, and Monochrome modes. Color Custom Image Modes include gamut radar and fine adjustment for saturation, hue, contrast, and sharpness. Monochrome Custom Image Mode includes adjustment for film filter effects (green, yellow, orange, red, magenta, blue, cyan, infrared), toning (sepia warm/cool), contrast, and sharpness (regular and fine adj scales).
- Data record: Folder Name (standard, date)
- Mode selection: Single, Continuous (Hi, Lo), Self-Timer (12s, 2s), Remote (0s, 3s), Auto Bracket
- Continuous FPS:
- Approx 3.5 FPS max (5 JPG and Continuous Hi, 4 RAW)
- 1.1 FPS (unlimited JPG and Continuous Lo, 7 RAW)
- Self-timer: YES (12s, 2s)
- Remote control: YES, infrared (0s, 3s)
- Mode selection: One shot, index (4, 9, or 16 thumbnails, select & delete available), magnification (quick zoom available), image comparison, image rotation, folder view, calendar, slideshow, histogram, bright/dark indication, resize, trimming, protect, DPOF, digital filter, RAW to JPG, Index
- Magnification: Up to 16X, scrollable
- Digital filters (playback): Toy Camera, High Contrast, Soft (3), Starburst, Retro, Color Extract, Illustration (Pastel, Watercolor), HDR (3), B&W, Sepia, Color (18), Slim (+/- 8), Brightness (+/- 8), Custom
- Still: RAW PEF/DNG, JPG (EXIF 2.21), DCF 2.0 (design rule for camera file system), DPOF, Print Image Matching III
FILE STORAGE MATRIX (BASED ON 1GB MEMORY)
COMPUTER SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS*
*For device connectivity. Bundled software requirements may vary.
- Windows: Windows XP/Vista, USB port
- Mac: MacOS-X 10.3 or later, USB 2.0 port
- K2000, DA L 18-55 lens, DA 50-200 lens, USB Cable I-USB7, Strap O-ST84, Hotshoe Cover FK, Eyecup FQ, Body Mount Cover, Software CD-ROM S-SW84, AA Lithium Batteries (*4)
- AC Adapter Kit K-AC84U, Video Cable I-VC28, Remote Control F, Eyecup FL, Eyecup FP, Finder Cap for ME, Magnifying Eyepiece O-ME53 (1.2X), DSLR Gadget Bag, DSLR Sling Bag, DSLR Leather Hand Strap