The DMR-E50 lets you record your favorite TV shows or home movies on blank DVD discs ? imagine recordings that combine tape-free convenience with DVD's ultra-clean picture and sound quality! Camcorder owners will love making pristine DVD copies of videos for easy playback, or for sharing with friends and family. Plus, the DMR-E50 is a great DVD player too, with progressive-scan output for an improved picture with an HD-compatible TV.
You can make DVD recordings on rewritable DVD-RAM discs (for playback on the DMR-E50 and some Panasonic DVD players) or write-once DVD-R discs (for playback on nearly all current DVD players). Using a double-sided rewritable DVD-RAM disc, you can record up to 4 hours of high-quality video in SP mode or up to 12 hours at VHS quality. DVD-RAM discs can be erased and re-recorded up to 100,000 times! But best of all, you get incredible flexibility: the DMR-E50 gives you advanced DVD-RAM recording and playback options that just aren't possible with a VCR.
Jump directly to any spot and begin playing or recording right away. You can arrange recorded programs for playback in any order you choose. The "Chasing Playback" feature lets you watch the beginning of a recorded program while the show is finishing recording! You can also record one program while watching another program you've previously recorded. A handy control on the remote lets you search through recorded segments quickly and precisely.
For optimum picture detail and accuracy, the DMR-E50 features Hybrid VBR (variable bit rate) recording. This technology monitors the incoming signal and automatically dedicates more data to scenes that need it. When transferring video from analog sources (like a VCR) to DVD, time base correction and a 3D digital comb filter actually improve image quality. And during playback, three different types of digital noise reduction combine to provide image clarity that will surprise you.
With a built-in TV tuner, clock/timer, and VCR Plus+?, the DMR-E50 gives you familiar recording features often found on VCRs. Plus, you can save shelf space by archiving your precious home movies on DVDs (no more worries about tape failure, either).
- plays DVD-Video, DVD-RAM, DVD-R, and Video CD
- records to DVD-RAM and DVD-R
- plays CD, CD-R & CD-RW, and MP3 CD-R & CD-RW
- Hybrid VBR (Variable Bit Rate) recording
- Rapid Random Access
- 3D Digital Noise Reduction
- 54MHz/10-bit video DAC
- selectable interlaced/progressive-scan video (playback only)
- de-interlacer with 3-2 pulldown processing
- built-in 181-channel NTSC tuner
- timer recording with VCR Plus+
- manual recording
- two stereo audio recording modes: Dolby? Digital 2.0 and PCM
- optical digital output for Dolby Digital/DTS?/PCM (96kHz/24-bit-capable)
- 3 sets of A/V inputs (composite and S-video), including 1 front-panel set
- 1 set of A/V outputs (composite, S-video, and 480i/480p component video)
- RF input/output for antenna/cable signals
- remote (multibrand for TVs)
- 16-15/16"W x 3-3/16"H x 12-5/16"D
- warranty: 1 year parts & labor
- designed for use with "Region 1" coded DVDs