This OPEN BOX product you are browsing has been inspected by our qualified technicians to ensure that it meets factory specifications and includes all factory packed accessories. It is guaranteed to be in perfect working order but it is sold in "AS IS" condition (for example, the box may be torn, there may be cosmetic scratches, etc), returns will not be accepted unless the item is found to be defective. Please contact us with any questions BEFORE placing an order. We accept PayPal and all major credit cards. We do our best to describe each item we are selling to the best of our ability. Bear in mind that the item is sold as-is.
Use the "contact us" page to request additional information or images on this product
- Digital Surround Sound
SONY-exclusive VPT (Virtualphones Technology) circuitry gives movies impact along with an immersive 7.1ch surround sound experience.
The MDR-DS6500 is compatible with a wide variety of audio formats:Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Surround EX, DTS, DTS-ES Matrix, and DTS-ES to name a few.
- Differences in details
40mm drivers deliver deeper bass and audio clarity for a superior home entertainment experience.
- CD quality sound
Digital wireless transmission provides quality indoor transmission. (Up to apprximately 328 ft)?
- Approximate 20 hour battery life with fast recharge function
- Audio Modes: Dolby Digital Dolby Pro Logic IIx DTS DTS ES
- Distortion: 1 percent or less (1 kHz)
- Driver Unit: 40 mm
- Effective Range: Approximately 328 feet (100 m) maximum?
- Format(s) Supported: Compatible with Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Surround EX, DTS, DTS-ES Matrix, and DTS-ES discrete
- Frequency Response: 12 - 22,000Hz (digital input)
- Sound Enhancer: Off, Voice (stereo), Game, Cinema, Compression (Off/On)
- Transmitter: 2.4 gHz: 2.408 GHz ? 2.473 GHz; MSK Modulation
- Tuning: Auto Tuning on headphones
- Volume Control: Yes (Rotary)
- Design: Over-the-head, Home-Surround Sound
- Headband: Wide, Double, Adjustable
- Magnet: Neodymium
- Plug: Nickel, stereo mini plug
- Power On/Off: Power button turns unit ON/OFF; Green LED illuminates
- Type of Use: Home
Communication: Wireless Digital 2.4GHz Radio Frequency
Headphone Type: Closed, Dynamic
Inputs and Outputs
Audio In: Optical Digital Input (x1), Analog Stereo Input mini jack (x1)
Operating Temperature: 41 - 95 degees F (5 - 35 degrees C)
- Battery Charging (Approx): Approximately 3 hours
- Battery Indicator: Power-on LED indicator
- Battery Life (Approx): Approximately 20 hours
- Battery Type: Built-in Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery
- Input Power: AC Power Adaptor (6V, 800mA)
- Power Requirements: Rechargeable, built-in Lithium-Ion battery (supplied)
Weights and Measurements
- Cord Length (Approx.): 59 1/8 in. (1.5 m) Optical digital connecting cable
- Dimensions (Approx.): Transmitter: 4 3/4 x 4 3/4 x 10 3/8 in. (120 x 120 x 263 mm)
- Weight (Approx.): Headphones: Approximately 11.3 oz. (320 grams) Including supplied battery Processor: Approximately 14.8 oz. (420 grams)