Sigma's proprietary OS (Optical Stabilizer) system offers the use of shutter speeds approximately 4 stops slower than would otherwise be possible, enabling hand held tele-photography. Six SLD glass elements compensate for chromatic aberrations and provide high image quality throughout the zoom range. The Super Multi-Layer Coating reduces flare and ghosting and ensures sharp and high contrast images even at the maximum apertures. The lens design adopts an inner focusing and inner zooming system to provide convenient handling and the HSM (Hyper Sonic Motor) ensures quiet and high speed autofocus while allowing full-time manual focus override. This lens has a minimum focusing distance of 80cm (31.5") and a maximum magnification ratio of 1:6.3. The rounded 9 blade diaphragm creates an attractive blur to the out of focus areas of the image. The addition of Sigma's TELE CONVERTER 1.4x EX DG APO or 2x EX DG APO produces a 70-210 F4 AF telephoto zoom lens or 100-300 F5.6 AF telephoto zoom respectively.
Warranty - 1 year America Warranty + 3 year USA extended warranty on manufacturing and workmanship for a total of 4 years of coverage from date of purchase.
- For use with smaller chip APS-c cameras only
- HSM (Hyper-Sonic Motor) ensures a quiet & high-speed auto focus
- Minimum focusing distance of 31.5 inches & with a maximum magnifications ratio of about 1:6.3
- Compact design is only 7.8 inches long
- Compatible with Sigma APO Tele Converters
- A lens hood, front & rear lens caps and carrying case are included with the lens.
Lens Construction - 21 Elements in 15 Groups
Angle of View - 27.9-9.5 degrees
Number of Diaphragm Blades - 9
Mininum Aperture - f22
Minimum Focusing Distance - 80 cm / 31.5 in
Filter Size (mm) - Diameter77mm
Maximum Magnifications - 1:6.4
(Diameter x Length) - (D) 86.4mm?(L) 197.6mm/3.4in.? 7.8 in. in