Internal Focusing System - Lens elements at the rear of the optical system move, allowing rapid auto-focus response.
Aspherical Lens Elements - Aspherical elements correct frame distortion to provide more visually accurate super-wide-angle shots.
ED (Extra-low Dispersion) Glass - ED Glass lenses minimize flare and greatly reduce chromatic aberration, giving you photos with sharper focus and more accurate color separation.
Circular Aperture - In low-light shots or nightscapes, out-of-focus light sources have a pleasing circular defocused effect.
Advisory when using DT lenses with full-frame (35mm equivalent) DSLR cameras.
Sony a (alpha) lenses with the Digital Technology (DT) designation are ideal for use on APS-C size DSLR cameras and are not recommended for use with full frame DSLR camera bodies (such as the DSLR-A900). Although DT lenses can be used with full frame cameras, they can only realize a maximum of 11MP image size (when using the DSLR-A900)., and are not guaranteed to provide accurate Auto Exposure performance.
- Lens Type: Wide Angle & Wide Angle Zoom
- Aperture (Max.): f/4.5 - 5.6
- Aperture (Min.): f/22 - 29
- Filter Diameter: 77mm
- Lens Groups-Elements: 12 groups, 15 elements
- Minimum Focus Distance: 9.6" (25cm)
- Aspheric Elements: 3 aspheric
- Distance Encoder: Yes
- Distance Scale: Yes
- Aperture Blade: 7 aperture blades
Weights and Measurements
- Dimensions (Approx.): 3 3/8 x 3 1/4 (83 x 80.5mm)
- Weight (Approx.): 13oz (360g)
- Removable Flash Media Compatibility: