The world's most popular portable drive is now smaller than ever. And it's smarter than ever with WD SmartWare data management and backup software that backs up your data automatically and continuously, shows your backup as it happens, and restores lost files effortlessly. Password protection and military-grade, 256-bit hardware-based encryption lets you secure your data. One of the five beautiful colors is just what you need to make you look smart (and very stylish).
WD's smallest portable drive ever - WD is an expert in portable storage, so they designed a smaller, high-quality integrated USB hard drive inside a stylish package. With a variety of fun colors, there's sure to be one to suit your style.
WD SmartWare - control center for your drive that gives you the power to:
- Protect your data automatically - Relax. Your data is secure. Automatic, continuous backup will instantly make a second copy whenever you add or change a file.
- See your backup as it happens - Seeing is believing. Visual backup displays your content categories and shows the progress of your backup.
- Bring back lost files effortlessly - Retrieve your valuable data to its original location whether you've lost all your data or just overwritten an important file.
- Take control - Customize your backup, set drive security, run diagnostics, manage the power settings, and more from the WD SmartWare control center.
Drive lock - Gain peace of mind knowing that your data is protected from unauthorized access or theft with password protection and military-grade 256-bit hardware-based encryption.
Ready to plug-and-play with Windows PCs - if you're a Mac user, check out our Mac version of this product.
USB 2.0 powered - Powered directly from the USB port on your PC. No separate power supply is needed. An optional cable is available for the few computers that limit power from the USB port.
Planet friendly - We designed a small box that uses recycled material and minimizes waste. We encourage you to recycle it.
- Automatic, continuous backup
- Visual backup control center
- Password protection and 256-bit encryption
- USB 2.0 interface
- Protecting your data with automatic, continuous backup
- Retrieving lost data effortlessly
- Adding extra storage space for photos, videos and music
- Securing private or sensitive data
- Formatted NTFS for Windows XP, Windows Vista , Windows 7
- Mac OS X Tiger, Leopard, Snow Leopard (requires reformatting)
- Face Width: 4.3 in (110 mm) +/- 0.10
- Shelf Depth: 3.2 in (83 mm) +/- 0.10
- Face Height: 0.6 in (15 mm) +/- 0.10
- Weight: 0.44 lb (0.20 kg)
- Data transfer rate: Up to 480 Mb/sec
- Interface: USB 2.0 and 1.1
- RoHS compliant: Yes
- Operating temperature: 5 degrees C to 40 degrees C
- Non-op. temperature: -20 degrees C to 65 degrees C