The ATI Radeon HD 3850 allows you to experience the power of HD with graphics processing designed for how you work and play. Advance to the next generation of HD game performance and life-like realism thanks to DirectX 10.1 capabilities and plug-and-play ATI CrossFireX multi-GPU upgradeability. Watch the latest Blu-ray and HD-DVD videos in full 1080p HD - and upscale beyond - without placing huge demands on your CPU. Enjoy break-through efficiency with more processing performance per watt and energy-saving features to help save you money.
HD Gaming in the Next Generation
Advance to the next generation of gaming with incredible performance, life-like graphics and support for the latest Microsoft DirectX 10.1. With 320 stream processors and PCI Express 2.0 support, you're ready for the most demanding titles. And thanks to plug-and-play ATI CrossFireX upgradeability, it is easy to turbo-charge your 3D performance.
- PCI Express 2.0 - Now you are ready for the most demanding graphics applications thanks to PCI Express 2.0 support, which allows up to twice the throughput of current AMD PCI Express cards.
- Incredible performance - You'll be blown away by life-like graphics from the latest Microsoft DirectX 10.1 games, with stunning 3D graphics and shading effects.
- 320 stream processors ? More than enough horsepower to support the most demanding graphics applications.
- ATI CrossFireX - Upgrade to even greater 3D performance quickly and easily thanks to plug-and-play ATI CrossFireX technology with up to quad-GPU support.
HD Video Beyond 1080p
The latest Blu-ray and HD DVD movies play smoothly at full 1080p and your CPU is unbound for other tasks thanks to the Unified Video Decoder. Enjoy ultimate image quality with resolutions upscaled beyond1080p for the most processing-intensive content. And with a choice of digital outputs, you have more options when enjoying your digital entertainment.
- Unified Video Decoder - Enjoy the latest Blu-ray and HD DVD movies with a dedicated hardware video decoder that leaves your CPU unbound to do other tasks.
- Ultimate Image Quality - Performance that rivals high end HD-DVD and Blu-ray players on displays with resolutions that exceed 1080p - up to 2560x1600.
- Integrated Digital Outputs - Enjoy all your digital content the way you want to, with built-in HDMI and DVI output capability.
ATI Radeon HD 3800 Series graphics processors have break-through efficiency, with up to twice the processing performance per watt than previous generations of AMD GPUs. Take advantage of the latest graphics features that drive productivity at an extraordinary price.
- More processing performance per watt - the ATI Radeon HD 3800 Series delivers up to twice the Gigaflops per watt of previous generations of AMD GPUs.
- Better value - the ATI Radeon HD 3800 Series delivers up to twice the Gigaflops per dollar of previous generations of high-end AMD GPUs.
- ATI PowerPlay Technology- power saving features that reduce power consumption at idle or during low-usage
- Runs cool and quiet - With a smaller chip designed to use less power, your system can take advantage of high-end Windows Vista features while running more efficiently and quieter than ever.
- Powered by ATI Radeon HD3850
- Dual Link DVI-I x2 with full resolution HDCP Support
- 256MB Ultra High Speed GDDR3 Memory
- x16 PCI Express
- PCI Express 2.0 & 1.0 support
- Superscalar unified shader architecture
- ATI Avivo HD display enhancement technology
- ATI PowerPlay energy conserving technology
- DirectX 10.1 / Shader Model 4.1 support
- Dual DVI-I, TV/Component HDTV
- Built-in HDMI Video and 5.1 audio
- Support for the ATI Radeon DVI to HDMI adapter
- Unified Video Decoder (UVD) for Blu-ray and HD DVD
- ATI Radeon HD 3850 graphics card
- ATI CrossFireX Bridge Interconnect
- DVI to HDMI adapter
- DVI to VGA adapter
- HDTV Component out adapter
- Set-up CD
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows Vista (all versions)
- Windows XP
- Windows XP Media Center Edition
- Intel Pentium 4, Celeron, AMD Athlon 64, AMD Athlon XP, Sempron or compatible - PCI Express based PC is required with one X16 lane graphics slot available on the motherboard
- 450 Watt or greater power supply with 75 Watt 6-pin PCI Express power connector recom-mended (550 Watt and two 6-pin connectors for ATI CrossFireX)
- Certified power supplies are recommended.
- 1GB of system memory - Installation software requires CD-ROM drive
- DVD playback requires DVD drive
- Blu-ray / HD DVD playback requires Blu-ray / HD DVD drive
- For a complete ATI CrossFireX system, a second ATI Radeon HD 3850 graphics card, an ATI CrossFireX Ready motherboard and one ATI CrossFireX Bridge Interconnect cable per board (included) are required