The Viewsonic PJD6251 Networkable High Brightness Projector is not only networkable (it's got a built-in RJ45 jack) and bright (at 3700 lumens) as its name states, it's got a lot more advanced features.
Perhaps its most unusual and exciting capability is that it's 3-D ready. The 3-D experience is already here in the form of blockbuster movies and some video games and it's becoming ever more prevalent in other areas of video entertainment, not to mention education and corporate visualization and presentation.
The secret to modern 3-D is the Texas Instruments DLP DMD (Digital Light Processor Digital Micromirror Device). This is the technology used in movie theaters and it's the same one used in the PJD6251. Those millions of micromirrors can operate so fast that they can actually produce two images on the screen at the same time. Optional 3-D glasses combine the two images for an amazing 3-D effect. In addition to the 3-D glasses all you need is 3-D programming. The PJD6251 is 3-D ready.
The PJD6251 also benefits from DLP's BrilliantColor technology. Unlike other technologies such as LCD which use just three primary colors to produce the image, DLP Technology with BrilliantColor uses six separate colors. Color accuracy is paramount to a quality image.
BrilliantColor not only improves color accuracy, it brightens secondary colors as well. This combination produces a new level of color performance that increases the brightness of the colors by up to 50% over DLP projectors without BrilliantColor for accurate, true-to-life images.
This projector's native resolution is XGA (1024 x 768) but it can also project in the 720p, 1080i and 1080p high definition formats. It can also process video in the NTSC and PAL video standards. And to help you communicate with your entire audience, including those who are hard of hearing or learning English as a second language, it can decode and display Closed Captioning from video sources that provide it.
- BrilliantColor DLP Panel Technology
- Texas Instrument's BrilliantColor DLP panel technology delivers stunning all-digital clarity with life-like color, sharp graphics and outstanding video. The sophisticated 6-segment color wheel enhances the yellow color performance that is key to accurate and vivid color reproduction. BrilliantColor not only improves color accuracy, it brightens secondary colors as well. This combination produces a new level of color performance that increases the brightness of the colors by up to 50% over DLP projectors without BrilliantColor for accurate, true-to-life images. As a bonus, DLP panels require no filters that have to be periodically cleaned and replaced
- 3-D Ready For Immersive Educational, Gaming and Entertainment Viewing
- If you've seen a recent 3-D movie in the movie theater, chances are the 3-D effect was generated by a DLP Cinema projector. That same, basic technology has now been applied to the PJD6251. DLP technology uses millions of digital microscopic mirrors (DMDs) that reflect light to create a stunning picture. This imaging technology is so fast, it can actually produce two images on the screen at the same time: One for the left eye and one for the right eye. Then 3-D glasses combine the two images to create an amazing 3-D effect. This projector is ready for the revolution. All you need to add is 3-D glasses and 3-D programming that can include lessons developed for 3-D, 3-D games and 3-D movies.
- Energy-Saving Features Save Money Too
- The PJD6251 typically uses only about 350 watts and uses less than one watt in standby mode. In Eco mode lamp life is extended 25 percent to 5000 hours and fan noise drops from 37 dB to 35 dB.
- Network Ready With an RJ45 Jack
- A built-in RJ45 (Ethernet) jack means you can control your PJD6251 from anywhere on your LAN or across the Internet. Schedule, manage and monitor the projector remotely and receive e-mail alerts of projector lamp status. Remote network monitoring and control make this projector ideal for school and corporate use.
- Multiple Video Formats Supported
- The PJD6251 supports SDTV (480i, 576i), EDTV (480p, 576p) and HDTV (720p, 1080i, 1080p) formats. It also supports the international video signal formats NTSC, NTSC 4.43, PAL (B, D, G, H, I, M, N, 60). It's also PC compatible from its native resolution of XGA (1024 x 768) to SXGA (1280 x 1024).
- High Definition HDMI v 1.3 and Component Video Ports
- Sure the PJD6251 can do a PowerPoint show from a PC but it's also a great high definition display if you have an HD source like an HDTV or Blu-ray disc player.
- Closed Captioning
- This projector can display Closed Captioning from program sources that provide CC. That's good not only for your hard of hearing audience members but for anyone learning English as a second language or when you have to present in a noisy environment.
|Device Type ||DLP projector |
|3D Technology ||Yes |
|Built-in Devices ||Speaker |
|Width ||11 in |
|Depth ||8.6 in |
|Height ||4.5 in |
|Weight ||6.2 lbs |
|Enclosure Color ||Black |
|Image Brightness ||3700 ANSI lumens |
|Image Contrast Ratio ||2000:1 / 2800:1 (dynamic) |
|Image Size ||27.2 in - 299 in |
|Projection Distance ||4 ft - 33 ft |
|Throw Ratio ||1.7 - 2.1:1 |
|Resolution ||XGA (1024 x 768) (native) / 1280 x 1024 (resized) |
|Native Aspect Ratio ||4:3 |
|Max Sync Rate (V x H) ||120 Hz x 80 kHz |
|Lamp Type ||280 Watt |
|Lamp Life Cycle ||4000 hour(s) / 5000 hour(s) (economic mode) |
|Controls / Adjustments ||Brightness, contrast, H/V position, sharpness, color balance, input select, color temperature, keystone correction, phase, H-size |
|Features ||Eco-Mode technology, BrilliantColor, DLP 3D Ready |
|Focus Type ||Manual |
|Zoom Type ||Manual |
|Zoom Factor ||1.2x |
|Keystone Correction Type ||Digital |
|Keystone Correction Direction ||Vertical |
|Vertical Keystone Correction ||-40 / +40 |
|Analog Video Format ||PAL, NTSC 4.43, NTSC 3.58 |
|Analog Video Signal ||RGB, S-Video, composite video |
|Digital Video Standard ||High-Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI) |
|Video Modes ||480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p, 480i, 576i, 576p |
|Analog Video Signal ||RGB |
|Digital Video Standard ||High-Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI) |
|Type ||Speaker(s) - integrated |
|Sound Output Mode ||Stereo |
|Output Power / Channel ||5 Watt |
|Speaker(s) ||2 x right / left channel |
|Type ||Remote control - external - wireless |
|Interfaces ||2 x VGA input - 15 pin HD D-Sub (HD-15) 1 x VGA output - 15 pin HD D-Sub (HD-15) 1 x composite video input - RCA 1 x S-video input - 4 pin mini-DIN 1 x audio line-in - mini-phone stereo 3.5 mm 1 x audio line-out - mini-phone stereo 3.5 mm 1 x serial RS-232 - 8 pin mini-DIN 1 x network - RJ-45 ( management ) 1 x HDMI |
|Included Accessories ||Carrying case, lens cover |
|Cables Included ||1 x VGA cable |
|Security Features ||Security lock slot (cable lock sold separately) |
|Compliant Standards ||FCC Class B certified, CE, UL, TUV GS, C-Tick, cUL, ICES-003, NOM, SASO, CB, CCC, PSB, EK, IRAM, RoHS, WEEE, GOST-R |
|Power Device ||Power supply - internal |
|Voltage Required ||AC 120/230 V ( 50/60 Hz ) |
|Power Consumption Operational ||350 Watt |
|Power Consumption Operational ( Standby ) ||1 Watt |
|Software Included ||Drivers & Utilities |
|Service & Support ||3 years warranty |
|Service & Support Details ||Limited warranty - parts and labor - 3 years Limited warranty - lamp - 1 year |
|Min Operating Temperature ||41 ?F |
|Max Operating Temperature ||104 ?F |
|Humidity Range Operating ||10 - 80% |
|Sound Emission ||37 dB |
|Sound Emission (Economic Mode) ||35 dB |