The ADVC 1000 is an ideal SDI input/output solution for any DV interface in a studio environment. Housed in a solid half 19-inch rack-mount design, the ADVC1000 features analog video and unbalanced audio outputs for monitor preview, front-side controls, and an LCD display. Perfect Signal Synchronization In studio environments, frame accuracy is essential for precise offline/online editing. The ADVC1000 delivers this accuracy through its use of Canopus PerfectSync technology.
PerfectSync technology controls and synchronizes the transfer rate of FireWire (IEEE 1394) communication with an external reference signal. This process prevents skipped and duplicate frames and produces perfect frames during SDI-to-DV conversion. By contrast, many SDI-to-DV converters adjust their output by skipping and/or duplicating frames to synchronize the DV signal to an external sync signal?s frame frequency. In these converters, there is no guarantee that all input frames will output to DV accurately without frame repetition and/or frame drops. DV Signal Conversion For VTR Control The ADVC1000 converts DV device control signals to RS-422 signals for external VTR control. Such control makes it possible to take in data from professional VTRs, such as Digital Betacam decks, through any standard DV editing software that features DV device control.
- Connects broadcast video equipment to FireWire (IEEE 1394)-equipped computers for video editing
- Converts common broadcast analog video and audio formats
- Rack-mount capable
- Compatible with Windows and Mac operating system-based DV editing systems
- Compatible with leading editing and DVD authoring applications including Thomson Grass Valley EDIUS, Sony Vegas, Apple Final Cut Pro and iMovie, Avid Xpress DV, Adobe Premiere Pro, Avid Liquid, Ulead MediaStudio Pro, and Windows
- No drivers or software applications to install
- NTSC and PAL compatible